Top Chef

Unhappy Customers

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Jan 10, 2007 on Bravo

• We start off with Marcel rapping, that was random, but fun.

I'll start off with what I think about the quick fire challenge. Mike tends to bomb on challenges that you would think would be easy for him. I think it's because he over thinks them. That works for the harder challenges, but not for the easier ones. Overall I was happy with the winners on that challenge. Now on to the elimination challenge. One, did they tell Mike before they went shopping that they would be serving olives, if so, why wasn't a dish added to the list to receive the olive pits. Maybe Mike should have thought of them, but neither did Sam and Ilan. And two, why should he buy wine glasses? He was told there would be no wine. Sam didn't allow Mike to get anything done in the kitchen. Mike should have stood up and taken more of a position on what he thought, but it's true that his mentality was, "just let me squeak by", Not, "Let me win". I don't disagree with his elimination, just for the reasons they stated. I agree with their decision on there being no winner. No one stepped up and delivered a winning performance.