Top Design Forums

Bravo (ended 2008)

Official Discussion: Chef's Choice 1X07

Do you think the room was yummy?

sparkie_ac

[1]Mar 21, 2007
    • level: 18
    So how about tonights new episode with guest star/judge "Top Chefs" Judge Tom C. ?????
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

BrainMan820

[2]Mar 22, 2007
    • level: 16
    Well, Micheal was sent home. Finally. After all the good designers bombed and got sent off for mistakes that, although bad, were okay rooms (I still love that necktie fabric), a truly bad designer getrs the boot. Now, once Carisa is gone, it'll be about quality.

Designing a table sounds pretty easy, but, as someone who enjoys partys, I know it has to be done right. Thus. I was more enthuisatic about this challenge then some of the other ones (never been to Miami or Tahiti, I don't care about garages).

I disagree with the assessment that Andrea had the Top Design. Her design was quintessentially elegant, but, for a room designed around nature, I wish it had more "life" to it. Matt's design combined both of them, and he deserved to win. Andrea made a close second. I guess it's okay that she won, because at least her room was graceful and she designed something really good. As opposed to say, Carisa, who failed her client yet managed to win.

Goil's design was fun, and not a bad room. I hated the chandelier though. I agree that it was unusual, but, as Matt said, my appetite would be ruined if a piece fell off and into my food. And, with a chandelier made from plants, that's gonna happen.

Carisa's design and Michael's design were awful. The two of them never made anything good unless they were on a team, and even then, it was usually due to someone else pulling the weight (Matt and Felicia come to mind). Frankly, the fact that one of them is gone makes me happy. Now, if we can get rid of the other, we'll be fine.

The finale is going to be Matt and Andrea. They are the most talented designers there. Goil is fun, but he's an architect. His design asthetics leave me in question.

sparkie_ac

[3]Mar 25, 2007
    I will admit that it was michael's turn to go home but again crassia should have been right next to him if not before him. Her room was lame and boring! And that back couch was horrid. Michael's room was not much better I did like that he thought out of the box for a change and at least Tom didn't hate it as much as some of the other things he mentioned.
    Goil's room was intersting and could have worked if he had just played more with it. And I really like the light and thought it was a cool idea. What can I say
    Andrea's room did rock but it was not orginal, it was just fancy redone if you ask me. But at least she did what the challenge was and I know that impresses Tom, that is what he looks for in Top Chef. Matt's room was good, not over the top but did need something. I am not sure what but just maybe a girls touch. LOL! And yah the floor rocked, he got major point from Tom on that.
    It was nice that they had a 'real' challenge again, I like to see what they could do! I am looking forward to next week, finally we can see them work or lack of work.

layle1

[4]Mar 26, 2007
    • level: 72
    I have to say that if I were Carisa's carpenter, I'd be ignoring her too. A carpenter is an artisan as well, you have to be somewhat firm and keep him on track, but she's just shrill and bossy. This is the second carpenter she "just can't work with", at some point you have to look at your own behavior. [/rant]

Also, who is dressing these women? I feel like I'm in a very cheap version of Falcon Crest, although they appear to have increased the shoulder pad size by at least 50%. Please tell me the 80s aren't coming back! ...Apparently I wasn't done. Now, [/rant].

sparkie_ac

[5]Mar 26, 2007

Yah she blamed Sarah and then wanted this guy cause he was the best and now doesn't like him either!!

layle1 wrote:
    I have to say that if I were Carisa's carpenter, I'd be ignoring her too. A carpenter is an artisan as well, you have to be somewhat firm and keep him on track, but she's just shrill and bossy. This is the second carpenter she "just can't work with", at some point you have to look at your own behavior. [/rant]

Also, who is dressing these women? I feel like I'm in a very cheap version of Falcon Crest, although they appear to have increased the shoulder pad size by at least 50%. Please tell me the 80s aren't coming back! ...Apparently I wasn't done. Now, [/rant].

LOL!!!

Edited on 03/26/2007 7:52pm

PintheDog

[6]Mar 27, 2007
    • level: 29
    BrainMan820 wrote:
    The finale is going to be Matt and Andrea. They are the most talented designers there. Goil is fun, but he's an architect. His design asthetics leave me in question.

I agree. After Goil's recent showing, I have absolutely no faith in a win from him. I defintely think Matt and Andrea have done the best job of all those left and will making the F2, if it's only a two-person finale.

blabecky

[7]Mar 28, 2007
    • level: 8
    I think Matt and Andrea will make ti the final 2 and I'm fine with that. I miss Felicia though.. She was my fav.. Shocker of the night was Matt saying he has a wife.. I thought he was 'family'.. lol

boromirbeauty

[8]Mar 29, 2007
    • level: 61
    How was Carissa not sent home with an unfinished room? I didn't like Michael, but he got the shaft this week.

And Kari Werstler (sp?) was she channeling Lucrezia Borgia this week. What is up with that woman?

boromirbeauty

[9]Mar 29, 2007
    • level: 61
    I mean Kelly.