Top Design Forums

Bravo (ended 2008)

Official Discussion: Child's Play: 1x02

Gilmoreism

[1]Feb 7, 2007
    • level: 37
    So now that we've had more of a chance to get to know some people how are you feeling?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

boromirbeauty

[2]Feb 8, 2007
    • level: 61

I felt badly for John, not only is he sent home, but he reveals a very big bit of information about himself for nothing. I really think that the editors of the show should have cut the part when he tells everyone about his medical history out of the show, especially after he's sent home that very episode. Now potential clients who may have watched the show know something about him that he may not have felt it necessary to tell them.

Aside from that, I think the winning room was great. Fun and inviting. He really deserved to win.

Let me just comment on one more thing. I think you CAN design a room around a cat. I work with a woman who would love nothing more. It all depends on your client I guess.

blabecky

[3]Feb 8, 2007
    • level: 8
    I too felt bad for John... Plus I really don't think he was the worse there.. I was kind of sad to see home go... My favs so far are Michael, Felicia and Carissa.. I thought the winning room was so cool but being a parent of a 7 years old boy, it was a little over done.. I thought the black and pink room was honestly the best..

BrainMan820

[4]Feb 10, 2007
    • level: 16
    I feel bad for John, but this is the nature of the game. Crap happens, but the room was incomplete. He did decently, but he lost. That being said, I hope his therapy goes well.

Personally, I thought Michael had the worst room. The green made it look sad, and the arrangement of the room made it look like a hospice.

sparkie_ac

[5]Feb 10, 2007
    • level: 18
    It wasn't really John's fault but he coudl have still set it up with what he had.
    I liked that Todd stepped out and we saw him more than just "blah" in the fist show. It was nice to see that and I liked the adventure of the challege. I think the players did great over all. The judges stepped up too and gave some insite this time. I really like the ship theme was cute! I really liked seeing the series unfold this week.

sparkie_ac

[6]Feb 10, 2007
    And I admit I didn't like John so I am not that sorry oh well just opinion.

sparkie_ac

[7]Feb 10, 2007
    boromirbeauty wrote:

I felt badly for John, not only is he sent home, but he reveals a very big bit of information about himself for nothing. I really think that the editors of the show should have cut the part when he tells everyone about his medical history out of the show, especially after he's sent home that very episode. Now potential clients who may have watched the show know something about him that he may not have felt it necessary to tell them.

Aside from that, I think the winning room was great. Fun and inviting. He really deserved to win.

Let me just comment on one more thing. I think you CAN design a room around a cat. I work with a woman who would love nothing more. It all depends on your client I guess.

I agree on the cat thing

Gilmoreism

[8]Feb 15, 2007
    • level: 37
    After watching the episode again last night, I was really just upset with the judges. They seem to be overly harsh towards the contestants and only praise them when they are out of the room. I like the pirate room and everything except it was too in the moment. What happens when Pirates aren't cool anymore? What does he do? I think it was nice but far too out there. I didn't like that they kept telling Matt that his room was too nice or sophisticated for a young girl, but the girl said she loved everything they said was too adult. It was just silly. I think that John maybe should have gone home except for the fact that his floor wasn't as much his fault as it was his carpenters who came back with nothing. He couldn't have picked up something similar, or bought a little less that could be hidden under the bed... It was silly. I think that Michael should have gone home because his wasn't a girls room at all. Also I don't think it was right that they didn't tell them the size of the bed before they designed the room. That was just silly because any designer is going to know the size of the bed before they design the room.

boromirbeauty

[9]Feb 18, 2007
    • level: 61
    Gilmoreism wrote:
    After watching the episode again last night, I was really just upset with the judges. They seem to be overly harsh towards the contestants and only praise them when they are out of the room. I like the pirate room and everything except it was too in the moment. What happens when Pirates aren't cool anymore? What does he do? I think it was nice but far too out there. I didn't like that they kept telling Matt that his room was too nice or sophisticated for a young girl, but the girl said she loved everything they said was too adult. It was just silly. I think that John maybe should have gone home except for the fact that his floor wasn't as much his fault as it was his carpenters who came back with nothing. He couldn't have picked up something similar, or bought a little less that could be hidden under the bed... It was silly. I think that Michael should have gone home because his wasn't a girls room at all. Also I don't think it was right that they didn't tell them the size of the bed before they designed the room. That was just silly because any designer is going to know the size of the bed before they design the room.

Hey are harsh indeed. Sadly, I don't know who they are outside of this show so I can't say much about them.