Top Design Forums

Bravo (ended 2008)

Official Discussion: Life of the Party 1X06

Did Goil overreact?

sparkie_ac

[1]Mar 14, 2007
    • level: 18

Official Discussion: Life of the Party 1X06 3-14-05

So what did you all think of this weeks group challenge?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

boromirbeauty

[2]Mar 15, 2007
    • level: 61
    Erik was a fun designer, but I'm glad that he was sent home and not Goil. In reality, if it had been my choice, I would have sent Andrea home for those terrible flowers. They were just ugly.

Carissa still continues to annoy me. I'm really surprised that Michael and Matt didn't try harder to put her in her place. If she ends up winning that will really be a bad choice.

Finally, the judges seem to be a bit wishy washy, saying one thing at one time and something different the next.

NicholeIV

[3]Mar 15, 2007
    • level: 7
    I thought that is sucked that team lost the challenge, because I really want to see Carissa gone..ugh that girl grates on my last nerve. I feel like they continue to keep her around because they already got rid of all the women. If they would have sent Goil home I would have stopped watching this show..it has been very disappointing lately. Group projects on a show like this is stupid. It looks like they are going back to their 12X12 boxes next week..FINALLY!!!!

sparkie_ac

[4]Mar 15, 2007
    • level: 18
    I don't think it was Eric's turn to go home but hey if it meant Goil stayed that I am ok with it. I couldn't beleive that Carrisa didn't get sent home again she was lucky that she wasn't on the losing team. That is the only reason I think she is there. I really don't like her and the way she said she did the design all herself is bogis! Freak but then again look at Top Chef most people didn't like Marsel but he made it to the finals, granted I liked him just not Carissa wtich witch!!! Andrea is a freak too, and thos flowers OMG they where horrible! And the judges are right flowers are not fuzzy. She could have gone home instead of Eric but really.
    Michael and Matt did good I think and it was nice to see that Matt saw what Mike sees in Carissa. I thought it was great when they gave reach other high fives at judges room and not her, I laughed like crazy. And Beauty is right why didn't they try harder to put her in her place. But if she ends up winning I think I will shoot myself (not really) but you get the point.
    The judges where not that harsh this week compared to last week. And Todd contiues to do good but this week he was more in the back round rather than spot light, makes me wonder.
    My favorite part was the bouncer the winning team had How cute and funny!!!

Gilmoreism

[5]Mar 15, 2007
    • level: 37
    Am I the only one that was annoyed with Michael? I'm sorry but Carissa is annoying but I find Michael much more annoying. He was a little witch with a b last night... I couldn't stand him. I really would have been angry if Goil had gone home sense he really wasn't responsible for the room. I would have had no problem seeing Andrea going home, but Goil would have been bad.

DragonFlyJones

[6]Mar 15, 2007
    • level: 5
    it would have been funny to see a go-go dancer with a   gold outfit on at the party, those judges would've flipped out but their room was really nice and way better than the losers

BrainMan820

[7]Mar 15, 2007
    • level: 16
    I thought Goil should have been sent home. I'm sure I'm in the minority, but he's far too meek. He doesn't want to be Jan Brady, but I don't think he can speak above a whisper. That's not what a Top Designer does. He's working with Andrea and Erik, who are both go-getters, and he's not speaking enough.

Carisa is quite rude and needs to get over herself. Every other designer has shown more talent then her, even the eliminated ones.

On a side note, I just noticed Andrea is close to 40. I thought she was 23.

My opinion of Margaret is going up. She seemed nervous the first episode, when she reamed Goil and Elizabeth, but now she seems a lot more generous and looking at things more from a client perspective. Which is nice, because John and Kelly look at it from an architectural one, which I have no experience in. She's a very elegant woman.

PintheDog

[8]Mar 16, 2007
    • level: 29
    This episode actually kept me guessing as to who would win or lose right up to the White Room. I thought, at first, that the editing was foreshadowing a Carisa/Matt/Michael loss, but once the bad comments of the other team's room came creeping in, I knew right away that an Andrea/Erik/Goil loss was on the way.

I actually was glad Andrea stayed. The flowers were bad, but the overall concept is what people couldn't get. That was Erik's responsibility, so I'm glad he was eliminated.

In terms of possible winners, I believe Matt is getting the winner's edit.