Top Gear Australia Forums

The Nine Network (ended 2012)

Which is better

Which is better:

eMetiB_101

[1]Sep 29, 2008
    • level: 36
    Top Gear UK hands down... Aussie version doesn't even make it past the start line before it runs out of fuel.
    Edited on 09/29/2008 3:00am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

KazzGirl

[2]Sep 29, 2008
    • level: 12
    Sorry dont agree. Call me paroquial, but I am Australian and this is an Australian Version therefore I support it. Its not about being one eyed or prejudice, its about suppporting what is "us"! Give it a couple of weeks and then maybe a truer opinion can be passed. But in the meantime - Aussie! Aussie! Aussie! Oi! Oi! Oi!

thedarkknight67

[3]Sep 29, 2008
    • level: 7

KazzGirl wrote:
    Sorry dont agree. Call me paroquial, but I am Australian and this is an Australian Version therefore I support it. Its not about being one eyed or prejudice, its about suppporting what is "us"! Give it a couple of weeks and then maybe a truer opinion can be passed. But in the meantime - Aussie! Aussie! Aussie! Oi! Oi! Oi!

If its about supporting what is us why are the hosts trying so hard to mimic their British conterparts. If they weren't playing the parts of the Poms yes it might be a worthwhile show but at the moment as they copy even the mannerisums of the origional presenters it's just cringe worthy.

mandy_gough

[4]Sep 30, 2008
    • level: 10
    thedarkknight67 wrote:

KazzGirl wrote:

If its about supporting what is us why are the hosts trying so hard to mimic their British conterparts. If they weren't playing the parts of the Poms yes it might be a worthwhile show but at the moment as they copy even the mannerisums of the origional presenters it's just cringe worthy.

im an aussie too and it was extremly hard to sit tere and watch it. I am only going to watch it next week cos they have ford vs holden. The hosts where trying to copy the originals and even the opening credits where from top gear uk and the set, I mean come on, if they dont want comparisions to the original CHANGE it! I would have had more respect for the show if they had come out in a completley different set and had just being themselves rather than copies.

thedarkknight67

[5]Oct 1, 2008
    • level: 7
    Couldn't agree with you more Mandy!

williamely

[6]Oct 1, 2008
    • level: 5
    I'm a Top Gear fan from the US and I have to say I was a little disappointed by the similarities between the UK and AUS versions. Then again I was also disappointed that the "Bog Standard Car" wasn't a V8 Interceptor from Mad Max. I have a feeling that the two Top Gear shows are going to be poking fun at each other as the series progresses. I think that the second series of Top Gear Australia will be better because they will have time to tweak the show.

Blazebran

[7]Oct 7, 2008
    • level: 8
    IM from Aus aswell and i gotta say im totaly disapointed in this show my main nitpick is that its not all australian at all i swear that the host have had coaching from the uk host as each of them is a mimic of the uk host also further more i was expecting a completely australian set up with down to earth aussies and what we got was top gear aus/uk point being totaly unoriginal go back re do the sets hosts be your selves not copies

was good to see Kalgoolie on there my old home town