Top Gear Forums

Sunday 8:00 PM on BBC Two

Limo's

GumbieuK

[1]Mar 7, 2007
    • level: 3
    Was it just me or did everyone find this episode funny? I though it was brilliant and i have never laughed so much whilst watching top gear and i can't believe they would even dare try to drive those on the public roads.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Ultimate_Critic

[2]Mar 7, 2007
    • level: 12
    It was a hilarious episode! I laughed for a minute straight when they showed Richard's MG with the spoiler.

I did feel sorry for james though, as I don't think Lamar could have acted that well when he had his hissy fit (for good reason though) and it must have been rather hurtful.

RoboAmish

[3]Mar 8, 2007
    • level: 18
    Genius, pure genius...

Lemar was just an a**hole though. I get the feeling the one Clarkson was driving around (Chris Moyes?) proably knew him as he was a sport about the whole thing

qrexranger9

[4]Mar 8, 2007
    • level: 8
    It was the high point of the season for me. As for Lemar, it is easy to criticize him but I do feel some sympathy since when you hire a limo and driver its not too much to expect him to do his job, especially when you're going somewhere important. I don't know what Hammond was thinking with the convertable limo since a limo is supposed to provide privacy. I was also amazed at how long they were, I thought they would be simply maybe 2 or 3 times longer.

torq89

[5]Mar 8, 2007
    • level: 7
    Awww poor Lemar!! You really do have to feel sorry for him! To be lost AND late one of the most important night of the year and in the company of the odious James May in a make-shift limo!

The episode, in general, was funny. I particularly loved when Jeremy and James started on Hammond's vommiting habits! Although, the American episode was the best so far!

GumbieuK

[6]Mar 8, 2007
    Moyles probably enjoyed the experience, he's as big a nutter as the top clear presenters.

MattAllenLFC

[7]Mar 8, 2007
    • level: 62
    He (Moyles) isn't even in the same league as the Top Gear presenters.

qrexranger9

[8]Mar 9, 2007
    I wonder how May managed to hook two lots of everything to one engine, or did the rear half only have steering?

GumbieuK

[9]Mar 9, 2007
    He must of hooked up both ends because remember when they had to turn and drive away from the "terrorists" he just got in the other end and drove away.

dd790

[10]Mar 9, 2007
    • level: 5
    or he left the engine in both ends (its in the front of saloons)

qrexranger9

[11]Mar 10, 2007

dd790 wrote:

No. I remember watching a show called scrapheap challenge a while back where teams had to make their own custom cars and drive them to locations for challenges. They had to get their cars passed as road legal just as the TG guys did. one team had 2 engines and I remember it being mentioned that it is illegal to have 2 engines on the road so they disconnected one and only used it for the challenges. Given it mentions James passes easily it suggests he didn't have to do anything of the sort so he only had the 1. Can you connect 2 lots of stuff to 1 engine or is there only enough places on the engine to connect 1 of everything up?

TVmania619

[12]Mar 10, 2007
    • level: 13
    The Limo episode was a great finale to Top Gear Series 9! I laughed all the time from Jeremy driving a half car, to James being shot in the gentleman area!

J-o-h-n-n-y

[13]Mar 15, 2007
    • level: 16
    I noticed something though - if the Limos weren't road legal until the last challenge, how did they get them from the workshop to the studio? Imagine the pick-up lorry!

sfaberge

[14]May 26, 2007
    • level: 21
    qrexranger9 wrote:

dd790 wrote:

No. I remember watching a show called scrapheap challenge a while back where teams had to make their own custom cars and drive them to locations for challenges. They had to get their cars passed as road legal just as the TG guys did. one team had 2 engines and I remember it being mentioned that it is illegal to have 2 engines on the road so they disconnected one and only used it for the challenges. Given it mentions James passes easily it suggests he didn't have to do anything of the sort so he only had the 1. Can you connect 2 lots of stuff to 1 engine or is there only enough places on the engine to connect 1 of everything up?

When they did the challenge, he hadn't had the road legal test so he still had the second engine connected. Maybe he just disconnected the second engine when he went on the road. I think the law is that if the other engine isn't used on the road it's ok and he only used one at a time anyway.

J-o-h-n-n-y wrote:
    I noticed something though - if the Limos weren't road legal until the last challenge, how did they get them from the workshop to the studio? Imagine the pick-up lorry!

If I was Clarkson, I would have shipped it in a trailer in halves