Top Gear Forums

Sunday 8:00 PM on BBC TwoBetween Seasons

Season 16 Episode 2 - Top Gear UK vs AUS

Arkayne90

[1]Jan 31, 2011
    • level: 6

I'll make this brief so I don't spoil anything for those who have yet to watch the episode.

This isn't the first time Top Gear UK went up against the Australian variant in a series of "motor challenges", and I'm very annoyed at what we keep seeing.

YES, Australian muscle cars are BIG ass V8 monsters, and I understand why they picked the HSV Maloo since it's a Ute; one of Australia's flagship cars. BUT, why no love for the Ford's?

The FPV F6 310 was named Australia's fastest production car - running an Inline 6 cylinder Turbo is no shame compared to the big 6.2L V8 Holden has to offer, because, simply, it demolishes it in every aspect.

Now, I understand the program is pre-recorded, but we have had the 5.0L Supercharged V8 FPV GT around since November 2010, yet no mention or qualification bringing these cars over to Europe? Ford have done SO MUCH to bring up a "kinetic" design in their styling, making the Falcons look and play very European-like, yet there's no mention of taking these sort of cars over to the UK to show off what Aussie cars really are!

Does anyone else think we're missing something? Both the Ford Falcon and the Holden Commodore are Australian landmarks in the car industry - why are we not taking BOTH cars into consideration???

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MattAllenLFC

[2]Feb 3, 2011
    • level: 62
    They probably see Ford as an American car maker, not an Australian one.

mermayd

[3]Feb 7, 2011
    • level: 19
    I love how the only way they can win is through blatant cheating. What's the matter boys? Scared?

I felt sorry for the sheep. i've never seen an acrobatic sheep before.