Top Gear Forums

Sunday 8:00 PM on BBC Two

Series 10 episode 1

sfaberge

[21]Oct 8, 2007
    • level: 21
    It was OK, nothing hugely special. It's either that the hype was too high OR it actually wasn't a spectacular episode. I think it's the latter. They barely did any cars and there were no challenges...

The rant about Fifth Gear was quite funny though. The cool wall was such a scripted joke
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mermayd

[22]Oct 8, 2007
    • level: 19
    Thank God someone else thinks the same as me. That was a bit rubbish.

Even Helen Mirren was a let down. I think I have just worked myself into a frenzy of anticipation over the summer.

Sigh.

sfaberge

[23]Oct 8, 2007
    I did quite enjoy the swearing at Jeremy! No, I definitely agree that wasn't great

MattAllenLFC

[24]Oct 8, 2007
    • level: 62

I gave it a 9 in my review, but an 8 would probably have done it. I'm sure there will be better episodes than this, but I still liked it. I'd like it again only my Sky+ box decided to kill itself today and I lost the episode as well as the American Special. Worse still, is the fact that as recently as Friday, I was considering buying a DVD recorder. If I'd done that on Saturday... buggeration.(it's repeated on Wednesday, BBC2 7pm).

Check out Andy Wilman's Blog on the Top Gear Magazine site.

Bule1101

[25]Oct 8, 2007
    • level: 10

WOW did not think I was gonna agree, but really it was not a good episode...

The Golf part was useless since it will not go in production, and there are so so many cars out there I would love Jeremy to drive, they really could have chosen better.

The news part was far too long, and not so funny... Cool Wall joke was one of the worst ever on Top Gear... With Helen,I really do not understand why they are inviting people who dont care about cars. It is always the most boring conversation...

The Super-cars were nice but againI would say they wasted to much time in the beginning and then just showed everything else in 15 min...It could have been much better...

Just two clips per show is not enough!! They should do more things and not stretch the studio part out so much...

Still love them, and cant wait for next week

Edited on 10/08/2007 2:22pm

RoboAmish

[26]Oct 9, 2007
    • level: 18
    enjoyable episode. Not the best but worth it to see the fellas back where they belong. The highpoint of the episode was undiutably all the digs at Fifth Gear who had it a long time coming!!! overall an 8.5/10

btw: since Jeremy mentioned what we could expect over the next ten weeks, those that mean this run is longer? (10 episodes as opposed to 6 the past few seasons)

MattAllenLFC

[27]Oct 9, 2007
    • level: 62
    Yes, 10 episodes for this series. They have stuff left-over from series 9 - eg Richard driving the Renault F1 car (as seen in the preview). One programme will be an hour-long special about the trip to Botswana; I can not imagine why that needs an hour, I'll just have to wait and see, I suppose.

scprof

[28]Oct 9, 2007
    • level: 9

I can't believe that there wasn't a single dig from Jeremy about Richard's new hair style. It is hideous.

The teaser at the start for the rest of the 9 weeks certainly looked good.

I now want to go driving in the Switzerland Alps on those roads and as for the last one in Italy. Heaven.

sfaberge

[29]Oct 11, 2007
    scprof wrote:

I can't believe that there wasn't a single dig from Jeremy about Richard's new hair style. It is hideous.

The teaser at the start for the rest of the 9 weeks certainly looked good.

I now want to go driving in the Switzerland Alps on those roads and as for the last one in Italy. Heaven.

Actually they do in the uncut section on their website. It's just really rude so they had to cut it out!!