Top Gear Forums

Sunday 8:00 PM on BBC TwoBetween Seasons

Series 10 episode 2

LMH68

[1]Oct 15, 2007
    • level: 57

(OK, not trying to step on anyone's toes, just looking for somewhere to comment on this episode)

As amusing as the boat-cars were, is this an indications that the production crew are running out of ideas? Hope not.

Also, WTF Jools? You told the same story on Jonathan Ross!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MattAllenLFC

[2]Oct 16, 2007
    • level: 62

There were a few funny lines in this week's episode, but I felt the Channel-crossing thing was a little, erm, wet. Maybe this is a dull point but, I didn't think it was edited very well - it seemed a bit rushed. They seemed to have got into a groove of one car review - the News - cocking about - SIARPC - a bit more cocking about.

Regarding the Porsche pipes; a week or so back, I and a couple of friends were 'marvelling' at the sight of a Porsche kettle! I think it was £95 and all it did was make water hot. Imagine the kind of person who would buy such a thing. Tea, anyone?

sfaberge

[3]Oct 16, 2007
    • level: 21
    It was better than last week but still slightly... boring?? One car a week is rubbish.

And then I heard some stupid smoking group was complaining again

LMH68

[4]Oct 16, 2007
    • level: 57
    It isn't Top Gear if someone isn't complaining.

sfaberge

[5]Oct 17, 2007
    I'm hesitant to write a review for the last two Top Gears because I want to be nice but they haven't been really good episodes.

RoboAmish

[6]Oct 17, 2007
    • level: 18
    The series hasn't really started up yet but I feel it'll come good soon, even though they seem to be in need of a few fresh ideas. They have 6 episodes to do something new (road trip and the harvesting of the petrol don't count) and are in drastic need of something completely different like the Roadworks episode was at the time.

But still, a good episode and even an off Top Gear beats about every other show on the telly- 9/10

Ultimate_Critic

[7]Oct 18, 2007
    • level: 12
    I really enjoyed that episode simply because it was well balanced between the great sequence of cocking about and the awesome car review (Jools Holland was sooo boring though - I actually fell asleep). I loved it - after an R8/911 comparison, you don't need any other reviews. I need a drink, I've completely forgotten my point. Great episode.

MattAllenLFC

[8]Oct 19, 2007
    • level: 62
    Was that Richard's Porsche do you think? If so, I'll bet he was delighted when Stig spun it coming out of the second-to-last corner.

Laserfrankie

[9]Oct 20, 2007
    • level: 1

There have been so many interesting new cars released this year and all they come up with is one car review per episode (and the VW W12 does not even count, because it is not for sale).

Those challenges and road trips are fun but I wanna see some good, old-fashioned Top Gear car shootouts. I want to see more of Jeremy's bashings of bad or mediocre cars. Those were always the meat of the show to me, because no one else dared to speak that way.

If it goes on like now, one might think the car industry does not give them new cars anymore for reviewing, because they fear the outcome...

Greetings,

Frank

sfaberge

[10]Oct 20, 2007
    I just realised that they haven't even tested a 2nd gen BMW Mini yet, let alone the new Clubman. I know it isn't a huge expensive supercar but it's just too important a car for them to ignore

Oforfsake

[11]Oct 21, 2007
    • level: 7

Personally i loved that episode but then again the episode involving the amphibious card was one of the best episodes ever so a revisit of them was actually great for me.

I get the feeling that it was less to do with running out of ideas and more to do with the fact that the first amphibious cars were so popular.