Top Gear Forums

Sunday 8:00 PM on BBC TwoBetween Seasons

Series 11- Episode 3

What Did you think of think of this episode?

dh13579

[1]Jul 6, 2008
    • level: 9

I know somebody else normally does this but it isn't up so I'll do it!

Episode 3 has now aired. Post your thoughts of the episode.

Ed's edit: poll options edited.

Edited on 07/07/2008 10:48am
    Edited 5 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Bule1101

[2]Jul 6, 2008
    • level: 10

Well I liked it very much! The only thing lacking was the guest part, which was broing as usual. I cant remember the last time there was somebody interesting there. They should bring Carr around again, he was really good.

The Alfa part was great! Really funny and didnt look staged at all, which was the best part for me. I also like how they were helping each other for the first time. Well it reminded me of the porsche challenge which was one of the best top gear moments ever.

Cant wait until next week...

Edited on 07/06/2008 5:58pm

sfaberge

[3]Jul 8, 2008
    • level: 21
    Yeah the Alfa part was definitely good. I agree that the guests part just doesn't work anymore. Firstly with two guests and then for some reason they play mistakes in the practice lap first, then do the interview and then show the last lap.

The other thing I can complain about is that they insist on photographs which can't be shown on air so what is the point of keeping that part at all. Fine, do it for the studio audience but if you can't show the photo then leave the whole segment out during edit.

dh13579

[4]Jul 10, 2008
    • level: 9

I also loved this episode. It was good because there was no stuntman this week. But then again the Stig didn't get to taken anything out for a spin. The alfa romeo challenge had me in stitches!

I think top gear is back!

yellowbucket101

[5]Jul 10, 2008
    • level: 6
    I agree with you, good episode, very funny and another great challenge. But the celebrity bit is falling short, I have barely heard of any of these people. It is quicker to become famous then it is to get tickets for the show! They either need to get more interesting couples or go back to how they did it before and just have decent single guests. No stunt man this week, not sure why the did the stunt man, but it was amusing if little else. Overall I really enjoyed last weeks episode and cannot wait for this weeks. They need to stop trying so hard to be new and different, we like the way they do things. Keep up the good work, but get some cooler celebrities in

yellowbucket101

[6]Jul 12, 2008
    • level: 6
    Oh for anyone who was wondering the picture shown to the studio audience only this week was (!WARNING, DISGUSTING!) of a man in women's lingerie shoving his anatomy up an exhaust!

ltcomstella

[7]Jul 12, 2008
    • level: 18

i agree the star in reasonably priced car has had its time time to move on

two guests who all seem to be involved socially or even sexually i think in the case of jlc and alan carr was it ?

the alpha slot was fun tho james needs to chill out or rm and jc need to stop rear ending him ALL THE TIME !! in pretty much EVERY car they buy and wreck they prang the hell out of james,

like when rm turned up he deliberatly pranged james car door i think if anyone leaves it will be james,

i was wondering why rm and jm are mostly together and jc drives in the races then i realised jm cant find his way out of a paper bag !

i would like to see jc and rm against jm in a race like jm flies aplane jc and rm drive somethin.

stuntman is lame tho he's gettng better

and i want to see more of the vw scirocco dang that car is fine!

qrexranger9

[8]Jul 13, 2008
    • level: 8
    fairly consistent, very good challenge, high 7.