TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

Top Gear Forums

Sunday 8:00 PM on BBC TwoIn Season

Series 11 Episode 6

What did you think of this episode?

dh13579

[1]Jul 27, 2008
    • level: 9

Episode 6 has aired post your thoughts about the episode.

Edited on 07/27/2008 10:59am
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Ultimate_Critic

[2]Jul 27, 2008
    • level: 12
    Very enjoyable episode. I saw the Gumpert at the MPH show and it is stunning which clearly didn't come over on the screen.

The JK lap was a tad unfair in that they took his best lap timerather than a do or die lap time, but he was a funny guest and for once this season I found the guest entertaining!

A well sturucted mix of reviews and silliness. Good stuff.

sfaberge

[3]Jul 27, 2008
    • level: 21

I liked it but I thought the German part was rushed a bit. I think they could have done without the Japan part or a shorter Japan part and then done a longer Germany part. I think I would have enjoyed it more because the Germany part was so good.

It was a good end though and probably the second best episode of the series for me.

Did anyone notice he said: "see you in the autumn"?

Edited on 07/27/2008 3:24pm

yellowbucket101

[4]Jul 27, 2008
    • level: 6
    Well, that was a brilliant episode. I really enjoyed it, those double decker cars were hilarious! An all round great end to the current season, if not slightly rushed at the end of the episode, but then they did cram a lot in!

yellowbucket101

[5]Jul 27, 2008
    sfaberge wrote:

Did anyone notice he said: "see you in the autumn"?

That is because they are back in October, as stated on the episode summary on this site.

wounds

[6]Jul 28, 2008
    • level: 24
    sfaberge wrote:
    I liked it but I thought the German part was rushed a bit. I think they could have done without the Japan part or a shorter Japan part and then done a longer Germany part. I think I would have enjoyed it more because the Germany part was so good.

It easily could've been a special - which would be much more enjoyable.

But can anybody tell me what James said when he was shooting at Jeremy with the paintball tank?

"*gibberish*, wouldn't you?" - that's all I understood.

PoliceCop1

[7]Jul 28, 2008
    • level: 2
    wounds wrote:
    sfaberge wrote:
    It easily could've been a special - which would be much more enjoyable. But can anybody tell me what James said when he was shooting at Jeremy with the paintball tank? "*gibberish*, wouldn't you?" - that's all I understood.

Richard: (walking upto the tank with James inside) "James what are you doing?!"

James: "Shooting at Jeremy."

Richard: "But he's on our side!"

James: "Yeah but why wouldn't you?"

Richard: "You're right you would, fire!"

Richiebcfc25

[8]Jul 28, 2008
    • level: 47
    a brilliant episode and i must say i have always said that james may is the stig

qrexranger9

[9]Jul 28, 2008
    • level: 8

To use a footballing analogy, this series has been much like Liverpool, which is pretty apt. Generally its been in the 'good' middling 7/10 range but not title quality, much like a lot of liverpools signings. Last night the show finally got Torres. Japan could have been shorter, and was a bit unrealistic as James actually went the right way. JK was an excellent guest, if only everyone else could be so interested to be on. About the taking of the fastest lap, who cares, it was great to see Cowell knocked off his perch, and JK's reactions throughout from what he said during the clip of the lap, when Jeremy pulled his mean trick to make him think he had failed, and when he won, were great to watch. As for the Germany thing, great to see such a contest, and with Top Gear going international maybe we could have annual competitions between the presenting teams. However, and it may be just me, I was actually looking forward to see James fail miserably in the final challenge, as neat as the stig switch was I would rather have seen that.

BTW, just a quick thing, I've had to access here from an unfamiliar computer as mine is being serviced, so I had to go to the homesite rather than click on the link to the forum on my favourites. The top link when I searched was 'Top Gear' so I clicked only to find the american version and we were reduced to having the brackets at the end. I know its a) an american-based site and b) in most shows its the american version that's the original, but in this case we're quite a few years older, considerably more if you count the original, so surely that should be recognized by having all other versions having the ones with the country abbreviations in brackets, or if not they all should carry it, but not title a foreign version without as if it was the original. I'm not really that annoyed and I wouldn't care if it stayed that way but just thought I'd mention it.

ltcomstella

[10]Jul 29, 2008
    • level: 18

i lol'd

for me the highlights where in order of appearance

jk beating the codpiece cowell and swearing for what seemed ages

sabine saying jeremy is sticking to my arse , he does have 'some' talent ! albiet via subs

hammond being a bad winner ( he did cock it up and still won so he had every right to be in the poncy krauts face )

james may as the stig and winning, tho the likely hood of him being the stig is monumetally flawed, just watch all of james previous top gear episodes.

methinks the germans want a rematch !!

don't mention the war !!

sfaberge

[11]Jul 29, 2008

I agree, I really thing the vs. Germany could have been a special. It felt so rushed, we weren't even told the score in the end.

Their entrance was pure genius. Obviously until the point where they had to get out of their flight suits.

Did anyone else think that James May should have used the GWhiz they modified last series?

Edited on 07/29/2008 9:04am
    Edited 2 total times.

wounds

[12]Jul 29, 2008
    • level: 24
    PoliceCop1 wrote:

Richard: (walking upto the tank with James inside) "James what are you doing?!"

James: "Shooting at Jeremy."

Richard: "But he's on our side!"

James: "Yeah but why wouldn't you?"

Richard: "You're right you would, fire!"

Thanks dude!

ltcomstella

[13]Aug 3, 2008

one problem with the modded g whizz

highlight here.

HAMMOND BLEW IT TO SMITHEREENS with an rc car !!!

to here

i think i'm right my thoughts are WTF was jm thinking a gwhizz against 5 supercars ??

also is it wrong to find sabine sexy/ hot/ fit ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PNl2jK5Y7E nuff said

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_VifqgdanQ is this foreplay for racedrivers ? and i wonder what they're babies would be like lols

Edited on 08/03/2008 10:33am
    Edited 4 total times.

yellowbucket101

[14]Aug 12, 2008
    This was a great end to a great season. I now cannot wait for the next 8 episodes in October and the specials they have planned. Though I am not entirely sure what the specials will be like I am sure they will be good

sfaberge

[15]Aug 13, 2008
    yellowbucket101 wrote:
    This was a great end to a great season. I now cannot wait for the next 8 episodes in October and the specials they have planned. Though I am not entirely sure what the specials will be like I am sure they will be good

I don't like finding out what the specials are until the very last moment. I like the surprises!

MattAllenLFC

[16]Aug 15, 2008
    • level: 62

Glares at the word 'season'...

I prefer to be surprised, too. If anybody does find any information on forthcoming episodes for the new SERIES, a spoiler thread is the place to share it.

Edit: with a suitably vague title, of course.

Edited on 08/15/2008 5:13am

RoboAmish

[17]Sep 6, 2008
    It was an adaquete season finale

I'm not sure I liked the challenge too much. I usually like their whole childish cocks routine and it works splendidly in real world situations as shown by many challenges but here, I kinda wished they'd take things a bit more seriously and give those Krauts what for. Oh well, I guess it all worked out in the end

7/10

vishus1990

[18]Sep 8, 2008
    • level: 15
    wasnt the best season finale, but a good ep overall.

Bule1101

[19]Sep 8, 2008
    • level: 10

They cheated on the JK time. The new rules say that you only get one fast lap which they time. That is why Carr is in last place. But with JK they looked at his best ten times and then took the fastest which was run 9.

I was really upset about that...

sfaberge

[20]Sep 9, 2008
    Bule1101 wrote:

They cheated on the JK time. The new rules say that you only get one fast lap which they time. That is why Carr is in last place. But with JK they looked at his best ten times and then took the fastest which was run 9.

I was really upset about that...

Actually I think they abandoned this idea within a few episodes of the new car and went back to what it was before. 9 laps and the fastest one sticks