Top Gear Forums

Sunday 8:00 PM on BBC TwoBetween Seasons

Series 12 episode 3

What did you think of this episode

dh13579

[1]Nov 15, 2008
    • level: 9
    Did it in advance again.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mermayd

[2]Nov 16, 2008
    • level: 19
    Mark Wahlberg eh?

woo hoo!

Looking forward to that one. This is mean but I anticipate him not having the first idea what Jeremy is saying to him.

RoboAmish

[3]Nov 16, 2008
    • level: 18
    Nothing spectacular but enjoyable. Highlights were the engine powered blender and Captain Slow's showdown with the Finnish Bill Oddie. And of course, the challenge was entertaining as always (Jeremy and his hammers never cease to crack me up). Wahlberg was as dull as I'd feared though...

qrexranger9

[4]Nov 17, 2008
    • level: 8
    It was consistently good and enjoyable without really being that great or memorable. I'm just glad I wasn't eating when Jeremy made that concoction. and would probably have thrown up had I even sipped it. Nice bit of machoism in the ingredients (he even put a brick in for crying out loud). But I suppose that sums up why I like the show. Just like my fondness for I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue on the radio. Its unique. on what other show do you get anyone doing half the things the guys do each series?

hobnob_brown

[5]Nov 17, 2008
    • level: 6

I loved the emphasis on James May in this episode - he's my favourite Not sure about May's choice of clothes, I know, I know, that shouldn't change my opinon of the show, but that coat, that waste jacket - oh dear, oh dear.

Another good episode for the Top Gear lads though, I'm looking forward to the engine powered stairlift!!

Edited on 11/17/2008 4:49am

yellowbucket101

[6]Nov 17, 2008
    • level: 6
    I enjoyed this episode, it seemed like a random assortment but it was entertaining. The V8 powered blender was hilarious. Also I have to agree I liked the amount of time they spent on May in this episode, it seems so far this series he is captain surprisingly quick! Another great installment!

Bule1101

[7]Nov 17, 2008
    • level: 10

Good episode. Liked the challenge a lot... I just wished they made it a bit longer. The chair was useless though.... I quite liked Mark, he has endless credit with me for making Entourage...

Where did the Veritas go??

Kh1ndjal

[8]Nov 17, 2008
    • level: 11
    EXACTLY what i love about top gear.
    best episode of this series so far, as always, hoping the series gets even better

MattAllenLFC

[9]Nov 17, 2008
    • level: 62

They didn't have time for the Veritas. That was dropped earlier in the week. I didn't have time to change the synopsis until late this afternoon.

I quite liked this episode; James was good and the Ranault Avantime film was quite good as it didn't go overbaord wit cocking about. I can live without celebs plugging their nonsense, though. Not sure I would fancy a Desperate Shag in a Skip... Funniest bit was watching Jeremy chase James down the track and calling him a b*****d.

twopratt

[10]Nov 22, 2008
    • level: 23
    I thought that the episode was good without being fantastic. I loved the V8 powered blender and james rally driving in Finland. But what was with Mark Wahlberg? He just seemed dis-interested and boring. Like he was forced to be there.

Bule1101

[11]Nov 23, 2008
    • level: 10
    twopratt wrote:
    I thought that the episode was good without being fantastic. I loved the V8 powered blender and james rally driving in Finland. But what was with Mark Wahlberg? He just seemed dis-interested and boring. Like he was forced to be there.

He is usually like that, its how he talks. I thought that he was much better than on Leno or other shows I saw him on...
    And come on: He made Entourage!! HE!!!