Top Gear Forums

Sunday 8:00 PM on BBC TwoBetween Seasons

Series 13 - Episode 2

That was...

MattAllenLFC

[1]Jun 24, 2009
    • level: 62

I'm playing around with the poll questions for this series, but anyone can add the episode threads.

All views on this episode welcome; I'll be particularly keen to read the views of the two people who gave this episode a perfect 10... as early as Wednesday.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MattAllenLFC

[2]Jun 29, 2009
    • level: 62
    Well that was all very silly... and highly entertaining. Sometimes, they just completely ignore the people who whinge about a lack of 'car information' and go entirely for the falling over and catching fire episode. Good. The world's got enough boredom in it and if they can make me laugh out-loud on a Sunday night, then that's fine by me.

Quite why you would want a homosexual GPS is beyond me, but then that's not how my boat floats.

Went for 'really good', as I'm not really sure what I meant by 'classic Top Gear', but glad one or two others knew what I was blethering on about

Felt the film in UAE was too short, or that might just have been Hammond.

Need to see it again, hence the lack of info I've added so far - I'll have that sorted out tomorrow.

qrexranger9

[3]Jun 29, 2009
    • level: 8
    Don't really agree with our 2 nostrodamus'. Not one of the best challenges. The 17yr old roleplay angle wasn't my thing and they didn't do much with the girls. However they did at least show how they're at the cutting edge of you-know-what-ing about and it had its moments. Stephen Fry is a national institution even if a little slow paced and sensible compared to the show he's always good to see regardless, and they can't be accused of not showing impressive cars. still a little slow so far overall this series with some memorable moments but no classics.

Bule1101

[4]Jun 30, 2009
    • level: 10

Well I liked it much more than the first episode. Much more

The first half of the show especially! The first pat of the challenge was very funny with some genuine laughs. The Lambo review was one of the best of last couple of Seasons. I do agree that it goes a little downhill from there with the UAE FAR TOOOOOOO short and the second part of the challenge just silly. I did not like the guest.

I gave it top marks just beacuse I think it was a huge improvement on the first episode. Lets keep em comming!

Kh1ndjal

[5]Jul 3, 2009
    • level: 11
    Loved the UAE bit, it's a nice change of background from the green hills of europe.
    certainly better than the first episode of the series, imo.