Top Gear Forums

Sunday 8:00 PM on BBC TwoBetween Seasons

Series 13 - Episode 6

Was that quite boring?

MattAllenLFC

[1]Jul 26, 2009
    • level: 62
    I found that quite dull. The co-drivers totally unbalanced the whole thing and made what should have been a typically fun Top Gear challenge seem rather flat. Maybe if I watch it again I'll enjoy it, but on first viewing, that was a rather moribund way of spending an hour.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

pokemastercube2

[2]Jul 26, 2009
    • level: 10
    come on James + Girl = some LOL's

ansl more fun on the follow up to another piano + marina situation

sfaberge

[3]Jul 26, 2009
    • level: 21
    I'm a bit unsure about that Z4 test. The dinosaurs were interesting but weren't really used in a way that helped the test at all. They rather got in the way.

The co-drivers could have been funny but they didn't feature as props as they should have done but instead were just shown on screen occasionally.

It definitely wasn't their best cheap car challenge. It started off well with the bidding.

aloonatic

[4]Jul 28, 2009
    • level: 7

I wrote a whole thing on this episode, but somehow the site messed up and lost it, can' be bothered to do it again. 3rd time now, it seems that Google Chrome and TV.com don't mix.

In short, the dinosaur section was pointless, and £26k may be cheap to Jeremy and not that much for a convertible sports car, but £26k was average wage in the UK before the recession struck and everyone took a pay cut. It's really not that cheap really, I don't know what the Scenic and Corolla had to do with the piece. It's the one place that Top Gear falls down, they seem to assume that every household in the UK has a joint income of £100k+.

The news and SitRPC was good. Always better when the star is not hawking their rubbish film/TV show/book/album that can't sell itself on its own merits. If I wanted that sort of thing, I'd watch Jonathan Ross or some other rubbish chat show.

The challenge was good, IMHO. Brian and Richard were great, James with a pretty girl is always amusing and they've realised that whoever they put with Jeremy might as well not speak English as they aren't going to get a word in anyway.

All in all, good stuff, but it does seem they are running short on new ideas. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the last series of Top Gear. They might come back for one off USA/Vietnam style programs in the future, maybe the odd round-up of new cars and what not, but not the 6+ series a couple of times a year that we are used to.

sfaberge

[5]Jul 28, 2009
    • level: 21
    aloonatic wrote:
    I wouldn't be surprised if this is the last series of Top Gear. They might come back for one off USA/Vietnam style programs in the future, maybe the odd round-up of new cars and what not, but not the 6+ series a couple of times a year that we are used to.

I disagree with that part. I would be extremely surprised if it is the last series. I mean really, really shocked. Remember this is the world's biggest "car" program.

pokemastercube2

[6]Jul 29, 2009
    • level: 10
    and it was said a few weeks ago that recording of the film segments has begun for series 14