Top Gear Forums

Sunday 8:00 PM on BBC Two

Sports Relief segments on TGGF

twopratt

[1]Mar 18, 2008
    • level: 23

I have just seen Top Gears take on Ground Force for Sports Relief and enjoyed it very much so I did what I usually do and scour the Internet for other peoples thoughts on the program. What I read absolutely ripped my heart out. It made me angry and upset. What, you may ask was so bad to cause this reaction.

PEOPLE THOUGHT THAT THE TOP GEAR SEGMENTS WERE GOOD BUT THE MONTAGES OF WHY THEY WERE DOING THIS IN THE FIRST PLACE RUINED IT.

The point I am trying to make is that Sports Relief and many other appeals around the world are there to help the less fortunate and people who have been dealt a bad hand. It gives them a purpose and a light at the end of the tunnel to look forward to. From people who have Very severe/Manic depression to M.S to Autism. A lot of families have to deal with the day to day struggles of these conditions and many feel alone with no help. What Sports Relief does is give these people a day to remember and to let them know that they are not forgotten and there is help there.

My point with all this rambling. People who say that they wish that these segments wern't there because there boring or otherwise are just being fools. They need to realise why these programs are on in the first place and that everyone involved are giving their time for free because they know what a great cause it is. These viewers making these remarks need to stop and have a think about what they are talking about and realise also that the whole world isn't perfect and that people need help sometimes.

In other words, grow up and get educated.

What are peoples thoughts?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

dh13579

[2]Mar 19, 2008
    • level: 9
    Apparently all of it was fixed the shed etc.

yellowbucket101

[3]May 23, 2008
    • level: 6
    dh13579 wrote:
    Apparently all of it was fixed the shed etc.
    LOL seriously you must have realised that it was painfully obvious that it was all scripted. Though I have to say it was unbelievably funny and they should do more like this. As for twopratt's comments I totally agree with you, it was sport relief not Top Gear, the whole point was to raise money for charity not just our amusement. Anyone saying the films of people suffering were pointless and boring don't deserve to watch such brilliantly hilarious TV

twopratt

[4]May 25, 2008
    • level: 23
    Thankyou for your support on that issue yellowbucket.