Top Gear Forums

Sunday 8:00 PM on BBC TwoBetween Seasons

Top Gear to be in HD for season 14!

Meredith-Grey

[1]Jun 12, 2009
    • level: 7

I know they did the polar special in full HD a while back, but does anyone know if there are plans to show the series itself in HD?? the bbc has a HD channel and the stuff they show in it gets far less ratings then top gear.

info/thoughts anyone??

Edited on 09/22/2009 12:47pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MattAllenLFC

[2]Jun 12, 2009
    • level: 62

It's not listed as being simultaneously broadcast in HD. You'd think it would be an idea programme for HD, so maybe it's a question of cost.

Edited on 06/12/2009 12:07pm

Meredith-Grey

[3]Jun 12, 2009
    i know, i just got my brand new HDTV set up and none of the best british made shows are in HD (none that are being bradcast atm).
    It would be great, thats what i thought as well, but torchwood is in HD and it gets what a quarter of the viewers top gear does and it has all its special effects and CG stuff in.

MattAllenLFC

[4]Jun 13, 2009
    • level: 62

Completely agree; the BBC doesn't quite get HD, does it? I mean, I quite like Jonathan Ross's chat show - I edit the TV.com guide for it, but even I wonder why a chat show is in HD and something like Top Gear is not. Hustle is in HD, but Ashes to Ashes is not - I don't get it at all. They even do those dreadful Saturday night programmes in HD.

Keep an eye out for the Polar Special on BBC HD if you haven't already seen it; it was on just last week, but it's bound to be repeated sooner rather than later.

Meredith-Grey

[7]Sep 22, 2009
    "It has been confirmed by BBC brass that the next series of Top Gear will be in HD, filming is well underway on Series 14 and if all goes to plan it'll be on your screens by mid-November."

YAY

its only taken them what 4 series since the launch of BBC HD??