Top Gear Forums

Sunday 8:00 PM on BBC TwoBetween Seasons

Vietnam Special

I thought this episode was...

  • Avatar of MattAllenLFC

    MattAllenLFC

    [1]Dec 21, 2008
    • member since: 06/08/05
    • level: 62
    • rank: Species #8472
    • posts: 1,233
    I'm adding this now in case no-one gets the time to do it, what with the whole Christmas hoo-haa and trying to think of new resaons to avoid the family.
    Edited on 12/21/2008 10:23am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of mirador1987

    mirador1987

    [2]Dec 21, 2008
    • member since: 03/02/07
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 1,295
    The tv.com synopsis says eighty days, but the radio times says eight days, which one is correct?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MattAllenLFC

    MattAllenLFC

    [3]Dec 21, 2008
    • member since: 06/08/05
    • level: 62
    • rank: Species #8472
    • posts: 1,233

    The information here is correct: the Vietnam Special will be broadcast on the 28th December at 8pm. I think think the information in the Radio Times (magazine) is incorrect.

    Edit: there is a poll in this thread, but it doesn't seem to be showing. If this is yet another glitch, I'll delete and create another thread (or someone else can).

    Edited on 12/21/2008 1:54pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of qrexranger9

    qrexranger9

    [4]Dec 22, 2008
    • member since: 06/24/06
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 1,179
    I see it fine.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of sfaberge

    sfaberge

    [5]Dec 22, 2008
    • member since: 04/12/07
    • level: 21
    • rank: Snagglepuss
    • posts: 1,666
    MattAllenLFC wrote:

    The information here is correct: the Vietnam Special will be broadcast on the 28th December at 8pm. I think think the information in the Radio Times (magazine) is incorrect.

    Edit: there is a poll in this thread, but it doesn't seem to be showing. If this is yet another glitch, I'll delete and create another thread (or someone else can).



    I think it's 8 days, I checked on the TV Guide. It also seems unlikely that Top Gear would spend 80 days in Vietnam for a special.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MattAllenLFC

    MattAllenLFC

    [6]Dec 22, 2008
    • member since: 06/08/05
    • level: 62
    • rank: Species #8472
    • posts: 1,233
    sfaberge wrote:
    MattAllenLFC wrote:

    The information here is correct: the Vietnam Special will be broadcast on the 28th December at 8pm. I think think the information in the Radio Times (magazine) is incorrect.

    Edit: there is a poll in this thread, but it doesn't seem to be showing. If this is yet another glitch, I'll delete and create another thread (or someone else can).

    I think it's 8 days, I checked on the TV Guide. It also seems unlikely that Top Gear would spend 80 days in Vietnam for a special.

    Ohhh! I see what you are getting at now. I didn't really understand the original query (my fault). I thought it was about broadcast dates (I blame my seasonal brandy indulgence).

    Yes, the synopsis should read 'eight' days and indeed does... now.

    Edited on 12/22/2008 3:14pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of mirador1987

    mirador1987

    [7]Dec 23, 2008
    • member since: 03/02/07
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 1,295
    MattAllenLFC wrote:
    sfaberge wrote:
    MattAllenLFC wrote:

    The information here is correct: the Vietnam Special will be broadcast on the 28th December at 8pm. I think think the information in the Radio Times (magazine) is incorrect.

    Edit: there is a poll in this thread, but it doesn't seem to be showing. If this is yet another glitch, I'll delete and create another thread (or someone else can).

    I think it's 8 days, I checked on the TV Guide. It also seems unlikely that Top Gear would spend 80 days in Vietnam for a special.

    Ohhh! I see what you are getting at now. I didn't really understand the original query (my fault). I thought it was about broadcast dates (I blame my seasonal brandy indulgence).

    Yes, the synopsis should read 'eight' days and indeed does... now.


    Ok, thanks for clearing that up.
    (Geography is not my strong point, in country size, or terrain, so 8 days or 80 days could both be entirely plausible to me)
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Bule1101

    Bule1101

    [8]Dec 27, 2008
    • member since: 07/15/06
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 324

    I dont see the pool

    But now that i have made the last post I see it fine

    Edited on 12/27/2008 10:58am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ltcomstella

    ltcomstella

    [9]Dec 29, 2008
    • member since: 11/30/06
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 782

    I think they cut some things out of this series as the scene showed in the opening episode clearly showed another one of stigs cousins, in a red helmet on a motor bike, which some of us thought was a russian stig now i relised it was the vietnam stig lol but he or she was cut, bbc editors are useless.....

    i hope they show it in the new series

    pretty good ep, i felt sorry for hamster after jc and jm smashed his helmet, painted his bike pink, i know they are a bunch of idiots and perhaps it was the 3 year old producer / directors idea but it made me uncomfortable to watch it, i like RM more than the others he has 'some' sence, also these last few season of tg have gone down a slope of OTT stupidity,

    drving trucks through walls of stuff ??? giving jc a bike challenge when he hasn't riden one ever ??? sure theres more dumb stuff, and why can't JC just be last or get lost for once he always some how managed to win or be first, me thinks he didn't ride that bike that much ( probably got a lift off the camera crew )

    but i would of thought after RM's near fatal rocket car moment the health and saftey ppl would be more care full considering the rubbish they enforce elsewhere....

    still can't deny i enjoy seeing JC getting hurt or shocked in to silence, serves the muppet right.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of gk_terato

    gk_terato

    [10]Jan 5, 2009
    • member since: 12/04/07
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 47
    anyone notice that Clarkson manages to magically smash May's statue when it wasn't tethered to the bike a second before? (the licensing part) More TG manipulation for humor i guess. I wonder how many of their scenes are legit now lol.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MattAllenLFC

    MattAllenLFC

    [11]Jan 6, 2009
    • member since: 06/08/05
    • level: 62
    • rank: Species #8472
    • posts: 1,233
    Deep fried sparrows... so that's why there aren't any in my garden any more!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of RoboAmish

    RoboAmish

    [12]Jan 10, 2009
    • member since: 10/03/06
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 2,218
    MattAllenLFC wrote:
    Deep fried sparrows... so that's why there aren't any in my garden any more!


    am I the omly one that thought the sparrow actually looked quite tasty?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MattAllenLFC

    MattAllenLFC

    [13]Jan 14, 2009
    • member since: 06/08/05
    • level: 62
    • rank: Species #8472
    • posts: 1,233
    No, I quite liked the look of them, too. The snake was worth a go as well. The vodka, on the other hand - pass.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of mermayd

    mermayd

    [14]Jul 21, 2010
    • member since: 07/31/05
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 1,302
    How could anyone say the episode was other than "Excellent". It was even moving at times.

    Go figure.

    Plus Jeremy in snazzy suit. What more could you ask for?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.