Top Gear Forums

Sunday 8:00 PM on BBC TwoBetween Seasons

Why do you watch top gear?

Why do you watch top gear?

gallifrey91

[1]Aug 3, 2008
    • level: 4
    Its going to be interesting finding out why people watch top gear, because I would think most people watch it because its about cars. After all, it is a car programme! But most of my friends watch it because its funny, so I would like to see what most people watch it for.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

vishus1990

[2]Aug 3, 2008
    • level: 15
    i watch it for both humour and cars. but personally, a little mroe for the cars, i have been watching top gear for quite some time now and a few years back they definately didnt focus so much on the humour as they do now and i loved it back then and love it now.

Skerit

[3]Aug 10, 2008
    • level: 5
    At first I watched it for the humor, but thanks to Top Gear I'm kinda getting into cars now

mermayd

[4]Nov 13, 2008
    • level: 19
    I can't drive and know nothing about cars but it is the funniest show on tv. I have to ignore the more technical stuff when they are reviewing the latest engine (yawn) but the challenges are brilliant.

MattAllenLFC

[5]Nov 14, 2008
    • level: 62

Back in the midst of time, when dinosaurs ruled the Earth and Top Gear had cars on it...

I remember those days, but I also like it now. Sometimes, though, the car review seems like a token gesture before they start cocking about. It's as if they put it on first to get it out of the way. A bit more of James would be very welcome, too.

efc91

[6]Nov 17, 2008
    • level: 39
    The Humour is hilarous and the cars are great but combine the two and it makes this show a classic.

qrexranger9

[7]Nov 17, 2008
    • level: 8
    Really hard to tell as there are so many good things about it. it was mainly humour (though that's a little formulaic and forced now (in some places anyway)). although not much of a car person I do try an take genuine interest in that side of things. I went for other because I suppose its down to the presenters. I suppose the messing about and banter can count as 'humour' but the latter not so much. They're just a great trio. I can't really say why they're just a captivating bunch to watch.

twopratt

[8]Nov 22, 2008
    • level: 23
    I watch it for both the humour and the chemistry between all three of the hosts.