Top Gear

Sunday 8:00 PM on BBC Two Premiered Oct 20, 2002 Between Seasons

MattAllenLFC

Top Gear Fan Reviews page 2 of 5

• Wonderful for both car savoy and non car individuals alike...this show is one on the reasons I never change from BBCA.

I honestly know NOTHING about cars, so the fact this is one of my top shows to watch says A LOT! But when watching I feel a bit smarter about cars when with friends, girls mostly, than I really am...and looking at James May for an hour DOES NOT hurt. But seriously, it is a wonderful show and the info they give out is interesting,if nothing else the comedy, looking at cars going about a track. I want to learn stick now! As well I'm developing a liking for cars, fast ones at least. This show has changed my life in so many ways.
  • When will the BBC realise this is there best show?

Ever since Jeremy Clarkson and Andy Wilman decided to bring Top Gear back from the dead this show has got better and better with each series, only now starting to be recognised.

The wit of May, the honesty of Clarkson and the presence now of Hammond. it is true what Top Gear says, you dont have to be a petrol head to enjoy Top Gear. With the great blend of the epic challenges and the classic road test that slogan comes true.

It just seems that with every challenge the boundry gets pushed even further as with Jeremy Clarkson comes controvesy, but that just makes it more watchable.

Now it seems the real challenge now is keeping up with themselves to keep the pace going and keep the show as interesting as it has been, and the fact is in the new series it will be a hard job keeping up with the last series
  • Funny car show

Top Gear Is the best car show it is much better than the boring show fifth gear.
    Top gear has been going for years and has been one of my favourate shows of all time.For any car fans you cant miss this show its styelish fresh and never dissapoints the writers never run out of ideas to throw jeremy, james and richard into something dangerous like race across europe or drive to the north pole.
    some of the features on the show like star in a reasonable priced car are allways good to watch and the cool wall.
    cant wait until next season.
  • A great show that is always fun to watch.

Top Gear somehow manages to be a car show but yet be funny and entertaining to people who aren't interested in cars. Its a mix of the 3 hosts messing around and often doing crazy things, getting involved in wacky challenges where they often end up competing with one another. Its funny, entertaining, and about cars, what more could you possibly ask for? Plus they don't seem to be afraid to mock or make fun of... well anyone. If you haven't seen it, you need to start watching. For those of us in the US, you can usually catch it Monday nights on BBC America.
  • Good

watched this show loads of times, love it, talks about cars that everyone would love one day and some cars which are use full to everyone, i love the tasks they do in the shows tho, which make it more comic and more enjoyable to watch, you got to love the Stig in this as he is pro, dont know who it is but love to find out who he is tho, he has to be a racing driver of some sort, allso love the Top gear as it takes the mick out of things, overall love the show, not seen as many new ones as i would like to tho....
  • how can the other channels continue to make other shows???

mind blowing,fabulous,Original,creative,Funny,full of ideas,intresting....and the list can go longer and longer than any other show.
    simply its 1 of the best things they played on TV ever...i mean its like ok ok ok many of the people who will read this review wont be convinced about the halo im talking about but people...imagine im talkin about a cars show and my intrest in cars is zero....i never cared about any car weve bought or any1 i know owned!!!!!!!!!!!
    so how do u like it now?????ive been in ur shoes dear when i heared Top Gear on TV or a friend recommended it for me i took it for a granted and i was like yeah yeah a cars show but fffffffffff....
    i can talk more and more but without further addo i simply giving uuuuuu my new best friend.. TOP GEAR ull never get bored
  • Brilliant, only started watching in New year.

Makes me happy. You get an adrenaline rush from watching it, and i am a girl (seriously). Fantastic! The humour is quick witted and although it's the same plot, Clarkson, Hamster and May are so quick-witted, therefore it always ends with a different twist! No one knows I watch this and i'm not ashamed to admit it! Hehe, when it came out i though what could be more BoRiNg! all it is is Cars Cars and more cars. but now even i know theres waaaay more to it than that!
    Love u lofty
    lolage X x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

By kirzi97
  • 3 middle aged blokes cocking about abd arguing it's ambitious rubbish and absoloutley fantastic !

this show is petrolhed heaven gets better every series . . clarkson hammond and may funniest blokes ever never get bored of watching them fall over and catch fire bring on the next series. powerrrrrr!
    must be getting hard to think of new ideas though and now there's an australian version whicth i was shocked to hear about but then i wathced and it was'nt bad better than fifth gear and old top gear put together !!!
    i think even though it's been going six or seven years now it will start to get old one day but until it does top gear forever woooooooooooo
  • Top Gear is a car show that showcases the latest cars but also is funny at the same time.

Car lover or not, this show is just plain funny. Top Gear features car reviews, challenges, The Stig, Star In A Responally Priced Car and The Cool Wall . It's three hosts represent 3 different generations. Jeremy Clarkson- the oldest one and represents the baby boomers.

James May- the middle one and represents middle-aged people and

Richard Hammond- the young one (and the small one) represents todays generations.

What makes Top Gear so funny is how it is always Hammond and Clarkson, in the challenges who often end up in trouble whilst James likes to take it easy and is the only who thinks practical not like his fellow co-hosts.
  • One of the most epic shows that have ever come on the air.

Top gear is a car show which combines fantastic entertainment as well as a whole sea of info about the latest and the greatest cars in the world today !

I mean what could be better then watching 3 middle age men falling over a lot. And yes the "pet" racing driver is a big boost to the shows apparel. My personal thinking is that the show started out ALL about cars and a slice of entertainment. The start was the year 2002. The show only had a hand full of people in the studio. As the show got bigger and bigger more and more people started to fill the studio , i say around season 3 would you call it a "packed" audience.

I really like the Top Gear epic races. So far to this day , all from Jeremy racing the first race in the Aston Martin DB9 to the epic but "tedious" diesel race to turn on the Blackpool lights on. (Well sorta Hammond got that one but Jezza in his Jaguar was the true winner). I pick 2 races that i like : " Race across japan in the new R35 GTR , and the Bugatti Race across Europe.

I could talk for weeks about the show but i must break this one up in saying.

Top Gear is the greatest show ........*long pause*............ in the WORLD
  • Top Gear UK is the best show about cars ever made. There's something for everyone, whether you're into cars or not.

Humour is taken to the next level every episode. It's not just a show for petrol heads, it is also an entertaining comedy about 3 guys and cars. There is never a dull moment and the show is very informative about a range of different cars. The competitions between the hosts get crazier every time with them ranging from drag races to parking challenges there is always something for everyone. The special guest segment is always funny and gives us a glimpse into the guests life and their driving skills. Top Gear UK is the best show about cars ever made. There's something for everyone, whether you're into cars or not.
  • Love cars or hate cars, it doesn't matter. Like a good comedy it's the characters that make this show so good. Once you get to know them you can't get enough of the wild ideas, informative content, and most of all, funny road trips.

I guess it can be both good and bad for a show, when people don't agree on what makes it so good. For me it's all good though. Top Gear is loved by both people who love cars and people who couldn't care less, and view cars as something to get them from point A to point B.

Top Gear has everything from car news, car tests, road trips across the continents, crazy english humour to sensible information like a crash test summary. If the content isn't enough to interest you, perhaps the characters will. There's James May, aka. Captain Slow. He usually arrives late, and is the sophisticated of the 3. Then there's Richard Hammond, aka. Hamster, who tries the most outlandish things, like monster trucks, drag cars and so on. And then there's Jeremy Clarkson, my favourite. He's loved and hated in England, but I love him. Great sense of humour, and everyone plays well off eachother, the road trips are my absolute favourites. Be sure to check it out, car-lovers or car-haters.
  • A excellent hour-long show even if you're not a car lover.

Top Gear is a brilliant motor themed show, and while it is very informative and has some interesting car reviews even the least enthusiastic petrol-head can adore the show. It claims the genre of a magazine but I like to think of it as a comedy game show. The boys, Jeremy Clarkson, James May and Richard Hammond, often stage challenges in which the three of them buy budget cars and test to the car's performance and reliability, scoring points to determine the victor. Just seeing them mock each other and get into all kinds of trouble makes a great show in itself.
    Then there's the Star in a Reasonably Priced Car challenge in which celebrities compete to achieve the fastest lap time on the Top Gear test track. Before the lap is shown Jeremy interviews the partaking star which is quite interesting.
    I thoroughly enjoyed the special episodes. The boys went on trips in budget cars in Botswana and America, and then there's the Polar Challenge where they set a record for being the first people to get to the north pole in a car.
    Top Gear is by far the best motoring magazine out there and will probably continue to be for many years. I highly recommend watching it whether you like cars or not.
  • lovin the new series of top gear already!!

Well on sunday we all saw top gear come back to our screens whith a new character the stuntman and seeig the boys doing there usual stuff.

gotta tank richard for going with the barbie truck as a police car as this made superb tv. Clarckson being his usual creative self and adding wepons to his car and james may going with the original police car style look :D

All this and with a brilliant montarge of whats to come over the following week i personally cant wait for them to be back with the next episdoe :D Just brillant :D
  • A show in which 3 presenters (Richard,Jeremy and James) review and compete with cars.They test the latest most talked about cars and have competitions in a number of races involving cheap cars etc.to see which is best.

I personally love cars which is probably why I enjoy this show so much but I really think this show is open to all viewers because of it's original humour,witty presenters and overall brilliant entertainment.I find this is much more than a review show and provides you a detailed look at how the hype and actual driving and control of the cars differ.I love the challenges because they give them an unusal goal to achieve eg;cheapest car they can find and see how their different choices compete with each other.I like the way there's a celebrity guest sometimes on the show because it makes it more interesting and although the presenters are incredibly entertaining it provides some offbeat comedy and a chance to see a talk-show atmosphere to the show.I find the most attention-grabbing aspect of this show the presenters who are always brilliantly funny and competitive against each other in the challenges which as we all know is entertainment at it's best.
  • TOP GEAR is a high octane mix of performance cars, adrenalin, comedy and celebrities. It is the BBC's hugely popular motoring magazine that test drives and brutally appraises the world's most popular cars with startling honesty

Top Gear the name itself makes it give some sort of appeal if you are a car fan.This show not only describes about cars but also makes you laugh on the hosts jokes on the news or track.Top also has a magazine which is the most popular one in motoring industry.On this show cars are driven not only brutally but they are described and presented in a very honest and truthful manner.you also have some have guest on this show which come and drive around top gears own personal test track and the best thing is power laps are done by just one person "some say when he brakes, brake lights come on from his buttocks and that his scrotum has its own gravity feel" all we know is he's the STIG.at the end only thing i can say is you should watch it, even if you are not a car fan still you will be entertained.
  • Its simply the best car related show out there. It definately sets a clear benchmark for any of the "copycats".

Top Gear is the best car show out there no doubt, but the most important part is that it appeals to a much wider audience than just the car enthusiast out there. Especially lately they have the right combination of car reviews and also challenges which would be aimed at the non-car entusiasts out there, whereas in older seasons they aimed for the true car crazy people out there.

The presenters are the most important part to this show, they create the brilliant atmosphere and exciting challenges and not to forget the laugh out loud humour. The three of them, Jeremy, James and Richard share a great bond with each other, mostly through ridiculing one another, but this is what keeps viewers coming back each week for the new episode.

All in all, Top Gear is a great show for that lazy Sunday night.
  • This is a show about cars with a twist!!!!!!

The main part of the show is reviewing cars from the ones non off can afford and only dream of ever owning to the cars which we can afford. they review the cars and give there oppinion and advice. from the name you would think it just involved the test driving of cars but its not!!! they as in the co hosts are sooooo funny and brillant charactors who are also friends and take the hand out of eachother!!! the guys set each other tasks which are so unbeliveable and stupid you laugh from begining to end!!! like the time the crossed the english channel in carboats which the designed from old bangers!! r wen they were in South Afracia. then theres the star of the show stig an unbeliveable driver who dosent speak n wears jst his jumpsuit n helmet so no one knows what he looks like but is one hell of a driver!!!!!! hes the one who takes the super cars out on the track and tests the **** out of them!!!!!! the even have celebrites who try out reasonably priced cars to get the fastest time and theres the cool wall with jermay and hammond figting over wat goes were!!!!!!!! this is a must see programme even if you dont knw that much about cars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • This is by a very long way the best motoring programme to grace our screens

Top Gear is a BAFTA, Multi-NTA and Emmy Award-winning BBC television series about motor vehicles, mainly cars. It began in 1977 as a conventional motoring magazine show. Over time, and especially since a re-launch in 2002, it has developed a quirky, humorous style. The programme is estimated to have 350 million viewers worldwide and 8 million viewers each week in the UK on BBC Two. The show is presented by Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond, James May and The Stig, an anonymous test driver. Interestingly it is one of the most pirated television shows in the world, this just goes to show how popular it is. The brilliant camaraderie between Clarkson, Hammond and May is second to none and is a breather of fresh air to our screens. Especially considering it is on the increasingly pc BBC. It is a totally un-politically correct show in a world of ever increasing pc, truly a masterpiece
  • Some genius Top Gear moments!

I love Top Gear and today discovered that BBC Worldwide have got a really cool Myspace page that has got clips from loads of their shows all the Attenborough stuff etc they have a whole top gear sections which is just brilliant.

Short but defiantly punchy clips of the best moments are hilarious

There has been loads of talk about if there is too much larking about and not enough serious car talk but I think Top Gear is great the way it is, looking back at these clips i love it when they jump the old volvo over a whole row of caravans....classic actually there are loads of great clips- which is your fav???

www.myspace.com/bbcworldwide incase you want to check them out!
  • Even if you don't like cars, it's worth watching just for the laughs!!

I absolutely love Top Gear, especially the challenges and the episodes where they go to America and Africa. With three of the funniest men in the driving seat, you can't help but watch the show as they test drive some of the most inventive, fastest cars in production. With every episode comes a new appreciation of motors, and a hatred for caravans!!

Top Gear is so original, and has become a lot more popular in the recent years as both sexes are tuning in. Although sometimes I have to wonder if some of the stunts are pre-planned, it doesn't matter because it is still great television.

Top Gear is a legendary show with legendary hosts, all of whom could be British Prime Minister :D
  • Top Gear, in the past few years has become more than a car show for petrolheads and fanatics. The popularity of the presenters has skyrocketed. It provides more than just car reviews, it is funny and entertaining and a huge boost for BBC2.

In 2002 when Top Gear was launched, car-related shows and magazines were deemed suitable for only petrol heads and car bore's. But since then, Top Gear has made cars, petrol and power more appealing to audiences everywhere. When you think that it has just branched out globally, you realise where it came from. Previous presenters and formats made car enthusiasts happy, but never really cut the mustard when it came to ordinary people with no devout interest in cars. Since 2002 however, with the increasing popularity of Richard Hammond and James May, Top gear has become the most popular programme on BBC2 with plenty of awards to its name. Features such as the 'Cool Wall', 'Power Laps' and 'Star in a reasonably priced car' have made Top Gear more interesting and lively compared to it's main rival; channel five's Fifth Gear. Richard Hammonds crash in 2006 made people everywhere recognise just how brave and talented this presenter really was. His return to the show in January 2007 pushed viewing figures through the roof, attracting more viewers than Big Brother on its final eviction night. James May has recently become more popular amongst female audiences and is no longer referred to as 'the other bloke' off Top Gear. There is however, a slight problem. Critism suggests that the show has become more about entertainment rather than about cars. Jeremy Clarkson's rather vague and arrogant car reviewing style is unpopular. No clear recommendations or reviews are given on the show anymore. Having watched Fifth Gear, i can say that the channel five show is a lot more car orientated and consumer aimed than its BBC rival. Top Gear as a show, however, remains to be one of the best and most interesting that the BBC has to offer.
  • More than just a car show, Top Gear is essential viewing. Not just for petrol heads, it also has a huge following amongst people with little or no interest in cars. This is due to the show's irreverent approach to motoring and its humour

I love this show. There is no other way of putting it and no use denying it. The chemistry that all the presents have is so magnetic that it makes you feel like they are some of your best friends. And I will tell you something else. Its not an act either. They are also very good friends of camera as well. This is made clear in Richard Hammonds Biography.

There are many detractors that say that they don't review enough affordable priced cars and that they are generally a bad influence to the motoring public. People may say these things but I just respond by reminding them that they must be watching an episode of COPS and not Top Gear.

All I see are three blokes mucking around having a good time like any of us would when all our mates get together. The exception being that we probably won't be hooning around in a Zonda.

But at its essence, its a program that just makes us forget all our worries for an hour and smile in the fact that Top Gear is not a dream but a wonderful reality.

10/10
  • Great Car Show

Top Gear is a show from the UK about cars, they review cars and toy around with them. It has to be one of the most entertaining car shows on tv. Fifth Gear trys to replicate what Top Gear does, but does not come close. If anyone is looking for a good car show to watch this has to be top on your list. They do real reviews and they are very funny too.
    They review some every day vehicles which is good to see what cars are good to buy, but most of the show is high end cars, which is amazing to watch.
  • Well it's pretty much about cars new cars fast cars and testing old cars

This show is hilarious I love the three of them. Their one of the greatest trios I've ever seen in TV. I love their British accent and their humor. I also like cars and everything about them. What I think is that they should tune cars also not only present them. That's why I didn't gave them a perfect ten. What I love are the challenges my personal favorite was the one where they had to buy an Italian super car with only 15000 euro. I also have the suspicion that Hamond is the Sting. Concluding Top Gear is a great show that I recomand to everyone.
  • Top Gear, more than just a car show.

Top Gear is one of these programs that anyone of any age would enjoy, even if they aren't to interested in cars. Over recent series' it has become more of an entertainment show which provides plenty of laughs while still giving information on cars.

The three presenters, James May, Jeremy Clarkson and Richard Hammond all have a wide range of knowledge on cars but all their personalities combined makes up a very funny atmosphere that makes the viewer feel almost as if they are involved with it. Besides testing cars, abusing the bad in a funny way and showing great appreciation to the good their main area of comical moments is their challenges and events. Challenges such as buying a £1000 Super car, doors fall of when driving and all sorts of funny disastrous things that make the challenges an enjoyable watch.

Overall this show is something that hooks you in, you wont want to miss an episode. This is a show well worth a watch and grabs people from ages of 7 to 77. Fantastic TV show.
  • this is the best

Top gear is my favourite tv program and i really enjoy watching it every sunday. Hammond is the best presenter and may is the worst(even though nothing on top gear is bad). this is a show were anything is possible from flying cars to cars that just wont go. Any one who thinks this show is a comjplete waste of time i have a complete mouthful for you: you complete f******* *##$%^%&^*$*&*&*& absolute W@*k**S. appologies for any offence but this tv show is too good to be bad mouthed i mean its funny they break rules speak what every one else is scared to do what i am trying to say is........this is 1 of the best things in tv history
  • Such a great show-classic English Tv at it's best.

Top Gear really cheers me up on a boring Sunday night. I haven't a clue about cars(seriously), yet it still keeps me watching for the weird and wonderful ideas which seem to spring out of know where on each episode. Glad to see that Jeremy Clarkson has being appreciated for his hard work in television for as long as he's been around. It would be real good to see the same done for the other two-especially Richard Hammond who had presented many great shows as well. This show is such a great example of British T.v at it's best.
  • It Great car Show Programme

I Always watch it on bbc2 and its great they have the best cars in the world like ferrari and lambocini and maserati and koindinsegg and buggati the fasest car in the world and they do big races around the world and do lap of the fast cars and its great i always buy the months magazine because its great and the presenters jeremy clarkson and richard hammond (hamster) and james may are ledgends they are funny and they know which cars are good and which ones are just rubbish and its the best car programme in the world topgear its great.
  • Just Wow

One of my personal favorites show! Not only because it's orginal and interesting, it's also because I love cars, and with this show I learned a hell of a new things about them. The presenters, or hosts whatever, are incredibely, one of my favorites, you can see that they have a great passion for cars, and that they are doing their job with lots of pleasure. Particulary, I like Hammond, I know him from Brainiac, his a hell of a guy and a very brave one. And, not to forget, the dearest, James: a very funny man and talented too.. Top Gear brought the whole ''show about car'' thing at a totally different and new level. And that's why it has so much succes. It combines everything, from races to facts, and to things you didn't knew about cars.
    Plus, you get to see the most beautifully cars in the world.
1 2 3 4 5