Top Gear

Sunday 8:00 PM on BBC Two Premiered Oct 20, 2002 Between Seasons

MattAllenLFC

Top Gear Fan Reviews (122)

• Quality over quantity

I love the show and wished there were more episodes, but then the quality would go down because they'd need fillers to stretch out the season. Look at US top gear, they have like 8-10 eps and that makes it worse because they have to get material to fill the season. Finally these guys aren't young anymore. I'd rather they take their time with fewer eps if it means they stay on longer. They make the show what it is and it won't be top gear if anyone of them are replaced.
  • No other show like this! Greatest show ever.

Can't wait to watch the next season now. The last two episodes (Africa special) were just like a few seasons back when the boys were really being boys.
  • Greatest Car Show Ever!

Jeremy Clarkson,James May and Richard Hammond showed great chemistry with each other. I do not even watch the American version because of these three guys.
  • Why don't they do more shows like this one?

Why don't they do more shows like this one? This is how all shows about cars should be!!! They push each car to the limit and do things to it that we wouldn't even dream about.
    The challenges are absolutely amazing, they make you laugh, make you wish you could be there with them.
    Of course, we will most likely never get the opportunity to drive those wonderful cars they do in the show, but they're a heck of a lot of fun to watch. I would recommend this show to absolutely everyone who loves cars, or even has a slightly remote interest in them!!!
  • great show

Great show about 3 car guys cocking about with cars, and having fun. Racing, testing, and burning rubber off all the cars they come in contact with. Powerrr!!! is what im talking about and its a great show 3 thumbs up. Watch them hack to roof off a minivan, strech a compact 25 ft long, and make road building a race agenst the time. Also you will see the best and fastest cars all the way to the slow and/or cheap cars. One of the best show about cars that can has graced TV. when ever you see a show your going to feel like you pissed youself.
  • Unique.

Do not a miss the opportunity to watch the best show of its kind. Just watch it. Even if you hate cars, It doesn't matter. You will have a hard time finding a more entertaining show. Enough said.

_ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ _
  • The best car show ever produced!

Top Gear, a great show that is on since 2001/2002, for 16 seasons now is one of the greatest shows the UK ever produced, in my eyes.

Simply because first: I really love cars and at specially fast and expensive ones.

Then there is the way how they present it, it's just awesome, funny and always informational, even if they bring it on a very strange way.

Also, with the specials, you kinda see places you never see a film crew before, so, you get to see new places, which is awesome:) Certainly Bolivia was my favorite till now, awesome sunset! Also, the road in Bulgaria, was really awesome to see.

Since the beginning, at least, since it aired in the Netherlands, I am watching it, with all the pleasure there is, even the episodes that I've already watched 20 times, still see me watching, just because, it's fun! And sometimes I even miss 1 once in a lifetime movie for it, just so I can watch this show.

Then there are the actors, Jeremy made a simply awesome documentary, Richard followings him and made an even better one. May is the only one I still not yet have seen:O But that is OK.

My favorite though is the Stig. Last week he drove like he was the best rally driver ever and that was just AMAZING.

So, with this dramatic English I gonna end!

AWESOME SHOW!
  • And I don't even like cars..

but I do love this show!! Late one saturday night I returned home from work.. on the tv was this show with three guys making amphibious cars to sail up some river.. ever since then I've been hooked!
    There is something about Jezza, James and Hammond that has me in stitches every show. Whether they be reviewing some car, just talking, or diving round the country side. This show is a classic!
  • A Hilarious and informative English car show. I love it!

Top Gear is a long running series about cars that has been copied by many nations. I have seen all the versions and I must say that the UK series is the best! Hosts Jeremy Clarkson, James May and Richard Hammond (accompanied recently by 'top gear dog') take part in road tests, challenges and international trips to provide top notch entertainment, (in my eyes anyway). With Celebrity guests, and prices and features of various cars; useful for buyers, appeals to a wide demographic. I love the hosts sense of humor in making the show, as not to make it a boring car documentary. Thanks 4 listening, Sarz.
  • You'll either Love it or you'll hate it... I love it

This is one of the most original and humourous car shows on TV to date. One its great strengths or weaknesses depending on your point of view is that it doesn't hold back, it is what it is and does it with a vengeance. So if you love it, you'll really love it, otherwise you'll hate it.

Anchored (technically) by Jeremy Clarkson, and admirally supported by Richard Hammond and James May, the show does indeed review cars (or at least some of it does). Most of the show is taken up with Challenges, sometimes serious, sometimes just humourous and sometimes completely outragious where the presenters compete for the prize of bing the winner. However its the way which it presented which makes it so good. The presenters never take themselves nor what they doing really seriously, which then makes it fun to watch whether you are a petrol head or not. I didn't know one end of an engine from another when I started watching but I couldn't stop watching this show... whilst its rival 5th Gear still gets turned off from boredom. It is true that they never review cars you'll be able to afford, but why would they. Whats the point of comparing a Renault Megane and a Vauxhall Astra. The information is all on the internet and you can test drive them. The point is they are every day cars, you see them on the streets, you can ask your mate down the pub. A show on TV is about seeing what you'll never own or likely get a chance to drive, but would love to (from a Petrol Heads point of View) and from the other side its the humour not the cars anyway.

Top Gear is a show with a difference, and as long as you have a sense of humour, and don't take everything too seriously you'll probably love it... That is as long as you don't let Clarkson get to you by taking him seriously.
  • Probably the best TV show I've seen in a decade. Funny, interesting and sometimes informative, Top Gear is and excellent combination. All three hosts have good chemistry and are fun to watch. Original, witty and rarely will you be let down.

The Kind of Show You'll Tell Your Friends About. I know I've told everyone I know. Even if you're not into cars, you'll find Top Gear Funny and interesting. I have yet to watch a show that I didn't enjoy. Then there's The Stig. Feeling down? This is the show to watch. World's fastest car vs. a Typhoon Jet Fighter. Japanese Exoticar vs. a Bullet Train. Crossing the English Channel to France in jury-rigged cars. Driving through the deep South (of the US) and well, watch it and you'll see. It's one of the most posted shows on YouTube and has spawned knock-offs in Australia and Canada.
  • When will the BBC realise this is there best show?

Ever since Jeremy Clarkson and Andy Wilman decided to bring Top Gear back from the dead this show has got better and better with each series, only now starting to be recognised.

The wit of May, the honesty of Clarkson and the presence now of Hammond. it is true what Top Gear says, you dont have to be a petrol head to enjoy Top Gear. With the great blend of the epic challenges and the classic road test that slogan comes true.

It just seems that with every challenge the boundry gets pushed even further as with Jeremy Clarkson comes controvesy, but that just makes it more watchable.

Now it seems the real challenge now is keeping up with themselves to keep the pace going and keep the show as interesting as it has been, and the fact is in the new series it will be a hard job keeping up with the last series
  • A great show that is always fun to watch.

Top Gear somehow manages to be a car show but yet be funny and entertaining to people who aren't interested in cars. Its a mix of the 3 hosts messing around and often doing crazy things, getting involved in wacky challenges where they often end up competing with one another. Its funny, entertaining, and about cars, what more could you possibly ask for? Plus they don't seem to be afraid to mock or make fun of... well anyone. If you haven't seen it, you need to start watching. For those of us in the US, you can usually catch it Monday nights on BBC America.
  • how can the other channels continue to make other shows???

mind blowing,fabulous,Original,creative,Funny,full of ideas,intresting....and the list can go longer and longer than any other show.
    simply its 1 of the best things they played on TV ever...i mean its like ok ok ok many of the people who will read this review wont be convinced about the halo im talking about but people...imagine im talkin about a cars show and my intrest in cars is zero....i never cared about any car weve bought or any1 i know owned!!!!!!!!!!!
    so how do u like it now?????ive been in ur shoes dear when i heared Top Gear on TV or a friend recommended it for me i took it for a granted and i was like yeah yeah a cars show but fffffffffff....
    i can talk more and more but without further addo i simply giving uuuuuu my new best friend.. TOP GEAR ull never get bored
  • Brilliant, only started watching in New year.

Makes me happy. You get an adrenaline rush from watching it, and i am a girl (seriously). Fantastic! The humour is quick witted and although it's the same plot, Clarkson, Hamster and May are so quick-witted, therefore it always ends with a different twist! No one knows I watch this and i'm not ashamed to admit it! Hehe, when it came out i though what could be more BoRiNg! all it is is Cars Cars and more cars. but now even i know theres waaaay more to it than that!
    Love u lofty
    lolage X x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

By kirzi97
  • 3 middle aged blokes cocking about abd arguing it's ambitious rubbish and absoloutley fantastic !

this show is petrolhed heaven gets better every series . . clarkson hammond and may funniest blokes ever never get bored of watching them fall over and catch fire bring on the next series. powerrrrrr!
    must be getting hard to think of new ideas though and now there's an australian version whicth i was shocked to hear about but then i wathced and it was'nt bad better than fifth gear and old top gear put together !!!
    i think even though it's been going six or seven years now it will start to get old one day but until it does top gear forever woooooooooooo
  • One of the most epic shows that have ever come on the air.

Top gear is a car show which combines fantastic entertainment as well as a whole sea of info about the latest and the greatest cars in the world today !

I mean what could be better then watching 3 middle age men falling over a lot. And yes the "pet" racing driver is a big boost to the shows apparel. My personal thinking is that the show started out ALL about cars and a slice of entertainment. The start was the year 2002. The show only had a hand full of people in the studio. As the show got bigger and bigger more and more people started to fill the studio , i say around season 3 would you call it a "packed" audience.

I really like the Top Gear epic races. So far to this day , all from Jeremy racing the first race in the Aston Martin DB9 to the epic but "tedious" diesel race to turn on the Blackpool lights on. (Well sorta Hammond got that one but Jezza in his Jaguar was the true winner). I pick 2 races that i like : " Race across japan in the new R35 GTR , and the Bugatti Race across Europe.

I could talk for weeks about the show but i must break this one up in saying.

Top Gear is the greatest show ........*long pause*............ in the WORLD
  • Top Gear UK is the best show about cars ever made. There's something for everyone, whether you're into cars or not.

Humour is taken to the next level every episode. It's not just a show for petrol heads, it is also an entertaining comedy about 3 guys and cars. There is never a dull moment and the show is very informative about a range of different cars. The competitions between the hosts get crazier every time with them ranging from drag races to parking challenges there is always something for everyone. The special guest segment is always funny and gives us a glimpse into the guests life and their driving skills. Top Gear UK is the best show about cars ever made. There's something for everyone, whether you're into cars or not.
  • Love cars or hate cars, it doesn't matter. Like a good comedy it's the characters that make this show so good. Once you get to know them you can't get enough of the wild ideas, informative content, and most of all, funny road trips.

I guess it can be both good and bad for a show, when people don't agree on what makes it so good. For me it's all good though. Top Gear is loved by both people who love cars and people who couldn't care less, and view cars as something to get them from point A to point B.

Top Gear has everything from car news, car tests, road trips across the continents, crazy english humour to sensible information like a crash test summary. If the content isn't enough to interest you, perhaps the characters will. There's James May, aka. Captain Slow. He usually arrives late, and is the sophisticated of the 3. Then there's Richard Hammond, aka. Hamster, who tries the most outlandish things, like monster trucks, drag cars and so on. And then there's Jeremy Clarkson, my favourite. He's loved and hated in England, but I love him. Great sense of humour, and everyone plays well off eachother, the road trips are my absolute favourites. Be sure to check it out, car-lovers or car-haters.
  • lovin the new series of top gear already!!

Well on sunday we all saw top gear come back to our screens whith a new character the stuntman and seeig the boys doing there usual stuff.

gotta tank richard for going with the barbie truck as a police car as this made superb tv. Clarckson being his usual creative self and adding wepons to his car and james may going with the original police car style look :D

All this and with a brilliant montarge of whats to come over the following week i personally cant wait for them to be back with the next episdoe :D Just brillant :D
  • TOP GEAR is a high octane mix of performance cars, adrenalin, comedy and celebrities. It is the BBC's hugely popular motoring magazine that test drives and brutally appraises the world's most popular cars with startling honesty

Top Gear the name itself makes it give some sort of appeal if you are a car fan.This show not only describes about cars but also makes you laugh on the hosts jokes on the news or track.Top also has a magazine which is the most popular one in motoring industry.On this show cars are driven not only brutally but they are described and presented in a very honest and truthful manner.you also have some have guest on this show which come and drive around top gears own personal test track and the best thing is power laps are done by just one person "some say when he brakes, brake lights come on from his buttocks and that his scrotum has its own gravity feel" all we know is he's the STIG.at the end only thing i can say is you should watch it, even if you are not a car fan still you will be entertained.
  • Its simply the best car related show out there. It definately sets a clear benchmark for any of the "copycats".

Top Gear is the best car show out there no doubt, but the most important part is that it appeals to a much wider audience than just the car enthusiast out there. Especially lately they have the right combination of car reviews and also challenges which would be aimed at the non-car entusiasts out there, whereas in older seasons they aimed for the true car crazy people out there.

The presenters are the most important part to this show, they create the brilliant atmosphere and exciting challenges and not to forget the laugh out loud humour. The three of them, Jeremy, James and Richard share a great bond with each other, mostly through ridiculing one another, but this is what keeps viewers coming back each week for the new episode.

All in all, Top Gear is a great show for that lazy Sunday night.
  • This is by a very long way the best motoring programme to grace our screens

Top Gear is a BAFTA, Multi-NTA and Emmy Award-winning BBC television series about motor vehicles, mainly cars. It began in 1977 as a conventional motoring magazine show. Over time, and especially since a re-launch in 2002, it has developed a quirky, humorous style. The programme is estimated to have 350 million viewers worldwide and 8 million viewers each week in the UK on BBC Two. The show is presented by Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond, James May and The Stig, an anonymous test driver. Interestingly it is one of the most pirated television shows in the world, this just goes to show how popular it is. The brilliant camaraderie between Clarkson, Hammond and May is second to none and is a breather of fresh air to our screens. Especially considering it is on the increasingly pc BBC. It is a totally un-politically correct show in a world of ever increasing pc, truly a masterpiece
  • Even if you don't like cars, it's worth watching just for the laughs!!

I absolutely love Top Gear, especially the challenges and the episodes where they go to America and Africa. With three of the funniest men in the driving seat, you can't help but watch the show as they test drive some of the most inventive, fastest cars in production. With every episode comes a new appreciation of motors, and a hatred for caravans!!

Top Gear is so original, and has become a lot more popular in the recent years as both sexes are tuning in. Although sometimes I have to wonder if some of the stunts are pre-planned, it doesn't matter because it is still great television.

Top Gear is a legendary show with legendary hosts, all of whom could be British Prime Minister :D
  • More than just a car show, Top Gear is essential viewing. Not just for petrol heads, it also has a huge following amongst people with little or no interest in cars. This is due to the show's irreverent approach to motoring and its humour

I love this show. There is no other way of putting it and no use denying it. The chemistry that all the presents have is so magnetic that it makes you feel like they are some of your best friends. And I will tell you something else. Its not an act either. They are also very good friends of camera as well. This is made clear in Richard Hammonds Biography.

There are many detractors that say that they don't review enough affordable priced cars and that they are generally a bad influence to the motoring public. People may say these things but I just respond by reminding them that they must be watching an episode of COPS and not Top Gear.

All I see are three blokes mucking around having a good time like any of us would when all our mates get together. The exception being that we probably won't be hooning around in a Zonda.

But at its essence, its a program that just makes us forget all our worries for an hour and smile in the fact that Top Gear is not a dream but a wonderful reality.

10/10
  • Top Gear, more than just a car show.

Top Gear is one of these programs that anyone of any age would enjoy, even if they aren't to interested in cars. Over recent series' it has become more of an entertainment show which provides plenty of laughs while still giving information on cars.

The three presenters, James May, Jeremy Clarkson and Richard Hammond all have a wide range of knowledge on cars but all their personalities combined makes up a very funny atmosphere that makes the viewer feel almost as if they are involved with it. Besides testing cars, abusing the bad in a funny way and showing great appreciation to the good their main area of comical moments is their challenges and events. Challenges such as buying a £1000 Super car, doors fall of when driving and all sorts of funny disastrous things that make the challenges an enjoyable watch.

Overall this show is something that hooks you in, you wont want to miss an episode. This is a show well worth a watch and grabs people from ages of 7 to 77. Fantastic TV show.
  • this is the best

Top gear is my favourite tv program and i really enjoy watching it every sunday. Hammond is the best presenter and may is the worst(even though nothing on top gear is bad). this is a show were anything is possible from flying cars to cars that just wont go. Any one who thinks this show is a comjplete waste of time i have a complete mouthful for you: you complete f******* *##$%^%&^*$*&*&*& absolute W@*k**S. appologies for any offence but this tv show is too good to be bad mouthed i mean its funny they break rules speak what every one else is scared to do what i am trying to say is........this is 1 of the best things in tv history
  • Such a great show-classic English Tv at it's best.

Top Gear really cheers me up on a boring Sunday night. I haven't a clue about cars(seriously), yet it still keeps me watching for the weird and wonderful ideas which seem to spring out of know where on each episode. Glad to see that Jeremy Clarkson has being appreciated for his hard work in television for as long as he's been around. It would be real good to see the same done for the other two-especially Richard Hammond who had presented many great shows as well. This show is such a great example of British T.v at it's best.
  • It Great car Show Programme

I Always watch it on bbc2 and its great they have the best cars in the world like ferrari and lambocini and maserati and koindinsegg and buggati the fasest car in the world and they do big races around the world and do lap of the fast cars and its great i always buy the months magazine because its great and the presenters jeremy clarkson and richard hammond (hamster) and james may are ledgends they are funny and they know which cars are good and which ones are just rubbish and its the best car programme in the world topgear its great.
  • Just Wow

One of my personal favorites show! Not only because it's orginal and interesting, it's also because I love cars, and with this show I learned a hell of a new things about them. The presenters, or hosts whatever, are incredibely, one of my favorites, you can see that they have a great passion for cars, and that they are doing their job with lots of pleasure. Particulary, I like Hammond, I know him from Brainiac, his a hell of a guy and a very brave one. And, not to forget, the dearest, James: a very funny man and talented too.. Top Gear brought the whole ''show about car'' thing at a totally different and new level. And that's why it has so much succes. It combines everything, from races to facts, and to things you didn't knew about cars.
    Plus, you get to see the most beautifully cars in the world.
< 1 2 3 4 5