Top Gear

Sunday 8:00 PM on BBC Two Premiered Oct 20, 2002 Returning December 27th, 2014

MattAllenLFC

Top Gear Fan Reviews (123)

• MORE SPECIALS LIKE BURMA !

You're all awesome.
  • Changed my favourite show to 'Fifth Gear' on turbo

I loved the 'Top Gear' when the show started, it showed good reviews about cars. But nowadays its Reviews about the guys driving it and too the same old guys. Nothing about the car. No testing. No speeding. No mpg. Nothing about the interior. No nothing, a lot of clever video editing. I dont want to read the 'Top Gear' mag. I hate looking at Photos and read about it. Please do a good Tv episode with car reviews. Till then I hate Top Gear Shows. Watch Fifth Gear on Dis Turbo.
  • Getting a bit Gert and Daisy, eh?

You mean to tell me that we get only six episodes this time?? The nerve... Come on Jezza, we know you guys are old geezers nowadays, but you could do better than 6... We need to see more... scratch that, we demand to see more!

Please.
  • Quality over quantity

I love the show and wished there were more episodes, but then the quality would go down because they'd need fillers to stretch out the season. Look at US top gear, they have like 8-10 eps and that makes it worse because they have to get material to fill the season. Finally these guys aren't young anymore. I'd rather they take their time with fewer eps if it means they stay on longer. They make the show what it is and it won't be top gear if anyone of them are replaced.
  • That's it?

Only six episodes and the season is over? Where are the special exotic journeys and the races with Jeremy in car vs. May and Hammond in whatever? Just watching the guys test supercars and wrecking mobile homes is ok fun, and the hoover car episode was ok, but we expect more now. We should be entitled to at least one epic journey episode or two per season!
  • Season with 6 episodes??!!

Top Gear is getting Lazy! A season with only 6 episodes? Is there really nothing happening in the Car world... or are they trying to let the show slowly die?
  • No other show like this! Greatest show ever.

Can't wait to watch the next season now. The last two episodes (Africa special) were just like a few seasons back when the boys were really being boys.
  • Greatest Car Show Ever!

Jeremy Clarkson,James May and Richard Hammond showed great chemistry with each other. I do not even watch the American version because of these three guys.
  • Cannot be reproduced

There have been many recreations of Top Gear and of the ones Ive seen, nothing even comes close to the original. I don't know why anyone even bothers. One of the main things going for this show is the chemistry among the three presenters and their attempts at these challenges. Without their wit, humor, and familiarity with each other, there's really no point in making a replica.
  • Why don't they do more shows like this one?

Why don't they do more shows like this one? This is how all shows about cars should be!!! They push each car to the limit and do things to it that we wouldn't even dream about.
    The challenges are absolutely amazing, they make you laugh, make you wish you could be there with them.
    Of course, we will most likely never get the opportunity to drive those wonderful cars they do in the show, but they're a heck of a lot of fun to watch. I would recommend this show to absolutely everyone who loves cars, or even has a slightly remote interest in them!!!
  • great show

Great show about 3 car guys cocking about with cars, and having fun. Racing, testing, and burning rubber off all the cars they come in contact with. Powerrr!!! is what im talking about and its a great show 3 thumbs up. Watch them hack to roof off a minivan, strech a compact 25 ft long, and make road building a race agenst the time. Also you will see the best and fastest cars all the way to the slow and/or cheap cars. One of the best show about cars that can has graced TV. when ever you see a show your going to feel like you pissed youself.
  • funny as

fcuk. I love the banter, the way the cars are reviewed and the challenges they have. Would like to see stars that iv heard of sometmes, but i can cope with that. Tho, if they are reading this i would love to see Anthony Keidis on there. Jezza n James make me laugh so much - especially when they argue. And more than anything I would love to be an average Jo Bloggs in anaveragelypriced car round that track

• Boring

0.6
    Top Gear is the most mind numbing programme ever to apperar on television. I can't see why anyone wwants to see three middle aged men drive cars around. What is the point of some of the things they do for example the stupidity of trying to drop caravans on a target, then to make it worse BBC allow it to be aired for a complete hour!
  • very enjoyable

7.4
    this show is basically and always will be a classic. wat more can u ask for in a program than fast cars,gr8 presentors and cool guests. if u like cars,presentors and guests this is the program to watch. im happy to hear that they put it back on bbc again.
  • Unique.

Do not a miss the opportunity to watch the best show of its kind. Just watch it. Even if you hate cars, It doesn't matter. You will have a hard time finding a more entertaining show. Enough said.

_ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ _
  • I just don't get what all the buzz is about.

4.1
    Okay, I understand that this series has a huge following outside of the USA and because of that I tried to watch it, while it was on its brief time while it was on the Discovery Channel in the US, to see what it was all about. I have to said is that I wasn't to impressed by what I saw here. So I just don't understand what all of the buzz is about and I don't think it has to be the fact that I am female. I think it was the fact that I think I grew up on the PBS series, Motorweek back in 1980s that might of tinted my feelings about it.

I thought that might because of Discovery's handing of it, because I know that USA and UK network have a different way they handed the commerical breaks and the to many commerical breaks might of destroyed the timing of the episodes, which is sometimes a key to the humor, that this series is reported to have. So once again I tried to watch it again on the BBC America, which I think is a better choice for this series, but once again I found myself with a bitter taste in my mouth about the series.

Again, I got nothing wrong with the fans of the series, because everybody is different and is emtitled to their own feelings, but this isn't my cup of tea.
  • The best car show ever produced!

Top Gear, a great show that is on since 2001/2002, for 16 seasons now is one of the greatest shows the UK ever produced, in my eyes.

Simply because first: I really love cars and at specially fast and expensive ones.

Then there is the way how they present it, it's just awesome, funny and always informational, even if they bring it on a very strange way.

Also, with the specials, you kinda see places you never see a film crew before, so, you get to see new places, which is awesome:) Certainly Bolivia was my favorite till now, awesome sunset! Also, the road in Bulgaria, was really awesome to see.

Since the beginning, at least, since it aired in the Netherlands, I am watching it, with all the pleasure there is, even the episodes that I've already watched 20 times, still see me watching, just because, it's fun! And sometimes I even miss 1 once in a lifetime movie for it, just so I can watch this show.

Then there are the actors, Jeremy made a simply awesome documentary, Richard followings him and made an even better one. May is the only one I still not yet have seen:O But that is OK.

My favorite though is the Stig. Last week he drove like he was the best rally driver ever and that was just AMAZING.

So, with this dramatic English I gonna end!

AWESOME SHOW!
  • And I don't even like cars..

but I do love this show!! Late one saturday night I returned home from work.. on the tv was this show with three guys making amphibious cars to sail up some river.. ever since then I've been hooked!
    There is something about Jezza, James and Hammond that has me in stitches every show. Whether they be reviewing some car, just talking, or diving round the country side. This show is a classic!
  • A Hilarious and informative English car show. I love it!

Top Gear is a long running series about cars that has been copied by many nations. I have seen all the versions and I must say that the UK series is the best! Hosts Jeremy Clarkson, James May and Richard Hammond (accompanied recently by 'top gear dog') take part in road tests, challenges and international trips to provide top notch entertainment, (in my eyes anyway). With Celebrity guests, and prices and features of various cars; useful for buyers, appeals to a wide demographic. I love the hosts sense of humor in making the show, as not to make it a boring car documentary. Thanks 4 listening, Sarz.
  • best car show!

Its the best show about cars there is because it isnt boring and has good humor. for example fifht gear think they are better and funnier than top gear, there not! top gear has funny specials and good advice about cars people would want to buy or not buy.
    another thing is that they are pretty old so they have experience with cars, they are not some youngsters that tell to to buy a car with lightbolbs on top and tvs in the back. they just give good advice about cars.

And they have what nobody else has....he is called: the STIG!!!
  • One of the most entertaining shows I have seen.

Top Gear as you will know by now is about cars, but it is not like any other car show you have seen before. People of all ages, both genders and even non-car enthusiasts enjoy watching the trio and their cars.

The brilliance of the show is the comedy flare, along with how different the three hosts are. They dance on the lines of insulting people, guests and each other, most of the time in good humor but still a bit edge at times. With the format of competing against each other doing some crazy challenges, you end up being glued to the screen.

For me though one of the greatest thing about this show is the camera work. Every review of a car, every challenge and just about every episode has such an amazing filming and editing that now (they are up to 13 series when this is written) you are amazed that visual directors still seem to be finding new ways to shoot car scenes. If you haven't watched this - You should do that... right now!
  • You'll either Love it or you'll hate it... I love it

This is one of the most original and humourous car shows on TV to date. One its great strengths or weaknesses depending on your point of view is that it doesn't hold back, it is what it is and does it with a vengeance. So if you love it, you'll really love it, otherwise you'll hate it.

Anchored (technically) by Jeremy Clarkson, and admirally supported by Richard Hammond and James May, the show does indeed review cars (or at least some of it does). Most of the show is taken up with Challenges, sometimes serious, sometimes just humourous and sometimes completely outragious where the presenters compete for the prize of bing the winner. However its the way which it presented which makes it so good. The presenters never take themselves nor what they doing really seriously, which then makes it fun to watch whether you are a petrol head or not. I didn't know one end of an engine from another when I started watching but I couldn't stop watching this show... whilst its rival 5th Gear still gets turned off from boredom. It is true that they never review cars you'll be able to afford, but why would they. Whats the point of comparing a Renault Megane and a Vauxhall Astra. The information is all on the internet and you can test drive them. The point is they are every day cars, you see them on the streets, you can ask your mate down the pub. A show on TV is about seeing what you'll never own or likely get a chance to drive, but would love to (from a Petrol Heads point of View) and from the other side its the humour not the cars anyway.

Top Gear is a show with a difference, and as long as you have a sense of humour, and don't take everything too seriously you'll probably love it... That is as long as you don't let Clarkson get to you by taking him seriously.
  • Probably the best TV show I've seen in a decade. Funny, interesting and sometimes informative, Top Gear is and excellent combination. All three hosts have good chemistry and are fun to watch. Original, witty and rarely will you be let down.

The Kind of Show You'll Tell Your Friends About. I know I've told everyone I know. Even if you're not into cars, you'll find Top Gear Funny and interesting. I have yet to watch a show that I didn't enjoy. Then there's The Stig. Feeling down? This is the show to watch. World's fastest car vs. a Typhoon Jet Fighter. Japanese Exoticar vs. a Bullet Train. Crossing the English Channel to France in jury-rigged cars. Driving through the deep South (of the US) and well, watch it and you'll see. It's one of the most posted shows on YouTube and has spawned knock-offs in Australia and Canada.
  • Wonderful for both car savoy and non car individuals alike...this show is one on the reasons I never change from BBCA.

I honestly know NOTHING about cars, so the fact this is one of my top shows to watch says A LOT! But when watching I feel a bit smarter about cars when with friends, girls mostly, than I really am...and looking at James May for an hour DOES NOT hurt. But seriously, it is a wonderful show and the info they give out is interesting,if nothing else the comedy, looking at cars going about a track. I want to learn stick now! As well I'm developing a liking for cars, fast ones at least. This show has changed my life in so many ways.
  • When will the BBC realise this is there best show?

Ever since Jeremy Clarkson and Andy Wilman decided to bring Top Gear back from the dead this show has got better and better with each series, only now starting to be recognised.

The wit of May, the honesty of Clarkson and the presence now of Hammond. it is true what Top Gear says, you dont have to be a petrol head to enjoy Top Gear. With the great blend of the epic challenges and the classic road test that slogan comes true.

It just seems that with every challenge the boundry gets pushed even further as with Jeremy Clarkson comes controvesy, but that just makes it more watchable.

Now it seems the real challenge now is keeping up with themselves to keep the pace going and keep the show as interesting as it has been, and the fact is in the new series it will be a hard job keeping up with the last series
  • Funny car show

Top Gear Is the best car show it is much better than the boring show fifth gear.
    Top gear has been going for years and has been one of my favourate shows of all time.For any car fans you cant miss this show its styelish fresh and never dissapoints the writers never run out of ideas to throw jeremy, james and richard into something dangerous like race across europe or drive to the north pole.
    some of the features on the show like star in a reasonable priced car are allways good to watch and the cool wall.
    cant wait until next season.
  • A great show that is always fun to watch.

Top Gear somehow manages to be a car show but yet be funny and entertaining to people who aren't interested in cars. Its a mix of the 3 hosts messing around and often doing crazy things, getting involved in wacky challenges where they often end up competing with one another. Its funny, entertaining, and about cars, what more could you possibly ask for? Plus they don't seem to be afraid to mock or make fun of... well anyone. If you haven't seen it, you need to start watching. For those of us in the US, you can usually catch it Monday nights on BBC America.
  • Good

watched this show loads of times, love it, talks about cars that everyone would love one day and some cars which are use full to everyone, i love the tasks they do in the shows tho, which make it more comic and more enjoyable to watch, you got to love the Stig in this as he is pro, dont know who it is but love to find out who he is tho, he has to be a racing driver of some sort, allso love the Top gear as it takes the mick out of things, overall love the show, not seen as many new ones as i would like to tho....
  • how can the other channels continue to make other shows???

mind blowing,fabulous,Original,creative,Funny,full of ideas,intresting....and the list can go longer and longer than any other show.
    simply its 1 of the best things they played on TV ever...i mean its like ok ok ok many of the people who will read this review wont be convinced about the halo im talking about but people...imagine im talkin about a cars show and my intrest in cars is zero....i never cared about any car weve bought or any1 i know owned!!!!!!!!!!!
    so how do u like it now?????ive been in ur shoes dear when i heared Top Gear on TV or a friend recommended it for me i took it for a granted and i was like yeah yeah a cars show but fffffffffff....
    i can talk more and more but without further addo i simply giving uuuuuu my new best friend.. TOP GEAR ull never get bored
  • Brilliant, only started watching in New year.

Makes me happy. You get an adrenaline rush from watching it, and i am a girl (seriously). Fantastic! The humour is quick witted and although it's the same plot, Clarkson, Hamster and May are so quick-witted, therefore it always ends with a different twist! No one knows I watch this and i'm not ashamed to admit it! Hehe, when it came out i though what could be more BoRiNg! all it is is Cars Cars and more cars. but now even i know theres waaaay more to it than that!
    Love u lofty
    lolage X x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

By kirzi97