Top Gear

Sunday 8:00 PM on BBC Two Premiered Oct 20, 2002 Unknown

MattAllenLFC

Top Gear Fan Reviews (130)

• Too Bad it's over

Love that show so much
  • The End Of Top Gear!

With Jeremey Clarkson being sacked, and none of the other host want to return without Clarskon. I must confess that I think this show is soon to be DEAD.

What people don't like about the Hosts or the show itself is fine, there is always a button on your remote to either switch or turn off your tv. So for me and my family this is the absolute end of Top Gear, hopefully we will see the Hosts back on iTV with something similar. Called Hot Cars, or Burning Tires, or something in that tone. Plus 10 when the team was complete, now that Clarkson is sacked a -1
  • It was best show ever for years 10/10 ! now its just medicaore 5.5/10 ! :(

It was how you Brits say bloody brilliant show till now. I am very sorry for saying those harsh words but Top Gear isn't as good as it used to be.

Jokes now are just stupid, specials boring, car reviews only fancy top notch HD well edited videos. Well they used to do stupid things but they were smart things - sarcasm etc.

Sorry fans......
  • laid by clarkson, lays another dog egg!

given the downward spiraling of the once watchable top gear that now is just laughable, how do you the makers of this sh@t feel ?

do you care,are you bothered,does it matter as long as it generates money, well it seems that it is being produced by teenagers for prepubescent teenagers much the same way as old channel 4 tv was aimed at the people that fell out of pubs at closing time and wanted to drawl at some cheaply made dross that catered for the lowest . in the land, the lager lout.

i have to hand it to you and really pat yourselves on the back for creating such crap, you are in a league of one and no one could come close to the level at which you have set the bar.

so where does someone start who actually knows about cars?

because i have made and repaired and sold all types of cars in some 28 years now,large small cheap and expensive saloon estate ect,but you lot only care for one type,the wet dream ultra expensive types, is that why there are less and less program's( thankfully )because the uber expensive car manufacturers can only release so many in any one year, or is it that the fat one and the irritating one and the one that should do children's tv cant be arsed to do any more and earn their multi million pound salary's funded by the license payers?.

when you dumped the village idiot off in British Columbia why didn't you take the opportunity to use a Knight xv to rescue him? its built in Ontario (that's in Canada) instead you used north American vehicles, why?

given the fact that the Knight is the biggest 4x4 known, this would have fitted in with the biggest fastest most expensive philosophy you have had for soooo long and could have made it slightly better than it turned out.

And when you 'dis' Peugeot's do have a care for the people who own, buy and repair them, they are not as bad as you portray them to be, and they are french owned, like all of their car manufacturers, a little often overlooked point you fail to acknowledge in the pursuit for cheap smutty laughs and innuendo, who own the flashy cars that the team salivate over? they are not British owned are they, all sold off because they were badly made and even worse after sales in companies that wouldn't modernize and loved to strike.

The episode where the three stooges try and make ambulance vehicles i found rather sick, and again another one of those made for the ret@rded viewer pieces that focuses on cheap smut and no substance or relevant information.

Here's the point, William Woolard used to give informative useful information to the viewer,now Clarkson just drives fast sideways in cars very few people see let alone can afford, do you think at some point this can be reversed and give people who cannot buy these automotive masterpieces a chance to have road tested cars for the every day people?.

Next weeks episode on Top Gear and the next and the next. I drive fast and turn tyres into smoke whilst trying to sound more witty and intelligent than Oscar Wilde,James gets lost and confused over something trivial while his gut struggles to be held back by his corset and Richard tries to look ever younger in the vainest attempt to hold onto his youth, that about sums it up.

The goose that laid the once golden egg.. is now more laid by Clarkson (laid in the same sense as f@cked) and golden egg is more dog egg.

While the gang struggle to find the newest next faster biggest trouser ripping car that has to take them around the globe,may be they could look into the many news cars that dont cost the earth and can be seen in a showroom near to you,just a thought, and heres another one, given their love of fully funded jollies.. next week on Top Gear... I use the 'n' word in Alabama, then i go to Argentina holding a number plate saying 'sorry ?', I then go to China and say there a slope on that bridge, and finish off in france where i crash a 405 into the gates of the Peugeot headquarters, its all in the name of fun isn't it?

try and defend that .

regards.
  • Love it :)

Love it :)
  • email BS crap

2.5
    I get an email today telling me about season 22 ep 3 but when I open the link it has no info about episode 3. WTF some eager *** set that up I guess
  • DREADFUL WASTE OF TAX PAYERS MONIES ON 3 CLOWNS wrecking good cars

UNBELIEVABLE rubbish from 3 IDIOTS who just ruin good cars the program seems to have lost its focus and path when it first started these guys are over paid and not funny anymore and just winds me up to the point of me wanting to turn off to another channel much does it cost per show with all its back up team and fancy camera shots and countries and the cars they must wreck then theres the people they insult..
  • MORE SPECIALS LIKE BURMA !

You're all awesome.
  • Changed my favourite show to 'Fifth Gear' on turbo

I loved the 'Top Gear' when the show started, it showed good reviews about cars. But nowadays its Reviews about the guys driving it and too the same old guys. Nothing about the car. No testing. No speeding. No mpg. Nothing about the interior. No nothing, a lot of clever video editing. I dont want to read the 'Top Gear' mag. I hate looking at Photos and read about it. Please do a good Tv episode with car reviews. Till then I hate Top Gear Shows. Watch Fifth Gear on Dis Turbo.
  • Getting a bit Gert and Daisy, eh?

You mean to tell me that we get only six episodes this time?? The nerve... Come on Jezza, we know you guys are old geezers nowadays, but you could do better than 6... We need to see more... scratch that, we demand to see more!

Please.
  • Quality over quantity

I love the show and wished there were more episodes, but then the quality would go down because they'd need fillers to stretch out the season. Look at US top gear, they have like 8-10 eps and that makes it worse because they have to get material to fill the season. Finally these guys aren't young anymore. I'd rather they take their time with fewer eps if it means they stay on longer. They make the show what it is and it won't be top gear if anyone of them are replaced.
  • That's it?

Only six episodes and the season is over? Where are the special exotic journeys and the races with Jeremy in car vs. May and Hammond in whatever? Just watching the guys test supercars and wrecking mobile homes is ok fun, and the hoover car episode was ok, but we expect more now. We should be entitled to at least one epic journey episode or two per season!
  • Season with 6 episodes??!!

Top Gear is getting Lazy! A season with only 6 episodes? Is there really nothing happening in the Car world... or are they trying to let the show slowly die?
  • No other show like this! Greatest show ever.

Can't wait to watch the next season now. The last two episodes (Africa special) were just like a few seasons back when the boys were really being boys.
  • Greatest Car Show Ever!

Jeremy Clarkson,James May and Richard Hammond showed great chemistry with each other. I do not even watch the American version because of these three guys.
  • Cannot be reproduced

There have been many recreations of Top Gear and of the ones Ive seen, nothing even comes close to the original. I don't know why anyone even bothers. One of the main things going for this show is the chemistry among the three presenters and their attempts at these challenges. Without their wit, humor, and familiarity with each other, there's really no point in making a replica.
  • Why don't they do more shows like this one?

Why don't they do more shows like this one? This is how all shows about cars should be!!! They push each car to the limit and do things to it that we wouldn't even dream about.
    The challenges are absolutely amazing, they make you laugh, make you wish you could be there with them.
    Of course, we will most likely never get the opportunity to drive those wonderful cars they do in the show, but they're a heck of a lot of fun to watch. I would recommend this show to absolutely everyone who loves cars, or even has a slightly remote interest in them!!!
  • great show

Great show about 3 car guys cocking about with cars, and having fun. Racing, testing, and burning rubber off all the cars they come in contact with. Powerrr!!! is what im talking about and its a great show 3 thumbs up. Watch them hack to roof off a minivan, strech a compact 25 ft long, and make road building a race agenst the time. Also you will see the best and fastest cars all the way to the slow and/or cheap cars. One of the best show about cars that can has graced TV. when ever you see a show your going to feel like you pissed youself.
  • funny as

fcuk. I love the banter, the way the cars are reviewed and the challenges they have. Would like to see stars that iv heard of sometmes, but i can cope with that. Tho, if they are reading this i would love to see Anthony Keidis on there. Jezza n James make me laugh so much - especially when they argue. And more than anything I would love to be an average Jo Bloggs in anaveragelypriced car round that track

• Boring

0.6
    Top Gear is the most mind numbing programme ever to apperar on television. I can't see why anyone wwants to see three middle aged men drive cars around. What is the point of some of the things they do for example the stupidity of trying to drop caravans on a target, then to make it worse BBC allow it to be aired for a complete hour!
  • very enjoyable

7.4
    this show is basically and always will be a classic. wat more can u ask for in a program than fast cars,gr8 presentors and cool guests. if u like cars,presentors and guests this is the program to watch. im happy to hear that they put it back on bbc again.
  • Unique.

Do not a miss the opportunity to watch the best show of its kind. Just watch it. Even if you hate cars, It doesn't matter. You will have a hard time finding a more entertaining show. Enough said.

_ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ _
  • I just don't get what all the buzz is about.

4.1
    Okay, I understand that this series has a huge following outside of the USA and because of that I tried to watch it, while it was on its brief time while it was on the Discovery Channel in the US, to see what it was all about. I have to said is that I wasn't to impressed by what I saw here. So I just don't understand what all of the buzz is about and I don't think it has to be the fact that I am female. I think it was the fact that I think I grew up on the PBS series, Motorweek back in 1980s that might of tinted my feelings about it.

I thought that might because of Discovery's handing of it, because I know that USA and UK network have a different way they handed the commerical breaks and the to many commerical breaks might of destroyed the timing of the episodes, which is sometimes a key to the humor, that this series is reported to have. So once again I tried to watch it again on the BBC America, which I think is a better choice for this series, but once again I found myself with a bitter taste in my mouth about the series.

Again, I got nothing wrong with the fans of the series, because everybody is different and is emtitled to their own feelings, but this isn't my cup of tea.
  • The best car show ever produced!

Top Gear, a great show that is on since 2001/2002, for 16 seasons now is one of the greatest shows the UK ever produced, in my eyes.

Simply because first: I really love cars and at specially fast and expensive ones.

Then there is the way how they present it, it's just awesome, funny and always informational, even if they bring it on a very strange way.

Also, with the specials, you kinda see places you never see a film crew before, so, you get to see new places, which is awesome:) Certainly Bolivia was my favorite till now, awesome sunset! Also, the road in Bulgaria, was really awesome to see.

Since the beginning, at least, since it aired in the Netherlands, I am watching it, with all the pleasure there is, even the episodes that I've already watched 20 times, still see me watching, just because, it's fun! And sometimes I even miss 1 once in a lifetime movie for it, just so I can watch this show.

Then there are the actors, Jeremy made a simply awesome documentary, Richard followings him and made an even better one. May is the only one I still not yet have seen:O But that is OK.

My favorite though is the Stig. Last week he drove like he was the best rally driver ever and that was just AMAZING.

So, with this dramatic English I gonna end!

AWESOME SHOW!
  • And I don't even like cars..

but I do love this show!! Late one saturday night I returned home from work.. on the tv was this show with three guys making amphibious cars to sail up some river.. ever since then I've been hooked!
    There is something about Jezza, James and Hammond that has me in stitches every show. Whether they be reviewing some car, just talking, or diving round the country side. This show is a classic!
  • A Hilarious and informative English car show. I love it!

Top Gear is a long running series about cars that has been copied by many nations. I have seen all the versions and I must say that the UK series is the best! Hosts Jeremy Clarkson, James May and Richard Hammond (accompanied recently by 'top gear dog') take part in road tests, challenges and international trips to provide top notch entertainment, (in my eyes anyway). With Celebrity guests, and prices and features of various cars; useful for buyers, appeals to a wide demographic. I love the hosts sense of humor in making the show, as not to make it a boring car documentary. Thanks 4 listening, Sarz.
  • best car show!

Its the best show about cars there is because it isnt boring and has good humor. for example fifht gear think they are better and funnier than top gear, there not! top gear has funny specials and good advice about cars people would want to buy or not buy.
    another thing is that they are pretty old so they have experience with cars, they are not some youngsters that tell to to buy a car with lightbolbs on top and tvs in the back. they just give good advice about cars.

And they have what nobody else has....he is called: the STIG!!!
  • One of the most entertaining shows I have seen.

Top Gear as you will know by now is about cars, but it is not like any other car show you have seen before. People of all ages, both genders and even non-car enthusiasts enjoy watching the trio and their cars.

The brilliance of the show is the comedy flare, along with how different the three hosts are. They dance on the lines of insulting people, guests and each other, most of the time in good humor but still a bit edge at times. With the format of competing against each other doing some crazy challenges, you end up being glued to the screen.

For me though one of the greatest thing about this show is the camera work. Every review of a car, every challenge and just about every episode has such an amazing filming and editing that now (they are up to 13 series when this is written) you are amazed that visual directors still seem to be finding new ways to shoot car scenes. If you haven't watched this - You should do that... right now!
  • You'll either Love it or you'll hate it... I love it

This is one of the most original and humourous car shows on TV to date. One its great strengths or weaknesses depending on your point of view is that it doesn't hold back, it is what it is and does it with a vengeance. So if you love it, you'll really love it, otherwise you'll hate it.

Anchored (technically) by Jeremy Clarkson, and admirally supported by Richard Hammond and James May, the show does indeed review cars (or at least some of it does). Most of the show is taken up with Challenges, sometimes serious, sometimes just humourous and sometimes completely outragious where the presenters compete for the prize of bing the winner. However its the way which it presented which makes it so good. The presenters never take themselves nor what they doing really seriously, which then makes it fun to watch whether you are a petrol head or not. I didn't know one end of an engine from another when I started watching but I couldn't stop watching this show... whilst its rival 5th Gear still gets turned off from boredom. It is true that they never review cars you'll be able to afford, but why would they. Whats the point of comparing a Renault Megane and a Vauxhall Astra. The information is all on the internet and you can test drive them. The point is they are every day cars, you see them on the streets, you can ask your mate down the pub. A show on TV is about seeing what you'll never own or likely get a chance to drive, but would love to (from a Petrol Heads point of View) and from the other side its the humour not the cars anyway.

Top Gear is a show with a difference, and as long as you have a sense of humour, and don't take everything too seriously you'll probably love it... That is as long as you don't let Clarkson get to you by taking him seriously.
  • Probably the best TV show I've seen in a decade. Funny, interesting and sometimes informative, Top Gear is and excellent combination. All three hosts have good chemistry and are fun to watch. Original, witty and rarely will you be let down.

The Kind of Show You'll Tell Your Friends About. I know I've told everyone I know. Even if you're not into cars, you'll find Top Gear Funny and interesting. I have yet to watch a show that I didn't enjoy. Then there's The Stig. Feeling down? This is the show to watch. World's fastest car vs. a Typhoon Jet Fighter. Japanese Exoticar vs. a Bullet Train. Crossing the English Channel to France in jury-rigged cars. Driving through the deep South (of the US) and well, watch it and you'll see. It's one of the most posted shows on YouTube and has spawned knock-offs in Australia and Canada.