Top Gear

Series 1 Episode 4

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Nov 10, 2002 on BBC Two

• More cars...

Oh, it continues to be a really crazy show and really funny and I think that's why we like it.

This time they have two famous racers around - Damon Hill and Richard Burns and they have fun with both. Clarkson and Hill have a ride with two very good cars but they have even more cruel fun over Burns who has to feel how it is to look race out in cold, in wet.. and when the car runs by. It was crazy idea.

And ofcourse we had Bond car versos bad guy car and what kind of weapons they had.
  • Its Top Gear but with an Astin Martin Vanquish, Damon Hill and Richard Burns. It's awesome.

I loved this episode. It had me fixated from the moment I first saw that stunning Astin Martin Vanquish. But more than the car, what made this episode for me was the way everyone seemed more relaxed and at ease with one and the other.
    It also helped that Jeremys segment with Damon Hill was an absolute blinder. You could see how much joy they were both having and it was a pleasure to watch.
    They also took a look at the new James Bond car and the Villans car. The Astin was stunning but the Jaguar was just sublime. Please santa, can I have one under my christmas tree.
    Steve Coogan was the star in a reasonably priced car and that was just a riot. From seeing clips as Alan Partridge to discussing cars, I couldn't help but laugh.
    If anything let the show down, it was Jasons review of the Nissan Skyline. It came across like he was reading from an auto-cue rather than of the cuff and I struggled to see any real emotion come from him. I just didn't feel engaged through it.
    He did improve though when he was doing his conclusion Jeremy. I thought for a minute I actually saw a confident presenter.
    Jeremys interview with Richard Burns was very casual but I loved it when they put him outside to see what rally spectators have to put up with. Very funny

Overall fantastic. 9.2/10