Torchwood: Miracle Day Forums

Starz (ended 2011)

Official Discussion Thread: 1.07 Immortal Sins (possible Spoilers)

sinjaceheroes

[21]Aug 30, 2011
    • level: 14

thribs wrote:

7- Why has no one called for the Doctor's help?

You should know better. When shit happens and the deux ex known as the Doctor needs to be taken out of the picture, they simply leave him out. Plus, there is no tech to call him. To my knowledge, Jack doesn't have anything to call the Doc with. (...and yet 1940's Churchill can....)

Plus, Gwen kind of explained it in COE: she said something about how she thought that the reason the Doc didnt come sometimes and sometimes he did, was that he would turn away in shame of humans. COE was caused by humans themselves. MD is a human act as well. There is obviously some alien in there too, but it seems it all began with the Triangle and they were human. Or so they seemed.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

kanniballl

[22]Aug 31, 2011
    • level: 18

SlidingKat wrote:

wibly wobbly time stuff...Jack jumps around in time, but his experiences are lived in chronological order. Therefore he was told he is a fixed point in time "a long time" before he was in 1928 with this scene.

Eh, he's a time traveller... but he found out about the "fixed point" thing around the Doctor Who episode "Utopia" and his time-travel function was broken both before and after that episode.

Jack escaped the satellite after resurrecting for the first time by jumping way into the past

Time travel function fried, was stuck time travelling the old way: aging.

Waited around for the Doctor to return, joined Torchwood

Prior to WW1 meets Angelo, falls in love, gets killed repeatedly, etc.

Doctor shows up around "Utopia" and temporarily fixes the wrist device

By the end of "Sound of Drums" (next episode) the Doctor purposely breaks the Time Device to keep Jack out of trouble. But writing-wise, to keep him from being to over-powered when he returned back to the Torchwood show.

angim350

[23]Aug 31, 2011
    • level: 13

Always wondered why the doctor wouldn't have showed up. Although, maybe he's been avoiding calls from everyone all summer in his failed attempts to find Melody.

MichaelSamps

[24]Sep 1, 2011
    • level: 1

To be honest Idon'tthink Jack is mortal, it could be me going mad but nobody in the human race is actually immortal they, to quote are "just to alive" if the roles had been flipped as they are suggesting then why don't people heal? I think that what it means to be mortal has been changed altogether, I don't think the roles have been flipped, I just think that Jack, and the human race, are on a common ground, Jack hasn't been significantly harmed yet, he was cured from the poison, Ibelievenobody dies, but nobody heals either, Jack included.

Tbh this is only a theory, and not to offend anyone but i don't think its the Trickster, that was never brought properly into Torchwood, just The Sarah Jane Adventures and a small part into Doctor Who. And from experience accept from the Children of Earth mini series Torchwood has never gone two episodes with the same enemy or problem.

All in all I don't think we'll fully predict the ending, Torchwood is just to good ;D

sinjaceheroes

[25]Sep 2, 2011
    • level: 14

kanniballl wrote:

SlidingKat wrote:

wibly wobbly time stuff...Jack jumps around in time, but his experiences are lived in chronological order. Therefore he was told he is a fixed point in time "a long time" before he was in 1928 with this scene.

Eh, he's a time traveller... but he found out about the "fixed point" thing around the Doctor Who episode "Utopia" and his time-travel function was broken both before and after that episode.

Jack escaped the satellite after resurrecting for the first time by jumping way into the past

Time travel function fried, was stuck time travelling the old way: aging.

Waited around for the Doctor to return, joined Torchwood

Prior to WW1 meets Angelo, falls in love, gets killed repeatedly, etc.

Doctor shows up around "Utopia" and temporarily fixes the wrist device

By the end of "Sound of Drums" (next episode) the Doctor purposely breaks the Time Device to keep Jack out of trouble. But writing-wise, to keep him from being to over-powered when he returned back to the Torchwood show.

Thank you! I was trying to put it in order in my head, but I've been trying to debunk Melody being the Spaceman.

kanniballl

[26]Sep 6, 2011
    • level: 18

sinjaceheroes wrote:

Thank you! I was trying to put it in order in my head, but I've been trying to debunk Melody being the Spaceman.

Nothing is wrong with Melody/River being the space man. I'm not saying 100% that she is/was, it could've been someone else. Another Doctor, fleshy-Doctor, even Amy.

But it also works, which is why River (with her MAD sharp-shooting skills) misses and says "of course" or whatever... she couldn't kill her past self. Either literally (paradox) or because she couldn't get herself to do it.

But that's another showLaughing