Torchwood: Miracle Day

The Categories Of Life

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Aug 05, 2011 on Starz

• The Categories Of Life

The Categories Of Life was a superb episode of Torchwood: Miracle Day. I really enjoyed watching this episode because there was a lot of action as the gang infiltrated various sites to expose PhiCorp. The team really operated well together and they all made some shocking discoveries. There were also of course some profound revelations, and I wonder if Oswald's words were his own, some one else's or a mixture. Gwen and Rex both come to the same conclusion or discovery as Vera suffers a horrible fate at the hands of a madman. This once again scares me to think about unending life and what that would do to the masses of the world. It also brings up a good point as to the new power structure that the world would need and how far governments would go to maintain authority. I want to find out more so I look forward to watching the next episode of Torchwood: Miracle Day!!!!!!!

• Time to wrap it up.

This episode was so tedious that I ended up fast forwarding through this episode for the last 30 minutes. The characters are getting worse as this story goes on. How many cliche sexist comments can that damn camp head fit into one sentence? That didn't make me like him less; it made me disgusted with the script writer's complete lack of nuance. Esther's character is hard enough to deal with in every episode without the writer's cramming more hackneyed characters in the mix. On top of that, the story is just dragging to the point that I don't really care what's causing the "miracle" any more. This show worked much better with one hour story arcs. Even Children of Earth was pushing its luck as a mini series, and clearly Russell Davies didn't learn anything about developing a serial in the process.