Torchwood: Miracle Day

The Gathering

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Sep 02, 2011 on Starz

• Lots of forward-moving plot momentum in the penultimate eppy of this uneven season

Finally an episode focused on moving the plot forward at an exciting pace. Eve Myles is again the standout as Gwen Cooper but Alexa Havins and Lauren Ambrose have their best episode of the season as their characters take huge leaps forward development-wise.

The twists are pretty cool as well as the Blessing is seen and blood's role in Miracle Day is shown.

An action-packed episode that sets up the Season Finale nicely.

• The Gathering

The Gathering was great episode of Torchwood: Miracle Day and I really enjoyed watching this episode because there was a lot of action, drama, intrigue, plot and character development as well as some revelations about The Blessing. I wish we would have been shown more since the season is almost over, but this episode definitely had a great pace and wove the story together in a very entertaining andsuspensefulway. I look forward to watching the final episode of this season of Torchwood!!!!!!!

• I know that I said after last weeks rubbish that I had finished with this tripe but I'd downloaded this anyway and the first few minutes got me hooked. This episode was so much better that I will re-run it later to see who wrote it.

Based in the UK [for the most part] this for me is the true start to this story. The rest has been needless drivel so far but it looks as these last two shows will stand up on their own as a damn good tale.

We are back to Torchwood of old now with fast moving action and drama and a beginning and middle. [I assume the end comes next week in the final episode]. And that big hole is straight out of Dr. Who - brilliant.

I've even given this a 7.

John Fay takes the credit for this screenplay - well done [though you had little to beat here John!]. Now I hope he's done next weeks as well.Just looked it up and Russel T wrote next weeks final episode so we'll see if the man himself can match his guest writer.