Torchwood Forums

BBC Two (ended 2009)

Claim your ship!!!

InTheGiggleLoop

[21]Mar 11, 2008
    • level: 5
    It's really sad when you think about Jack/Ianto or Jack/Gwen in the long run or Jack with anyone human because you know that it can't last. I am really for Jack/Ianto,but I kinda liked Gwen with Eugene from Random Shoes. Well for the one episode.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Black_Thorine

[22]Mar 11, 2008
    • level: 11

I like Janto and Owen/Tosh!

ScootleRoyale

[23]Mar 11, 2008
    • level: 8
    Gwen and Tosh ... Gosh! ... Hahaha!

InTheGiggleLoop

[24]Mar 11, 2008
    • level: 5

ScootleRoyale wrote:
    Gwen and Tosh ... Gosh! ... Hahaha!

Oh ha I like that one. You could say oh my it's Gosh. I know it's corny.

siftybastard

[25]Mar 11, 2008
    • level: 19
    I'm probably gonna get a virtual kick in the ass for this, but....

If Jack dumps Ianto we could see Ianto turn to Gwen for comfort. :} Gwento!!!!

PunkNerd5

[26]Mar 11, 2008
    • level: 24

siftybastard wrote:
    I'm probably gonna get a virtual kick in the ass for this, but.... If Jack dumps Ianto we could see Ianto turn to Gwen for comfort. :} Gwento!!!!

Gwento

While I would hate for Jack to dump Ianto, I do, and always have, liked the idea of more Gwen and Ianto together. They barely said two words in season one, and just the scenes where they talk, i just love them

BUT, Gwen and Ianto in a relationship would kill me.

ObscurusLupa

[27]Mar 12, 2008
    • level: 6
    I think Ianto needs to make friends with someone he works with and do regular buddy things like going out for drinks n' stuff.

Someone besides Jack, I mean.

Merope

[28]Mar 12, 2008
    • level: 3

And he needs to grow a thicker skin, fast. The thing with Jack isn't going to last forever, and he seems such a fragile guy, he's gonna be devastated when it ends, however it ends.

...I like him a lot. Does it show? :-)

Edited on 03/12/2008 1:31am

PunkNerd5

[29]Mar 12, 2008

Merope: I shows . But I agree with you, he does need to grow a thick skin. He's too nice a guy to get crushed again.

But I'll take Janto for as long as it lasts

ObscurusLupa

[30]Mar 12, 2008
    The two are adorable together, but other than a kiss or two, they aren't showing much else about their relationship. There's an odd comment or two, but most of their relationship is off screen. I'm not just talking about sex, but if that's all that is happening off screen, then is it really a relationship or is it just sex-based? Seems like Ianto thinks of it more like a relationship and Jack doesn't take it as seriously. Might lead to some Ianto hurtage.

Merope

[31]Mar 12, 2008
    Yeah... Much as I don't like to admit it, broken hearts DO make good TV. Will probably re-watch any epi with Iantos heart gettin stomped on... Sad but true...

As long as they last they are truly adorable!!!!

Merope

[32]Mar 12, 2008
    I thought there was a review before the 2nd series started that said Jack and Ianto's relationship was going to get explicit?

So far, nothing's happened on-screen that I wouldn't have expected considering the hints dropped in season one. I mean, come on! We're Europeans here, we can TAKE a HINT!!!

Actually, one of my favourite TV-series of all time is Star Trek TOS. Mainly because the writers trusted the audience to pick up the back-story from between the lines!!!!!!

4everLOST-ed

[33]Mar 12, 2008
    • level: 11
    Janto!

belial_77

[34]Mar 12, 2008
    • level: 17
    I think the most exciting pair on Torchwood was in S1 E04... Myfanwy and Cyber-Lisa!

XxClaraxX

[35]Mar 12, 2008
    • level: 12

Let's throw Gwen and Tosh in there from the look of next week's episode

Yeah not a chance in hell but those two actually haven't kissed yet which is completely unheard of in Torchwood

mfirefly10

[36]Mar 12, 2008
    I'd be all for Gosh!!! I saw a YT vid that was dedicated to that slash pairing and it was pretty good. Of course, on Torchwood, nothing is really slash because it could actually happen (unlike Faith/Buffy, who were my personal favorite slash couple). And I agree that I love the few Ianto and Gwen scenes they've shown, BUT I don't know that I would like them as a couple. I think it'd just be too awkward...I am feeling Ianto/Owen, though. Especially if they get back to that tension-filled hatred they had in season 1! HOT!!!
    Edited on 03/12/2008 10:12pm

PunkNerd5

[37]Mar 13, 2008

Merope wrote:
    I thought there was a review before the 2nd series started that said Jack and Ianto's relationship was going to get explicit? So far, nothing's happened on-screen that I wouldn't have expected considering the hints dropped in season one.

I read that there would be a 'scene' involving Jack and Ianto in episode 12. I just hope I'm not making it up , because that has happened before....

majken1974

[38]Mar 13, 2008
    • level: 21
    PunkNerd5 wrote:

Merope wrote:
    I thought there was a review before the 2nd series started that said Jack and Ianto's relationship was going to get explicit? So far, nothing's happened on-screen that I wouldn't have expected considering the hints dropped in season one.

I read that there would be a 'scene' involving Jack and Ianto in episode 12. I just hope I'm not making it up , because that has happened before....

Oooh I can't wait for that episode and I'll get to see it 'live', 'cause I'll be in London that day visiting an old friend, on my way home from Cardiff , so the Wednesday episode is also one I'll get to see (I so hope the rumors around that scene is true).

Arihya

[39]Mar 26, 2008
    • level: 2

(spoilers for most of series 2)

I'm a Tosh/Owen girl. i don't know, there's just something very appealing about the the way the two seem so mismatched yet they seemed so drawn together. A huge part of me wishes Owen hadn't become the undead because it seriously complicates the issue, yet it makes it more interesting and unique in the way that there still seems to be something there despite this huge roadblock.

I used to be a Jack/Ianto girl and a Jack/Gwen, but i feel like Jack/Ianto is slipping away despite the fact that they are -together- in some way. Because ever since the newer series it feels like Jack is keeping Ianto second best to Gwen, like the way Ianto was asked out after he'd had the "engagement" discussion with Gwen, and at the wedding where Ianto interupted Jack and Gwen's dance and they took a good half a minute before actually turning to greet him, and as he and Ianto danced, he glanced over at Gwen. 'Meat' contained a LOT of pining for Gwen on Jack's behalf, which seemed to be noticed, and in general they seem to share intense moments that make me ship Jack/Gwen.

It's the little things like that that's making me feel like Ianto is being used as a fall back, and i wish it wasn't cause i think Ianto deserves something honest after everything with Lisa, and if it's all fun for Ianto and he hasn't completely given his heart, and he's aware of the continuous Jack/Gwen, then it's fair enough.

lynna12000

[40]Mar 27, 2008
    • level: 21
    The nice thing about this show is that the writers seem to be writing, or in the process of writing, the 'ships everyone wants. Jack, being 'omni-sexual' certainly makes this easy. In so many meanings of that word. Not to mention, the other characters are very flexible in their views on physical relationships.