Torchwood Forums

BBC Two (ended 2009)

FOX to "Americanize" Torchwood????

Chaos-Melly

[61]Jun 11, 2011
    • level: 8
    If it still has Jack and Gwen in it, it shouldn't be too bad. I'm willing to watch with an open mind!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Nevin216

[62]Jun 11, 2011
    The show was produced together with the American Starz network. This is not a remake of the British series but a partnership; of course they will have to have stuff Americans would understand. The BBC haven’t shown they wanted more episodes, remember the last series was only 5 episodes shown in a week we should be grateful that at least we series is still going to show. The trailer for the new series looks great and hopefully it will be a great series.

coolcatkid

[63]Jun 12, 2011

archangelwho wrote:

The_void_68 wrote:
    *Prays for dragon22a's idea* I hate American remakes with a passion. What, exactly, is the point? It's not like it's in a different language! We Brits manage fine with American shows, why can't it work the other way round?

AS an American I must say your remarks are, how can I put this without making anyone mad, your remarks are well right on the mark. There nothing so good that the USA networks can't mess up move it to it lowest level.What is the point you may ask? Which you did. Well the USA networks are mostly ran by the same Left as our goverment. The Left in the USA feel that you are too dumb to know what is good or how to do anything right. So they have to come along and save you. The fact that you don't like it just show how dumb you are. Why do you think so many in the UAS like BBC TV? This is what we have to put up with in the USA. They get a way with this because too many people watch TV so they don't have to think. The story that Star Terk failed because it was too cerebrate is ture. Any show that is too cerebrate fails in the USA.

As a liberal american I take great offense to your post considering that the gaybashing and racism comes so furiously from the right . TV.COM is not the proper forum for a political debate . you don't think that the biggest complaints about torchwood would come from the right wing ,christian coalition neo-cons who believe that morality is their right to enforce . wow you are truly misguided

luttman23

[64]Jun 13, 2011
    • level: 9
    nah

shirese75

[65]Jun 15, 2011
    • level: 2

1. I don't think the show is being Americanized.

2. Many great TV shows are coming from America.

3. RTD agreed to it and if he trust his baby on an American network, so do I.

4. Has to be better that CoE.

tryptz

[66]Sep 23, 2011
    • level: 13

Give it to the Americans they sure made Torchwood 4 Miracle Day the BESTEST!!!! Torchwood EVER! Period

vampsgotsoul

[67]Dec 14, 2011
    • level: 2

I agree! And as an American myself, I've seen time after time how America screws up great British TV shows. Don't even get me started on "Being Human"

archangelwho

[68]Jun 24, 2012
    • level: 18

coolcatkid wrote:

archangelwho wrote:

The_void_68 wrote:
    *Prays for dragon22a's idea* I hate American remakes with a passion. What, exactly, is the point? It's not like it's in a different language! We Brits manage fine with American shows, why can't it work the other way round?

AS an American I must say your remarks are, how can I put this without making anyone mad, your remarks are well right on the mark. There nothing so good that the USA networks can't mess up move it to it lowest level.What is the point you may ask? Which you did. Well the USA networks are mostly ran by the same Left as our goverment. The Left in the USA feel that you are too dumb to know what is good or how to do anything right. So they have to come along and save you. The fact that you don't like it just show how dumb you are. Why do you think so many in the UAS like BBC TV? This is what we have to put up with in the USA. They get a way with this because too many people watch TV so they don't have to think. The story that Star Terk failed because it was too cerebrate is ture. Any show that is too cerebrate fails in the USA.

As a liberal american I take great offense to your post considering that the gaybashing and racism comes so furiously from the right . TV.COM is not the proper forum for a political debate . you don't think that the biggest complaints about torchwood would come from the right wing ,christian coalition neo-cons who believe that morality is their right to enforce . wow you are truly misguided

So much for your remarks that this is not a place for a political debate. I guess it is okay for your Left Wing hate speak. Thank about misguided.