Total Drama Island

Beach Blanket Bogus

Aired Unknown Feb 01, 2009 on TELETOON

• Trent develops a Nine obsessive-compulsive disorder, which makes Gwen feel weird, LaShawna proves that she has the groove, and Justin Loves Beth! Or does he? :idea:

Trent's a Killer Grip and really loves Gwen. But she's a Screaming Gaffer and with another guy named Duncan. Even though Duncan has a girlfriend named Courtney, Trent's Really freaked out not only by Gwen possibly falling for Duncan, but she might also get voted off if Trent's team wins a challenge. When Trent hears Gwen kind of likes weird things, he takes the weird concept to the extreme! Trent starts to do everything 9 times, and wants 9 of everything! Needless to say, Trent's weirdness makes Izzy's weirdness seem relatively Sane by comparison! But while Trent's being weird, there's another challenge going on. The two teams must participate in a 1950's beach movie, where surfing, sand-castle building, and dancing will be the challenges main themes. Harold, Lindsay, Owen, D.J., and Gwen all bomb in simulated surfing (sky-rats!) :lol: Even Justin loses his balance! :shock: But he's So beautiful, even a shark wants to save Justin from drowning! :P Duncan keeps his balance and doesn't get knocked off. The campers then go back to "T.D.I." where they hold a sand-castle competition. Trent's determined to Not let his team lose this challenge, so he convinces everyone to build a sand-castle with 9 rooms, 9 walls, 9 roofs, 9 windows, 9 towers, and 9 hermit crab flags. Unfortunately, the castle doesn't hold and the Gaffers already have a splendid sand castle and 30minute head start! But Beth saves the day when she suggests rebuilding the sand-castle with stronger materials like papier-mache and hold up the towers with her friendship bracelets for support. Not only do the Killer Grips redeem themselves, but the Gaffers have their sand-castle wrecked. Justin even tells Beth that he admires Beth's ingenuity and kind of likes her. But behind her back, Justin secretly says he's only saying that because he wants to win. The final challenge is the dance-off. LaShawna proves she just might be the best dancer of the campers! Trent knows Gwen likes to win, so he throws the challenge on purpose. Despite the loss, Trent, Gwen, and their relationship all remain safe! For now. :idea:
  • surf´s up! Deception,Sharks and Boogie, oh my!

This episode showed a lot more character development, but still manage to have a lot of funny moments, I specially loved the Surfing skills competition, although the writer eased off a little bit on the Duncan-Gwen thing, they made Trent develop a Obsessive-compulsive disorder basing everything on the number 9, I always thought Justin´s quiet hunky silent thing was a cool move, but I guess it kinda dried out, now that he´s a speaking character we see is pretty much a deceiver ala Heater, who pretty much this season is just a plain patsy, partly because nobody trust her so she got no leverage, funny thing nobody got voted off this week, I guess they got to stretch this season somehow, but there are so many moments that made me laugh, specially one bit with our loved sharks, be sure to check this one out... enjoy.