Does Harold deserve to be picked on by Duncan and Courtney so much?

Does Harold deserve to be picked on so much?

  • Avatar of imverybasic

    imverybasic

    [101]Jul 5, 2009
    • member since: 07/09/06
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 3,060
    Whatever. Think what you want. You have your views and I have mine.
    Edited on 07/05/2009 11:14am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Brodoin15

    Brodoin15

    [102]Jul 5, 2009
    • member since: 05/21/07
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 2,478

    Even if Harold did only shoot one of the other team's deers, it's more then Courtney did. All she did was get stuck, literally, with Duncan. She didn't run or dodge from anyone.

    Point for Harold.

    Why are peopel trying so hard to make Harold the worst player? He may not be the best, but he's surely in the middle, at least.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of CrystalCoconut

    CrystalCoconut

    [103]Jul 5, 2009
    • member since: 02/09/09
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 988
    HaydenAvery wrote:
    in my opinion Harold has more skills then Courtney and Duncan. This has turned into a harold bash thread. the point is i dont think he deserved to be picked on more. duncan started it. he should of known that harold would get back to him but he was too full of himself. also how could harold stand up for himself if his whole team was against him.


    Harold better then duncan?
    And courtney?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of alagaesian

    alagaesian

    [104]Jul 5, 2009
    • member since: 12/17/07
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 1,098
    My guesses (emphasis on 'guess') why people bash Harold:

    -They see him as overrated
    -They hate that he got rid of Courtney
    -They're generally annoyed with his character
    -They're annoyed with how much screen time he's getting
    -Courtney is on one side of the vote-switching conflict, and Harold is on the other. They like her side over his, and are trying to defeat him.

    I can't say anything from personal experience. I like him, frankly, but I also like Courtney.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of CrystalCoconut

    CrystalCoconut

    [105]Jul 5, 2009
    • member since: 02/09/09
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 988
    [QUOTE="imverybasic"]

    I agree.

    stalemate666 wrote:
    Beth shot her that's shot, and I'd put money on Bridgette being a better shot, and Harold didn't lead the team he was following and Harold would have gotten out more times in the dodge ball game, remember his throw it fell out of his hand and am I too understand that your docking points on Courtney because she managed to hide so well a hunter didn't even find her? Bottom line Harold made one hit that counted AT THE VERY MOST and Courtney didn't get out that's a tie at the very least your just saying Harold won because you want him to not because it's fair your arguments make no sense and your just plain full of it

    How am I not making sense? I think that I've proved my points on Harold about over a dozen times already. If anything, I think you're missing the points that I'm trying to point out about the challenges. You seem to be avoiding the fact that Harold won the dodgeball game. Courtney got out twice and forgive me for lashing out, but HOW THE HECK IS THAT A TIE? [QUOTE]

    tihs was taking things a little 2 far. You say Courtney got sucked in the beginning. NOT EVEN CLOSE to compared to Harold at the beginning. But whatever i'll say it is a tie at best for harold. Ok so WHAT is courtney got her ppl out from duncans strategy. Does it matter how she got them out? I dont see why it should a negative on her. Harold got one person out in one game. Its not a tie its a win for courtney

    Edited on 07/05/2009 12:56pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of imverybasic

    imverybasic

    [106]Jul 5, 2009
    • member since: 07/09/06
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 3,060

    HaydenAvery wrote:
    in my opinion Harold has more skills then Courtney and Duncan. This has turned into a harold bash thread. the point is i dont think he deserved to be picked on more. duncan started it. he should of known that harold would get back to him but he was too full of himself. also how could harold stand up for himself if his whole team was against him.

    Well I agree with you that Harold could be better than Courtney, although I think they're evenly matched. I don't think he's better than Duncan. I mean Harold's a great player, but Duncan can really play the game. He can not only scheme, but also play the game fairly.

    CrystalCoconut wrote:
    tihs was taking things a little 2 far. You say Courtney got sucked in the beginning. NOT EVEN CLOSE to compared to Harold at the beginning. But whatever i'll say it is a tie at best for harold. Ok so WHAT is courtney got her ppl out from duncans strategy. Does it matter how she got them out? I dont see why it should a negative on her. Harold got one person out in one game. Its not a tie its a win for courtney.

    Well, yeah. I admit that Harold did terrible in the beginning, as well, but that was just his throw. Unfortunately, he was only let on the court once, so it's not really safe to judge that Courtney gets a win for it. It does kind of matter how she got more people out. It was mostly Duncan who took his team to the lead, even though it was Courtney's idea, okay, so I can give her credit for that. But I think that's the only way that she contributed to the challenge. She still tried to play, but she just didn't do too well and were talking about dodging and catching the balls. She throws pretty good, but that resulted her in an out when Owen caught it. It kind of matters because she didn't do it on her own. She got help. Nothing wrong with teamwork or having an alliance, but if she got more people out on her own, that would have been a win for her. Her asking Duncan-great idea, nonetheless-it proved that she and the others couldn't win on their own and they needed someone with more experience. Though it does seem unfair that Harold only got one person out, if he was given more of a chance to compete, rather than continuously be benched, he probably would've gotten more people out. But it didn't happen like that. If anything, it's Duncan that we owe credit to. He was the one who lead his team into almost winning and Harold taking the victory. If this challenge was played for invinsibility it would be awarded to Duncan and Harold because of those reasons alone.

    Edited on 07/05/2009 5:05pm
    Edited 3 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TBMSFriday

    TBMSFriday

    [107]Jul 5, 2009
    • member since: 12/11/08
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 387
    alagaesian wrote:
    My guesses (emphasis on 'guess') why people bash Harold:

    -They see him as overrated
    -They hate that he got rid of Courtney
    -They're generally annoyed with his character
    -They're annoyed with how much screen time he's getting
    -Courtney is on one side of the vote-switching conflict, and Harold is on the other. They like her side over his, and are trying to defeat him.

    I can't say anything from personal experience. I like him, frankly, but I also like Courtney.


    Yeah, those are some key reasons...

    Why can't we all just like Harold AND Courtney like I do? Then again, defensive Courtney fangirls are very entertaining.....
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stalemate666

    stalemate666

    [108]Jul 5, 2009
    • member since: 10/19/08
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 927
    TBMSFriday wrote:
    alagaesian wrote:
    My guesses (emphasis on 'guess') why people bash Harold:

    -They see him as overrated
    -They hate that he got rid of Courtney
    -They're generally annoyed with his character
    -They're annoyed with how much screen time he's getting
    -Courtney is on one side of the vote-switching conflict, and Harold is on the other. They like her side over his, and are trying to defeat him.

    I can't say anything from personal experience. I like him, frankly, but I also like Courtney.


    Yeah, those are some key reasons...

    Why can't we all just like Harold AND Courtney like I do? Then again, defensive Courtney fangirls are very entertaining.....

    Because Harold is backstabbing weasel that cheated Courtney out of the game, kinda hard to like them both
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of NejiShikamaru

    NejiShikamaru

    [109]Jul 6, 2009
    • member since: 08/19/07
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 3,371
    Harold does more than Courtney, but Harold is a nerd. That usually implies someone will be picking on him, i.e. Duncan, and sometimes DJ and Geoff. Duncan's job is to pick on Harold, and hey, it usually helps their team in the end.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of alagaesian

    alagaesian

    [110]Jul 6, 2009
    • member since: 12/17/07
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 1,098
    stalemate666 wrote:
    TBMSFriday wrote:
    alagaesian wrote:
    My guesses (emphasis on 'guess') why people bash Harold:

    -They see him as overrated
    -They hate that he got rid of Courtney
    -They're generally annoyed with his character
    -They're annoyed with how much screen time he's getting
    -Courtney is on one side of the vote-switching conflict, and Harold is on the other. They like her side over his, and are trying to defeat him.

    I can't say anything from personal experience. I like him, frankly, but I also like Courtney.


    Yeah, those are some key reasons...

    Why can't we all just like Harold AND Courtney like I do? Then again, defensive Courtney fangirls are very entertaining.....

    Because Harold is backstabbing weasel that cheated Courtney out of the game, kinda hard to like them both


    I guess I'm willing to disregard the cheating, because after all, it saved the Duncan-Courtney relationship from a terrible fate.

    And I never really liked Courtney in season one anyways. I was more entertained with Duncan. Then, during the special, I started to enjoy her bossy, competitive attitude and how it could steal a hot air balloon.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stalemate666

    stalemate666

    [111]Jul 6, 2009
    • member since: 10/19/08
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 927
    NejiShikamaru wrote:
    Harold does more than Courtney, but Harold is a nerd. That usually implies someone will be picking on him, i.e. Duncan, and sometimes DJ and Geoff. Duncan's job is to pick on Harold, and hey, it usually helps their team in the end.

    No he doesn't their about even Courtney is a little better
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of NejiShikamaru

    NejiShikamaru

    [112]Jul 6, 2009
    • member since: 08/19/07
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 3,371
    stalemate666 wrote:
    NejiShikamaru wrote:
    Harold does more than Courtney, but Harold is a nerd. That usually implies someone will be picking on him, i.e. Duncan, and sometimes DJ and Geoff. Duncan's job is to pick on Harold, and hey, it usually helps their team in the end.

    No he doesn't their about even Courtney is a little better


    Their = They're?

    Courtney never won the Bass a challenge, in fact, she about cost them 2, the cliff jump she could have gotten them the carts to help them pull the boxes, and she refused to jump into jelly...

    Harold won two challenges for the Bass, Courtney cost them two...she isn't that good...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of imverybasic

    imverybasic

    [113]Jul 6, 2009
    • member since: 07/09/06
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 3,060

    It's true.

    Personally, I just never liked Courtney. It's good that she works hard, but her obsessive competetive nature could get on poeple's nerves. I didn't think that she had it in her when she double-crossed Duncan and stole the hot air balloon, but it's that very reason that made/makes me dislike her even more.

    So I know that this was after Harold rigged the votes, but I don't think that she had any right to lie to Duncan and almost cheat him out of an opportunity to a million dollars.

    I don't know. In my opinion, I think that Courtney's a mean person.

    Edited on 07/06/2009 10:22am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of CrystalCoconut

    CrystalCoconut

    [114]Jul 6, 2009
    • member since: 02/09/09
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 988
    imverybasic wrote:

    HaydenAvery wrote:
    in my opinion Harold has more skills then Courtney and Duncan. This has turned into a harold bash thread. the point is i dont think he deserved to be picked on more. duncan started it. he should of known that harold would get back to him but he was too full of himself. also how could harold stand up for himself if his whole team was against him.

    Well I agree with you that Harold could be better than Courtney, although I think they're evenly matched. I don't think he's better than Duncan. I mean Harold's a great player, but Duncan can really play the game. He can not only scheme, but also play the game fairly.

    CrystalCoconut wrote:
    tihs was taking things a little 2 far. You say Courtney got sucked in the beginning. NOT EVEN CLOSE to compared to Harold at the beginning. But whatever i'll say it is a tie at best for harold. Ok so WHAT is courtney got her ppl out from duncans strategy. Does it matter how she got them out? I dont see why it should a negative on her. Harold got one person out in one game. Its not a tie its a win for courtney.

    Well, yeah. I admit that Harold did terrible in the beginning, as well, but that was just his throw. Unfortunately, he was only let on the court once, so it's not really safe to judge that Courtney gets a win for it. It does kind of matter how she got more people out. It was mostly Duncan who took his team to the lead, even though it was Courtney's idea, okay, so I can give her credit for that. But I think that's the only way that she contributed to the challenge. She still tried to play, but she just didn't do too well and were talking about dodging and catching the balls. She throws pretty good, but that resulted her in an out when Owen caught it. It kind of matters because she didn't do it on her own. She got help. Nothing wrong with teamwork or having an alliance, but if she got more people out on her own, that would have been a win for her. Her asking Duncan-great idea, nonetheless-it proved that she and the others couldn't win on their own and they needed someone with more experience. Though it does seem unfair that Harold only got one person out, if he was given more of a chance to compete, rather than continuously be benched, he probably would've gotten more people out. But it didn't happen like that. If anything, it's Duncan that we owe credit to. He was the one who lead his team into almost winning and Harold taking the victory. If this challenge was played for invinsibility it would be awarded to Duncan and Harold because of those reasons alone.



    If Harold did play longer in the Dodgeball game do you seriously he would have gotten anyone else out?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of CrystalCoconut

    CrystalCoconut

    [115]Jul 6, 2009
    • member since: 02/09/09
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 988
    TBMSFriday wrote:
    alagaesian wrote:
    My guesses (emphasis on 'guess') why people bash Harold:

    -They see him as overrated
    -They hate that he got rid of Courtney
    -They're generally annoyed with his character
    -They're annoyed with how much screen time he's getting
    -Courtney is on one side of the vote-switching conflict, and Harold is on the other. They like her side over his, and are trying to defeat him.

    I can't say anything from personal experience. I like him, frankly, but I also like Courtney.


    Yeah, those are some key reasons...

    Why can't we all just like Harold AND Courtney like I do? Then again, defensive Courtney fangirls are very entertaining.....


    and fanboys
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of CrystalCoconut

    CrystalCoconut

    [116]Jul 6, 2009
    • member since: 02/09/09
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 988
    NejiShikamaru wrote:
    stalemate666 wrote:
    NejiShikamaru wrote:
    Harold does more than Courtney, but Harold is a nerd. That usually implies someone will be picking on him, i.e. Duncan, and sometimes DJ and Geoff. Duncan's job is to pick on Harold, and hey, it usually helps their team in the end.

    No he doesn't their about even Courtney is a little better


    Their = They're?

    Courtney never won the Bass a challenge, in fact, she about cost them 2, the cliff jump she could have gotten them the carts to help them pull the boxes, and she refused to jump into jelly...

    Harold won two challenges for the Bass, Courtney cost them two...she isn't that good...


    Um not really...
    Courtney just didn't jump
    Along with DJ
    All that meant was that Bass couldnt use the carts.
    That just slowed the bass down
    Do you think the bass would win even if they got to the camp first.

    Umm Courtney was just like the 5 other bass members that did not face their fears.

    How did she alone cost the challenge?

    Like i said before she is the second best player read my comparison thingie on like the second page.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of NejiShikamaru

    NejiShikamaru

    [117]Jul 6, 2009
    • member since: 08/19/07
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 3,371
    Courtney not jumping into the jelly cost them, Chris would have tripled their points but she still wouldn't. At least DJ faced the snake.

    Had the Bass gotten there first with the carts, it would have been the same thing that the Gophers had, teamwork, cooperation, etc. The Bass were so exhausted that they were scrounging up what they could while the Gophers were taking their time with a sizable lead.

    Courtney never won any challenges. Harold won 2 for the Bass. Courtney is not a better player than Harold, and only Duncan really likes her out of everyone. At least some people will be nice to Harold, Duncan even admitted he likes a part of Harold.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of imverybasic

    imverybasic

    [118]Jul 6, 2009
    • member since: 07/09/06
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 3,060

    Right again. And you're just saying that Harold wouldn't have eliminated anyone in the dodgeball game. That's not true considering he knew how to dodge and catch a fastball. Courtney couldn't do that. She couldn't even get Heather or Owen out. She wasn't even prepared for Gwen's ball. So... yep, Harold could get a lot more people out.

    I hate to upset Courtney fans, but honestly, she's not as good as everyone else makes her out to be. She tries hard but it's like Neij said. She costed two challenges. There's the hot tub challenge, where her leadership skills messed up everything and the phobia challenge. She alone didn't cost the phobia challenge, but she ended up on the bottom two for a reason. The Bass had an opportunity to have the lead and Courtney messed it up. So it actually doesn't matter whether or not she costed the challenge singlehandedly since she ended up costing a major part of it. It actually should have been her instead of Tyler.

    Edited on 07/06/2009 11:49am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of NejiShikamaru

    NejiShikamaru

    [119]Jul 6, 2009
    • member since: 08/19/07
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 3,371
    Courtney's role in the show is to give Duncan a partner, Gwen has Trent, Owen and Izzy, etc. All of the main characters in the show pretty much have relationships. Duncan's personality is the opposite of Courtney's, so they stuck them together. Heather doesn't have one since she was a villain, and Beth/Justin is just Justin's way of having an alliance.

    Courtney was just there for Duncan I believe.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Brodoin15

    Brodoin15

    [120]Jul 6, 2009
    • member since: 05/21/07
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 2,478

    Seeing some great points above me.

    Awesome.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.