Total Drama Island

TELETOON Premiered Jul 08, 2007 In Season

maritimer00

Total Drama Island Fan Reviews (214)

• This is a pretty awesome parody of reality shows

This show is such an obvious spoof on Survivor, The Amazing Race, and other challenge-related reality shows its not even funny. But I like it. It's a really great show. It's so far the only show on Cartoon Network that is really good, and its not even a CN original. The vast majority of the characters are cool, even the bad guys. Bridgette, Cody, Lindsay, Harold, Dawn, Noah, Owen, Izzy, Leshawna, DJ, Gwen and Courtney are all my favorites. But as cool as most of them are, its pretty obvious that all of the characters are based off some kind of stereotype. Such as Owen being the fat guy who loves to eat, Duncan being the juvenile delinquent, and Heather being the mean girl.

Alright, with the release of Total Drama: Pahkitew Island. I will now do a re-review of what I think of each season. Total Drama Island is still the best season of the show. It did a great job of establishing the characters, the challenges were entertaining, and I liked a few of the romances. But they didn't stop there. Total Drama Action in my mind was just as good the first season, with the only problems I had being the blatant Duncan/Courtney fan service that occurred through the second half of the season. But I liked the location and that the challenges were all based around a different movie genre.

But then we got Total Drama World Tour... Yeah, I don't like this season much anymore. I did at first, but after re-watching it, World Tour's got a lot of problems. Well, I take it back, I still like most of the locations they went to, and the challenges involved. But after the Niagara Falls episode, all of the challenges were just BORING! Not only that, but the finale was the worst finale in Total Drama history! I also kinda like Alejandro as a villain. Though one could argue that he was too perfect, I still like him FAR more than Sierra. My biggest problems with this season were the behaviors of my two favorite characters. Cody and Bridgette. This was supposed to be Cody's season to get some proper development like Harold and Beth got in TDA. But instead, Cody didn't do JACK! For practically the whole season! He did hardly anything! Sierra did everything for him, and he never grew a pair and told her off for her obsessive clinging to him. Then there's Bridgette. Creators? What did you do?! You went and fucked up my favorite character by making her shallow, and always needing to kiss a guy! This is the main reason why I wanted her to stay broken up with Geoff in TDA, because after they started dating, her personality changed! And in this season, with her boyfriend not competing, she was pining over Alejandro. And when she was caught, Geoff forgave her almost immediately! WHAT! Ugh! Speaking of cheating, I wish the whole Gwen kissing Duncan (which was great for drama, don't get me wrong) could've been handled a little better. Firstly, even though Cody saved Gwen's bacon, she never thanked him. WTF, Gwen! That was nice. I can't believe Cody still tried to help her after that. Secondly, it kinda sucks cause I liked Gwen and Courtney's friendship. Initially rivals, then friends. But now their mortal enemies again. While good for drama, it's a little sad cause I liked their friendship. And thirdly, the creators wasted several opportunities that they could've used to instill more drama! Like maybe Cody and Courtney developing a friendship over their mutual heartbreaks, with him no longer supporting Gwen, and the two of them forming an alliance against Duncan and Gwen. Along with Sierra getting jealous at Courtney for actually hanging around with Cody instead of just hating Gwen simply because Cody liked her. Come on! That would've been perfect! A great twist if handled properly and bringing in a lot of drama! I could think of other scenarios that would've made this season so much better, but I'd be here for hours. So I'd better move on.

My views on Total Drama: Revenge of the Island have changed also. By that, I mean it's not nearly as bad as I thought it was and is actually pretty good. Most of the characters grew on me, with Dawn now being one of my favorite characters, I liked the former contestants cameos, and the toxic waste theme for the island brought a sense of danger that I intitally hadn't thought of before. Scott's still a terrible villain though, with the stupidest strategy I had ever heard of. Why would you purposefully sabotage your own teammates to get them eliminated? If he had succeeded he'd of gone up against a whole team by himself. Odds are, he'd of been gone quickly after. Come on, Heather and Alejandro were much smarter than this. I can't even take Scott seriously. Also, Dawn should've lasted much longer than she did! But that's just a nitpick. Season Four was still pretty good. And then we got Season Five, which if combining both All-Stars and Pahkitew Island, was average at best.

I think All-Stars was great! I was happy that Gwen redeemed herself and reconciled with Courtney, even gaining new friends in Zoey, Mike and Cameron in the finale, Alejandro got out of the robot suit and hooked up with Heather, Duncan had a hilarious storyline of becoming a softie, though trying to prove he's still bad, and Mike's newest personality Mal proved to be a different breed of villain for this show. Mal was actually evil! He did some truly bad things in this season, and I hated him every step of the way. However, I hated the Scott and Courtney shipping! I HATE Scott and LOVE Courtney, so there was no way I was going to support this. Also, this is another nitpick, not really criticism, but I wish more contestants competed in this season. I mean it's called ALL-STARS! Where were Leshawna, Bridgette, Cody, DJ and Dawn, among others? I just wish there were more characters in this. As for Pahkitew Island... This was boooooring! I'm sorry, I just didn't get into this season at all. I liked Shawn and Jasmine (and their relationship), as well as Sky, Sammy, Scarlett and Max, but I didn't like anyone else that much. Though Scarlett's heel turn was a huge surprise. But characters like Dave, Amy and especially Sugar, are among my most hated characters in the show's history. Dave's annoyingly pessimistic, Amy's a total bitch and Sugar... do I even need to go into detail about how unlikable she is?! Also, I hated the challenges. Maybe it's just me but I thought these ones were lazy for the most part, totally different from the past five seasons'. Pahkitew Island was just not very good. Not as bad as World Tour, but still boring as hell.

So yeah, those are my views on each season. While the show does have some gross humor, it has more genuine humor going for it. Even though the characters are all stereotypes, it's a parody of reality shows, so they kinda have to be. And at least most of them are likable. I think this show is pretty amazing, despite a horrible third season and a boring Pahkitew Island. Its funny, and dramatic in many places, the challenges are pretty well thought out, the romances can be sweet and there are so many characters to watch and root for. I would definately recommend watching this show.
  • Man, it's such an awesome show!

The funniest parts were: Lindsay's dumbness, the characters barfing, Harold saying "boobies" and Leshawna fighting Heather.

Characters: Designs are aweschum! The characters I hate are: Heather, Courtney, Alejandro, Eva and Staci.
  • One of the best, and probably only animated reality tv series there is!

Awesome show! I was sad when the season ended. Then I got glad again when i found out there would be more seasons to it. Total Drama World Tour was by far the best season so far to me. But TTI was a great show. The characters were likable and they had that one bitchy character (Heather) who would manipulate others to stay in the game. The show kept me entertained and I wouldn't mind rewatching the episodes over again.
  • One of the Best shows of All times!

This show is amazing! It is clever, has amazing character development, and overall just makes me smile! If anyone is even considering to watch this show WATCH IT PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (:
  • Meh...

2.5
    I'm not really into reality tv shows. The only one I ever was interested in was VH1's rock of love season 1 and 2. Other than that, reality tv shows annoy the hell out of me. So when Total Drama Island came out, I was very skeptical.

Indeed, the show does run on stereotypes an awful lot but I decided to try watching it. To start things off, I really HATE how lazy the art style is. This cartoon came out when art style (in my opinion) started to decline in quality. Not that I hate eccentric type of designs but TDI's style is just lazy. The characters anatomy is just an eyesore to me. Anyway, on to the show itself.

The one thing that kept me watching was seeing how far they'd go with the situations in the show. In that one episode where they did a boat challenge and Heather's top got caught on a tree branch and ripped off, I was flabbergasted that they actually went that far on a kids show. So I just had to see what else they'd try to get away. Needless to say, there were a few parts that made me chuckle but due to the excess toilet humor, it was very rare as I'm not into constant toilet humor.

As for the characters, I only really liked "The weird goth girl" Gwen but only because as you learn more about the character, you see how level headed she is and plus, I could somewhat relate to the character, Bridget the surfer girl, Izzy the crazy girl, and Jeff the party guy. All the others were just meh to me.

The only thing that really annoys me about the show is that it wouldn't die. Island was, mediocre at best but watchable if there was nothing else on. The second season was okay but I tuned out halfway through as I got bored. I tried watching the debut of the third and just found it stupid. I just didn't like how they tried to milk this mediocre cartoon and wouldn't let it die.

The funny thing is that if they went with a more intricate art style that didn't look so lazy and done in flash, I would have been a lot more interested in it. But alas, it was not.
  • Zzzzzzzzzzzzz...........

Sorry but I can't stand reality shows in any form. Sugar coating stuff like this isn't going to may it any more interesting. When stuff like this is on I'll 1. watch something interesting or 2. shut the TV.

But because its animated I'll give it a score for effort. Nice try.
  • Total Drama Reality!

Hey ! If any of you are interested in watching a show just like Total Drama but with REAL PEOPLE check out my channel (tdreality on YouTube) where 7 contestants are put to the test to compete in Total Drama Reality! These episodes have real life contestants! Real life challenges! And Real life drama! We just posted Episode 3 so watch them now and make sure to be caught up before its too late ! So why not check it out and let us know what you think!?
  • One of the only decent Canadian shows ever.

This show was pretty good. Unfortunately, when the third season came aboard, that's when the Total Drama series slipped in quality. From the subsequent seasons, the creators did not learn from this. The first two seasons were pretty good, of course, for Canadian TV. I watched Revenge of the Island, and it sucked. So did All Stars. Why was Owen only in ONE EPISODE??? This was a disappointment since he was one of my favorite characters. Despite those facts, I recommend the first 2 seasons.
  • Sadley, it is an annoying sociology portrayal

On Total Drama, you have 22 contestants who are all from diffrent backgrounds. However, they all seem like stereotypes and no matter what they do to look diffrent, I say it is too late as the first impression has already been made. The characters are also unlikeable. Owen is always eating and farting and useless in challenges. Had he been on the real Survivor, he would have ben cut first. The show also makes a big deal over good and evil, escpecially in All Stars. The characters are being judged on kindness instead of skill and when they vote out someone who barley won the challenge, it makes them look like idiots. Heather fits this example as she keeps getting targeted for being mean. Plus, in the All Star season, the teams were stereotypes. The Heros doing all so well and the villians being too self centred to know what hit them. If any of these competitors went on Survivor, I`d doubt they`d last long.
  • One of the best animated shows I've ever seen

This show brings an original view to a parody that I have never seen before. I am 21, and even though this is a show that was made originally for preteens, it is a show that watches reality shows or someone who loves comedies. It also has great and original characters who are each given their own quirks and qualities. My two favorite characters in this show, Mike and Gwen, personify the highlights that this show brings to the highest level.
  • The Only Canadian Cartoon I Am A Fan Of

I love the Total Drama franchise. While it is done in Adobe Flash, the show itself is well done. Every single character on the show has their own personality such as Gwen's gothic appearance but good nature, Duncan's rebellious nature, Courtney's perfectionism, Heather's ego, Dj being the gentle giant, and Bridget's kind heart. The relationships are among the best reasons to watch the show and I love watching AMVs about the couples. Out of all the Canadian shows that air on Cartoon Network, this is the only truly great one.

In Total Drama: Revenge of the Island, new characters were added and they themselves got their own personalities that differ from the original cast, showing that this show had a staff was really putting in some effort.

Each challenge faced was rarely done twice and further shows effort done with the show.
  • Perfect!

Who said Canadians can not make good cartoons? of them suck but this one is incredible! it is like big brother and so real! the suspense is great and makes great . one of my favourite shows and I can not wait for total drama all stars!
  • Amazingly real

This show seemed more real than most reality shows. My favorite thing about the show: the suspense during elimination and the calling of contestants that were saved. The fact that everybody can love or hate a character, as well as familiarizing with others, makes this show good for everyone. Character development was greater than any series, in its time as well as this one. Definitely the best of all the Total Drama series.
  • As The Saying Goes

Nothing can beat the original and this tired quote applies to this series as well. I remember years ago first learning about and watching this season because I heard it was witty and funny. To my pleasant surprise viewers were right that this show was a great parody of the reality tv format that we all either love or loathe. After re watching this season years later I was ecstatic for it to be as great as I first viewed it. Not only does this show appeal to wide demographic but 6 years later this season has aged considerably well.

The best parts of this season was the cast as they all were diverse and complimented each other well raising the comedy to new heights. Despite all the toilet humor the producers used it well and never made it annoying or unnecessary at times. Plus the addition of the host and Chef were genius in giving them dark humor that was funny, rather than making them come off to the audience as evil. The plot of having 22 teens fight to win 100,000 dollars by any means no matter what the challenge made the show even more entertaining.

The only con I could think of was at times the eliminations were pretty predictable which took the fun away from the episodes and made Chris's comments about their being a shocking elimination even less credible. Nonetheless this was a great season that will always be the best of the entire series and be able to be enjoyed years from now or please fans who constantly re watch.

I know this review is hella long but I want to conclude with this statement. I have only seen all of TD Action & bits of TD World Tour, and while if your curious and want to watch these seasons. I do not recommend them as they don't even stack up to Total Drama Island's comedy, wittiness, challenges or cast. I mean their are only so many times you can watch the same characters put their lives on the line for challenges before you want different people to bring something fresh to the series.
  • Totally Hilarious

I absolutely LOVE this show. And it probably have to be one of the good shows from Cartoon Network (along with Adventure Time).

This show is about 22 teens at a run-down camp on a reality TV show, hosted by Chris McClain. They are divided into 2 teams and have to compete in various challenges each week.

At first I wasn't too sure about the show, but I have been proven wrong.

The characters are just so fantastic! Yes, there are some characters that I dislike (Heather, for example), but they have a good character development.

The humor is awesome, as well. There is some toilet humor and gross jokes then and there, but at least the producers did a good job at it, unlike other shows that have failed at good toilet humor.

I give this show a 10/10!
  • This and Danny Phantom are both similar

Did u know total drama island is way similar to Danny phantom?
  • what i think

i think that sesone 5 teams sould be the battle of the sexes
  • This Was Great

This Was great series by canada because in the begining it was just like regular real competitive reality tv series because it was realistic fiction which gave the creators and extra hand up for audience like in a reality competitive series those people had to be picked out by audition tapes and stuff but not these people they could create all there contestants with there custom personalities but the show show started getting uninteresting when it stoped being realistic fiction.
  • the series that started it

Five words: THIS IS AN AWESOME SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • OK Show

Total Drama is an animated reality show about teens competing, backstabbing, making friends and foes all for a million dollars hosted by Sadist Chris McLean. The show is boring at points and it feels rushed alot of times. The person who is going home is obvious most of the time. The animation is good though. . I used to love this show back when I was 11.. now I'm 15. Season 4 is my favorite season out of all so far. If it wasnt for Season 4 I would give this show a 5.5, but because of season 4 I'm giving it a 6.

• A group of teenagers try to win money on a reality show hosted by sadistic celebrity Chris McClain.

Okay, I needed to review this show. In my opinion, this show is... overrated. It's got some funny moments, but it seems like everyone likes this show. I might be stupid for thinking this and you can correct me otherwise, but I believe that this show is what caused CN Real to exist. Seriously, it's the first "reality" show Cartoon Network had, so they must have thought "Hey, reality shows get ratings, let's make some live-action ones!" Like I said, I could be wrong in my beliefs. Well, other than my problems with TDI/A taking CN down the drain, the characters are pretty bland, I know that's part of the humor, but still. I can still say that Chris is awesome though and that's why I like this show. So I can pretty much say that it's an okay show that I can watch when I'm bored, but I shouldn't overdo it. I give this show a B.
  • Love it!

This show's good, even though it might not be good for younger kids due to some of the humor involved. I loved the original cast. Lindsay was my favorite. She was so pretty and nice, even though she was kind ofno..VERY stupid. xD It sucks that she got two-timed by that harpy Heather. Gwen was also a favorite of mine. Her and Trent were a really cute couple. I haven't really followed up since Owen won the original game, but I seen stuff that said she and DUNCAN were together? Heh, I bet Courtney pissed. Whatever. She was annoying and bossy anyway. She was like Heather taken down a few notches. I see they have a totally different cast now, but I'll always love the original!!

Final Grade: A+
  • Spoof of Survivor.

Really nice, but there are some flaws.

Plot: 22 teens in a summer camp, has to partake in physical and mental challenges around in a natural environment. They're divided into two teams. Seemed simple, but there's something will happen that you won't expect.

Characters: Very few annoying ones, many favorable ones. They are detailed correctly in their agendas and back stories. They all have unique personalities. Voice acting is nice.

Humor: Yeah, the show even relies on humor than drama! This show is more of a comedy. They mostly use sarcastic humor, feuds, mistakes, foolishness, and most of all, their breakdowns. Each one of the teens has issues, and the way those issues show up, is in a good, funny way.

Art: Perfect, also in complete detail, nice animation movement. Nice animation so far.

Overall: 9.5. Little flaws about some characters, but it's no big deal.
  • Soooooooooo Sucky

What??? I cant express how stupid and lame this show is. I have pure hatred for this crap.
  • Cool show! But it has some flaws...

I'll write this review later, I need to go to my school field trip now.
  • A spin off of the hit show survivor that hilarious and so entertaining.

Ok I think this was a really good show on Cartoon Network. Now this show doesn't come anywhere close to beating Regular Show but you have got to give this show a chance. Well this show is mainly for teenagers because it hs some language in it. It has violence and they show some people naked but it is blocked out and there are people making out in this show but other than that the show is really good. Now the inapropriate stuff isn't why I lowered the score you have to read my review to find out why I did lower the score. Ok this show is a spin off of survivor the characters are the host: Chris McLean, Chef, the campers: The team Screaming Gophers: Gwen, Trent, Heather, Cody, Lindsey, Beth, Izzy, Owen, LeShawna, Noah and Justin. (And no this isn't the order of elimination) And the Killer Bass: Geoff, Bridgette, DJ, Tyler, Katie, Sadie, Courtney, Eziekiel, Duncan, Eva, and Harold (and no this isn't the elimination order either.) Now I'm not going to review all the characters or this review will be really long. My favorite characters would have to Chris the host, LeShawna, And Lindsey. Now the Christ the host just cracks me up he makes me laugh so hard and some people find him annoying and mean but I don't. LeShawna is a fat negro girl who cracks me up as well. Lindsey is a dumb blonde girl who is so dumb it cracks me up. Now my least favorite character is Heater, I hate Heater. I mean she broke up 3 couples, betrayed 2 people, and almost killed 1 person. So I lowered a point for that. Now I think that the challenges are really creative and I love watching them. And the campfire ceremonies (where someone gets voted off) are so fricken intense that I'm on the edge of my seat watching who's getting sent home. Overall a really great show you have to give a chance. 9/10.
  • Awesome!!

Total Drama is a fun-filled show for all ages, i think its great, and its my favourite show ever! And to all those people who think that is is a so called 'spoof' off survivour and stuff, DUH! Thats kinda the point, thumbs up, if you think its an AWESOME show!:D:D

• If this was a real reality show, ratings would go up by the thousands.

I just don't get it. What do people not like about this show? Yes, there is vomit, farts, and that general toilet humor, but this show actually utilizes it well. And this is coming from Canada. Or the "ugly colors." Seriously, guys? If you think this show is disgusting, then DON'T watch it. Now here is my review:

First, the characters. I've heard that they're generic, and they are somewhat stereotypical. But as the episodes progress, their personalities get more fleshed out and you can actually see some character development. Heather is the main antagonist, and will get you insulting her. That means the producers actually did a good job with her character. These types of characters are what the show has, that other shows need. Characters that make you feel something.

The plot. Now, it's supposed to be a parody of reality shows and "Survivor." It's basically about twenty two teenagers, who compete in crazy challenges. Each week, one camper is eliminated, and loses the chance to win 100,000 dollars. The last person standing wins the exorbitant amount of money, 100,000 dollars. The format is pretty cool, and it's interesting to see how each challenge pulls out, as well as the campfire/elimination scene.

Finally, the humor. Although I have to agree that it has a lot of toilet humor, it still works in a funny way. There's also a lot of insane moments, like bears, mines, and just other crazy stuff.

Ultimately, Total Drama Island is a great show, with an interesting plot, good characters, and the insanest moments. Watch it! It's a good show.
  • It's the perfect reality show.

Just a note for everyone. It wasn't made by Cartoon Network or the US. It was made in Canada.

This is a great show, and the people who dislike it, are honestly overreacting. It's funny, dramatic, insane and just awesome.

Season 1 - Season one is the classic. It's perfect, funny and dramatic. People are seriously overreacting about the content, as this show wasn't made for little kids. Overall Season One gets a 9/10

Season Two - Yeah, it was pretty decent, but doesn't live up to season one. Overall, 7.5/10

Season Three - Season three was hilarious, awesome and great. IMO it tops TDI. Overall, 9.5/10.

Season Four - New cast, radioactive camp Wawanakwa. Amazing! Love each character, as they are more unique than the old ones and it's just amazing. Overall, 10/10.

Anyway, this is an amazing show. The animation isn't that great, but it improves each season. If you don't like it, there's no need to bash it.
  • Wow, guys. Immature- really.

Anyway, if you want a more thorough and less-bashy version of my review here it is-

The animation is very choppy, not too praise worthy, honestly. The style of animation is a little unnatural and looks kind of awkward.

The characters are very bland and generic- some of them are unbearable to the point where I would like to turn off my TV and do something meaningful with my life like, say, make art or get some exercise. And honestly, at first I had no idea they were supposed to be teenagers. They all look at least 18+ years of age, and to learn that they were actually supposed to be teenagers was a bit of a shock.

The storyline is not very original, having the creativity levels of a flea. I mean really now, how many more cheesy agitating "Survivor" rip-offs do we have to endure before something worth watching comes on?

There were FAR too many seasons. One season was actually more than enough for me, making three was seriously pushing it. There are only so many seasons of certain types of shows that are acceptable. And lastly, this show is not good for young kids. Various scenes of girls getting their clothing ripped off and revealing undergarments, people backstabbing eachother and lying to eachother, people making out, sexual reference, and all other sorts of unsavory topics are not what I deem good television for kids.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8