Total Drama Island

The Aftermath: 1

Aired Unknown Feb 15, 2009 on TELETOON

• Geoff and Bridgette host their first episode of The TDA Aftermath. This episode includes guest appearances by eliminated Cast mates, The campers who didn't make it to TDA, and a giant hammer.

This episode wasn't bad. But then again it wasn't great. This episode tells you a load of things you already know. Like Trent was voted off, Gwen dumped him, and Courtney wants to compete. The only bonus thing info you learn is that Chef wanted to make an alliance with Izzy. Geoff and Bridgette are having relationship problems as Geoff insults her. They break up and surprisingly stop making out... until the end when they fix there relationship problems and make out for a good 2 minuets. The internet was right when it said that campers would be seen for "The Sidelines" and by that they mean sit there and say maybe one line each (unless you are Noah and Ezekiel who say absolutely nothing). I gave this episode a 7 because it was a good excuse to stop us from getting us an elimination episode. A legit good episode thanks to the great only line by Cody: "Gwen's hot and I have her bra."
  • Geoff and Bridgette get to host a new show called TDA aftermath. Spoilers alert

At the begining of the episode I was like where's the recap. Then, I noticed The TDA letters were floating. was that the new theme song but then I relized, Oh this is just another part of TDA: TDA aftermath. It was really funny. I loved how one of my favorite characters, Eva (don't ask why. she's awesome.) got more screen time and when she pretends to be someone else saying on her phone, "Go Team Eva!" Also we learn that Trent DIDN'T get 9 as his lucky number. It wasn't T-r-e-n-t (5 letters) and G-w-e-n(4 letters) add them together to make 9 it was. a train he got from his uncle when he died, one of the wheal's fell off so 9 was his lucky number. I still can't believe Gwen did that. Plus, we got to see Geoff+Bridgette battle it out. It was a very good episode.
  • So Geoff and Bridgette have a new show of their on, and is great!

It was a fun episode, the writers seem to still have a bunch of good ideas under their sleeves...

Somehow Geoff and Bridgette manage to pitch their own show recapping what's going on on TDA and more, the whole bit was hilarious and Izzy made the "show" even better, I'm still waiting for Courtney to be back in the competition, I mean, she's on the intro of TDA as a contestant, not so much as a "viewer" ever since this season started. although now that Trent is out, i see little case about her returning to the contest at all.

One thing I'll say for the writers, as much as for this episode and 6Teen, they sure know how to write great love songs, (6teen's "You're the Reason" from "Snow Job" it's a great song!!) too bad they don't sell the soundtracks like most Animes do, (and don't bother emailing me saying "TDA and 6Teen ain't animes, Animes are from Japan" -I KNOW that, I was pointing Animes out as an example!!!-) I'd buy the damned album, that's for sure, and if you pay attention, Trent seems to have sang 2, (not one) songs in this episode, both kinda cool...

I really was satisfied with these "show inside the show" idea (the yeti webcam was great!) and I for one, hope they bring more episodes like that.

Enjoy!!
  • This episode was upsetting.

I love Gwen and Trent and this is my favorite song i hope Trent will forgive Gwen everyone makes mistakes and they are so cute together I would go out with him.Gwen made a mistake but it was kinda a good reason and she's gonna pay for it because of Justin and his fists of death!I loved the part with Izzy and Chef and I hope Chef isn't there in season 3 which was confirmed and Cody still has the bra lol!I am neutral on the situation cause Trent would have been voted off any way but I wish things would have gone better.Courtney is going to kill Duncan and her and Michael (who ever that is) are going to sue the pants off of the show lol.