Totally Spies!

Saturday 6:00 AM on Cartoon Network Premiered Nov 03, 2001 Between Seasons

CyberCartoon

Totally Spies! Fan Reviews (153)

• Another fabulous cartoon Network show where it is quite unfortunate they decided to give it the ax.

I have not heard about this show or seen it in a long time, so it is very likely it got Canceled. Dang it, but at least it was an awesome action-packed animated show which was great while it lasted. Totally Spies had some good plots and storylines too, since they are nice and cool High School girls that try to do their best in their normal lives since they have a big secret that is dangerous to leak out, and that secret is that they are secret agents who work under WHOOP Headquarters with their Boss Jerry. It is so entertaining to watch them take on all of these criminal masterminds from ruling the world by stopping them with great tactics and their awesome spy skills that they have been trained for. So there is usually two themes, a spy theme and a school and/or home theme where Clover, Sam, and Alex are usually shown where some sort of action takes place. I found it always interesting to see them in a wide variety of episodes discovering particular baddies and their cunning plans as of how to stop them so WHOOP can throw them in Jail. But not just a Jail, probably also a High Security Prison for them too. So the ending towards my review here are these last words: Good job Totally Spies, you're another great show that i miss because you're also canceled. No one can probably find much better spy-themed superb action-packed shows like you.
  • It is a fun show to watch

I gotta say, the show was very exciting as it felt like you have your three average girls who try to live a double life. It was one of the shows I liked to watch when I was younger.
  • Hysterically awesome

Love it.
  • Totally golden

Awesome show with three beautiful girls that are just so fab to watch nonstop action package spy fun felt.
  • Look at all the pretty colors!

Totally Spies is one of those shows that's very obviously made for kids. The high-pitched voices, lack of actual violence despite situations that would call for it in reality, and all of the pretty colors make it kid-friendly.

The animation itself is fun, too. Much of it is realistic, and what isn't still manages to be funny and entertaining. I would rate the show as a 10 for its plots (even though some were sort of lame) but I have to give it a 9 simply because many of the situations the spies ended up in were, if the show was geared towards adults, ones that would seriously imply forced sexual situations. But, more than that, this show portrays all three girls as incredibly superficial. While they do pull their act together in time to save the world, you can bet they'll be back to pretentious "deepness" while we wait for the expected shallow-ness to kick in. As a girl, I found myself cringing even as a preteen at many of the ways these girls behaved. If boys take their cue from this show, they'll have no idea how to talk to a real one. I don't know of any real-life girls who act like the spies do, but it *is* a cartoon. Do any of you really expect people to try and take over the world using nail polish, shoes, pizza, or chocolate? If so, maybe TS is *too* mature for you.

All that said, Totally Spies is still awesome. The animation, personalities (the real ones, when they show through) unique plots, and the frequency at which these girls "fall in love" upon spotting a cute guy round out the show in a more positive than negative way. The romance stuff squicks me out a bit even as an adult now, considering it's so appearance-based, but overall, this show is greatly entertaining and fun to watch. :)
  • why Stuart snyder

even though Ima boy and I aint gay this was maahh... show i loved this show so much with the detectives and the mision a signing butler or what ever it's just been a long time
  • Sure was a good run before it got screwed by the network

Totally Spies was a very good show up until Season 6. I don't know why or how this happened, but S6 was NOT so great. Who knows it was the next Powerpuff Girls or something
  • Totallyspiespleasedontstop

I really really love totally spies even if im grown up because for some reason its like im addicted to it because the show is so fun . Please have more seasons coming i really love the high school,bestfriends goals and the funny jokes they the show is very funny and have already watch from season 1 till season six until i went to google see that the seasons of totally spies is just left with 6 only. :((( :((( NOOO PLEASE CONTINUE THE SHOW I LOVE IT SO FFFFFFF a really cute funny and interesting spy MUCH?I LOVE YOU TOTALLY WE GOO OOO hehheheh ^>^ muah please continue okaiiiss?
  • Like, hello! This is the greatest cartoon series of its kind, ever!

A really cool show if you ask me. Not only it combines the american animation with japanese animation in a cool way. The colours used in it reflect a very pink and fuzzy philosophy. The characters are very different from each others. We got Sam who's the brains of the team. Then, we got Clover who's the leader of the team, and is constantly obsessed with fashion and with her looks, and then, we got Alex, the clumsy and funny one, who's always trying to behave like a professional, but ends up doing all wrong. And of course, let's not forget Jerry, the Spies boss, who's quite sarcastic when it comes to sarcastic jokes and Mandy, the girls nemesis and rival. All of them are great characters, because they're so different from each others. The series itself revolves around the busy life of Sam, Alex and Clover. Not only they have to go to school every day, and try to have a normal teenage life, but they have to save the world every week from the freakiest villains that ever appeared in a cartoon series, while dealing with their own problems, like shopping and getting dates for Friday night. A great show indeed, which tells us that the life of teenagers is never easy, even if they're not spies.

A wonderful series, and it deserves a very big 11 in a scale from 1 to 10!
  • Sam, Alex, and Clover are spies for WOOHP.

Totally Spies has been my favorate show ever since it was first aired on Fox Family (which is now called abc family). I was very happy when I heard it was going to be on Cartoon Network. I can't believe they didn't show season five, because I saw some of those episodes on the web and they were totally great! Especially that one crossover episode; Totally Mystery Much? I thought Alex and Martin would make a perfect couple. It's just too bed they only did one MM and TS crossover. I wonder if they have that episode on dvd. It would be so cool of there was a scene where instead of Sam, Alex, and Martin going to WOOHP, they would go to the Center. I want to see how Sam and Alex would react if they saw it, especially if they met Billy or Java.
  • Totally Spies was Totally Awesome

Totally Spies was one of my favorite series to watch as a kid. The plot is about three teenage girls: Sam, Alex, and Clover, who are spies and travel around the world to fight the same time, they deal with their problems as well, It is James Bond meets Sailor Moon meets The Powerpuff Girls. The animation is bold with an anime-seque designs, the characters are amiable, the action scenes are entertaining to watch, the jokes are hilarious, the music is fantastic including the theme song. Each episode might get repetitive, yet it is fun to watch.

• Loved this show!

Oh, how I loved this show! IT was definitely one of my favorite shows of all times, besides Ed Edd n Eddy and Spogebob. I loved everything about this show, the girls(Clover being my favorite), the gadgets(they were always so cute and stylish), and the missions. And when I found out that this show came from France, I was like double-YES! I"ve been taking high school French for 3 years now, so I even decided to watch a couple of episodes in French and it was awesome because I was able to understand most of it. *Sniff sniff* I was so sad when this show ended. But, I am still yet to watch the movie! I don't think it has come out in English yet, but I can always try to watch it in French, so no worries!
  • A cartoon about three teenage girls that are spies and they save the world.

The show is about three girls named Sam, Alex and Clover that work for WOOHP(World Organization Of Human Protection) as spies. They are always summoned by their boss, Jerry. He always tell them that there is trouble and he gives them gadgets on their missions, which various ones are pretty cool and interesting to me. They go after villains who want revenge and/or take over the world. The villains in this show are very good. Some of them are awesome, boring and a little bizarre. I also like the animation, plot and humor in this show which is very interesting and fun. The show is very cool and action packed and it never bores me. Plus, It's like Charlie's Angels except with animation.
  • Awesome..

the amazing spiez is also very awesome and funny think that totally spies is better!!!! :)
  • Totally Spies was something.

Ah totally Spies, as a guy, I'm not ashamed to say that I did watch this show when I was young. I still remember when the show first debuted on Cartoon network way back in the day and I was a little skeptical.

The plot takes place in Beverly Hills, California and revolved around 3 high school girls who were students by day and spies by night (most of the time). The characters consisted of.

-Samantha *Sam*. Initially, she was the smart and academic achieving one. However, along the way, she became a bit more of a hypocrite. Some would say she was the more level headed one of the trio. Her spy uniform color was Green.

-Clover who was more of the valley girl stereotype. All she cared about most of the time was clothes/fashion, looking good, BOY OBSSESSED, and generally, other superficial things the stereotypical Beverly Hills girl would be. When it came to spy work, she mostly came in handing with observation skills. Her spy uniform color was red.

-Alexandra *Alex* who was more of the clumsy, somewhat ditzy, and sporty type. She was definitely the "muscle" of the group. She wasn't very smart but she was really dependable most of the time even though she did make some mistakes during missions. When it came to spy work, she was pretty much used as the "brawn" of the group.

Other characters included.

-Jerry. He is the boss of the main characters and runs Woohp (World Organization of Human Protection). He usually is just their to provide the girls with their assignment, give them special gadgets to help them out, and moral support/advice. He does occasionally go out on the field and has shown he knows how to handle himself just as much as the girls.

-Mandy. She is pretty much the person who the girls despise at school and it's not hard to seE WHY> She's rude, obnoxious, arrogant, and just an all around bitch. She also has an annoying high pitched voice that grates on your ears, especially when she throws a tantrum. I would include her friends Dominique and Caitlin but they seriously don't do anything. The only time they had a bit more screen time was in the season 4 finale special, "Totally They don't really have much to add though.

-Arnold. He's pretty much the school nerd stereotype. He is usually seen helping either Clover or Mandy with their school campaigns or in about 2 or 3 episodes, served as a somewhat villain (he wasn't really in control when he was the villain). He seems to get along most with Sam and Alex than Clover who usually pokes at his nerdy traits and unpopularity.

Anyway, on to the show. The show usually has the girls doing a mission that is linked to a personal problem the girls are going through in ttheir school life most of the time. In this sense, the show is kind of repetitive in that regard. Most of the villains are stupid or idiotic to be honest, and some of their reasons why they became villains are kind of dumb as well.

But the show, at least at the time was pretty fun to watch. I mostly stayed for the action as it had quite a bit of it in the beginning. I think of this show as a kid friendly version of Charlie's Angels. I wil lsay though that I really didn't like the voice change with Jerry & Alex. The new voices did sound all that good to me and I preferred their older voice actors, especially Jerry's.

What about their parents? Their parents are only seen a handful times in the first 2 seasons. In season 3, their mothers go out on a business vacation in Europe so the girls move into a villa house together. You don't really their parents, or at least, their mothers until the season 4 finale "Totally

I have to admit that I do believe the show started to dwindle in quality after the season 3 premiere episode. This is just my opinion though. I still stuck around and continued to watch but I definitely like the first two seasons more. I especially didn't like much of the college episodes.

Now onto the other things of the show. I think that my least favorite character was David, a character who was added in season 2. He was thrown in to be the love interest for all the girls which caused some slight tension in the trio. Now, David was a nice enough guy but my issue with him is that he just came off as too perfect. I don't know why, it just annoyed me a lot and it was worse when he acted oblivious to the girls obvious crush on him though I personally believe he knew of it but just kept quiet so they didn't ruin their friendship over him. Personally, I saw him as a good fit for Sam.

My favorite villain on the show would have to be Geraldine, a former Woohp Agent who wanted to get revenge on the organization and overthrow them. Her reason for becoming a villain was pretty good and I liked her style. She's like a parody of a James Bond villain so I did enjoy her quite a bit and she makes 3 or 4 returns.

Now to the negative.

As I watched the show,. I do feel that the main characters can be annoying and rub people the wrong way. In season 3, I feel that the characters' personalities went more exaggerated only Sam became a much more vapid character even though she was the smart one. Alex became a lot more dumb. All the girls have that superficial, vain, shallow, type of trait that can definitely turn off some people. I mean, I guess it should be expected since the girls live in Beverly Hills but still, you can't help but notice it. They aren't as bad as Mandy as they learn their lessons in the episode (only to forget in the next) but I still believe Mandy is much worse.

Another problem I have was the whole "spy gene" presented in season 4. Apparently, the girls were born with a "spy gene" that influenced the girls spying abilities and was the reason why they were picked to work for Woohp. I just thought the concept was stupid and felt it was better to believe that these girls were just specially trained to become spies. I wish they would have went with something a little less... I don't know. It didn't help that Jerry started referring to the girls as "Super Spies!" that just sounded lame.

And as for the comment, "Why do all the guys look so feminine?" It's because the males follow the "bishounen" stereotype. This stereotype is that the male love interest looks youthful, thin, and non-threatening. This is usually seen in most anima shows aimed at girls.

One other issue I had is how the girls seemed to be the center of everything for Woohp. Sometimes, you'd forget that Woohp had other agents that worked for them but you may as well have because the girls seemed to do most of the work. This is just a small nitpick I guess but it just bugged me a little that it seemed like the girls were the only active agents of the organization.

Anyway, even though I'm not a big fan of the later seasons after season 3 at best, the show was pretty good. I'm a little double sided with the show coming back in 2013 with season 6. I mean, they were able to get the original VAs so that's a plus but it just feels weird since it was gone for so long, especially since the series finale (at the time) was pretty solid and felt like a good ending.

Would I recommend this show? It depends. If you can try not to take the show too seriously then yes, I would.

The only reason I'm giving it a 7 is because I really didn't care for much of the later seasons but still, a decent enough show for the time when it came out.
  • Three teenage spies go around solving the world's problems.

2.5
    I think I've seen this show before. She Spies? Yeah... I think so. It's bad, really bad. I don't even know where to start. The writing? The animation? Oh my god, it is bad. Why is it still on the air? Why am I even writing this review? I'm wasting my time.
  • Apparently this show was the unfortunate product of two groups asking for more air time: The Annoying Actors Guild and the Center for Extremely Superficial People.

This is one of the most annoying shows I have ever seen in my life. The characters are all rotten, the plots are ridiculous, and the animation stinks like a fish left out in the sun.

Apparently this show was the unfortunate product of two groups asking for more air time: The Annoying Actors Guild and the Center for Extremely Superficial People and I have never seen a worse combination of the two. The girl’s main concerns tend to be: Am I popular, and do I have a boyfriend? That’s it. That’s all they ever complain about. Even while being spies and saving the world, that’s all they ever complain about. These girls apparently think saving the world is secondary to their own personal gains. No, I’m sorry. I don’t buy this. I don’t buy that the world’s safety was entrusted to three shallow whining idiots.

Shallow Whining Idiots with terrible voices. Apparently the Annoying Actors Guild, put their best actors in this show…and by “best” I mean “worst.” Every time they open their mouths I think somebody stepped on a cat. You get the feeling they sandpaper their vocal cords every morning and evening. Combine this with the Valley Girl dialect, and you get the sensation that machetes are being hammered into your skull.

And these are just the spies! Imagine what the villains are like, because they are required to sound worse then the spies to make you “dislike” them. Their high school rival alone makes sounds like people are electrocuting cats. Believe you me, it adds salt to those machetes in your brain.

The plots of this exercise in irritation are the classic spy type crazy-moron-wants-to-take-over-the-world-by-destroying-it kind of deal. Now I know that’s pretty standard for this kind of spy show, but those kinds of things grate on my nerves. The problem: It’s too unrealistic and I don’t buy it. And while I realize that on some level it’s supposed to unrealistic, having it happen 104 times is a little ridiculous. They’d have to be saving the world every single day to do it through one grade. Heck, even James Bond has only had to save the world 21 different times!

And now the animation. Now, before anyone starts, ordinarily I have no problem with anime. It’s not my first choice for animation, but I do watch it and enjoy it. So I don’t understand how you could make anime as annoying and stupid as this show does. Now, I know it’s not uncommon for shows to combine anime techniques with western animation, but this is just unfair. It’s unfair in the fact that it tries too hard to be anime, it tries really, really hard, and the result is a show that can’t decide what it wants to be; anime or western? Western or anime? The bottom line: many shows can pull off anime techniques and have it look natural. This poor mess can’t.

So there you have it; idiocy, annoyance, implausibility, and bad animation all in one convenient package. It’s like the package deal from Hell so if you don’t like getting vivid glimpses of Hell, you might as well skip out on Totally Spies.
  • As a human being I find this show completely and utterly appauling

0.7
    Even for a cartoon this show has a huge lack of perspective and is unrealistic. I think this show is just a cheap rip off of Kim Possible. This show is about three anorexic teens that are spies. This show is so bad I don’t see how any body likes it, it isn’t funny, interesting or suspenseful. The plots are boring and unoriginal. I just don’t understand how three walking skeletons can pack such a punch, they also reinforce a bad “ohh I broke a nail stereotype” The one good thing about the show is that the animation is alright.
  • Over the past few years, i've been on and off Totally Spies, but it is immense!!

I'm now 18 years old, and I still love to tune into Jetix and watch Totally Spies, especially now that the new series is being aired.

A good show for me has good characters, and Alex is my favourite of the girls, always has been, always will be. Now that they are all at university, I think it just adds to their personalities and adventures.

The storylines are always good, with great action scenes, and this is a reason to watch.

One thing I don't particularly like is the fact that Sam, Alex and Clover are the stereotypical image of American girls, but then again, you can't imagine them all being obese tomboys etc etc.

Overall, I've been a fan of this show for around 4 years, and I still love it :D
  • Good

Yes at first I didn't think I would like this show because it seemed like a total girl show but I watched it and liked it sure their is girl stuff in it but besides that it is a good show it has good parts in the show it is a very good show with action/adventure parts and good characters Sam,Clover,Alex,Jerry and even the witch Mandy are good charecters the voice actors are great to the creators and storyline creators are very good at knowing what to make for the characters act like great voice overs great storylines great animation this show gets a 10
  • Totally Spies rocks! It is a show about these like, chicks, who go missions to benefit all humankind. There are villains and they must be stopped. Oh no! But Sam, Clover and Alex are up to it, as well to catty games with arch-nemesis Mandy Delaroyale.

Totally Spies is better than anime, because the characters actually look like human beings, rather than having eyes that fill one's whole face and pink hair. The good things about anime has are giant robots, Cutey Honey, Desu, and tentacle monsters. Tragically, the snobs who like to argue about what 'real anime' is, never appreciate that, cause they want artistic bullcrap like Evangelion. I'd now say, "Amiright?" But I *KNOW* that I'm right, you buncha pale weeaboos. Anyhow, Totally Spies is a triumph of American Animation. It had episonage type intrigue, cool tech stuff, a bald British guy, cute girls in tight outfits, and catfights between Mandy and Clover. Weeeeeeee! It paid homage to Charlies Angels and other great 70s stuff. Sadly the show was cut down in it's prime, for it would've been comparable to Sliced Jesus had it kept going.
  • The Adventure of Three Best Friends Fighting Evil Around the World...

A Really Decent and Unexpected Cartoon. Very Creative Graphics and Ideas, way Better than lots of Other Cartoons.
    I Enjoy the Fact that Almost in Each Episode the Spies wear Different Clothes/Outfits, that makes me Like the show Even More. Another thing I like is that Many of the Villians Decide to get Revenge, and not just Leave like Nothing Ever Happened. One last thing that Makes this Show not like Others is that they Go/Travel to Missions all Around the World, one Time it's a Tropical Island, the Other it's a Popular City like New York! My main Message is that Everyone Should try Watching this Awesome Show!
  • Its alright

This is a show about 3 action-packed spies. We actually see how they enjoy being a spy while just being a teen-fashion, friends. The first time i watched this show, i just felt like i was in the show and just hitting those villians. Being inspired by their girl power, i felt like girls can be as tough as guys. Of course, seeing an old man like Jerry fight villians like that was totally funny. I was like, "Look at that man move!" I find this show suitable for all ages. They have no bad words inside and they use profound english so that the little children can learn those words. Girl power!
  • Not that bad

This show isn't too bad, I hate people who say this is a bad show just because it stars girl spies, because honestly it's not that bad. True it's not very much a show I'd go out of my way for, but it's far from the 2's and 3's this show gets. In it girl spies work for WHOOP and stop the forces of evil from taking ove the world, and sometimes they get caught up in their plans. Overall, it's a dcent show, some humor is boring, the stories are good, and the characters are good. So it's a good show. 8/10 B-
  • Not just for girls!

It is a good spy show. People think it is just for girls but the is simply not the case. I like the show because i am a fan of spy comedies. So this is a good show. It is about three high school girls who are WOOHP spies. If you watch it and enjoy it let me know.
  • Now I feel guilty that I ever watch that show. I hate how it was created. The main Female characters are so snoblish. The plot is so stupid. And a matter of fact, the main Female characters have hardly any personality. I have ideas to make the show better

The show was not done very well at all. Why in the world did I waste my time watching this. The main female character agents are really snoblish and heartless. They main characters have about no real persoanality in them. And the plot and theme are bad. But enough of the negative talk, I may have ideas to make it better.

I think there maybe a chance for a much better remake of it. The girls should not leve in Beveray Hills and be snoblish and live in some other major city. I would hope the girls would be kinder but still with flaws. Maybe have each story take up more then one episode to make it more like a James Bond feel. Maybe one of the girls should be a Tom boy. It would make more interesting and see would be really good with guns and Martial Arts, better then the 2 others. This hopefully will be a better idea.
  • I Love this show Marathon Made it 2!!!!!!!

Well totally spies are about 3 tennage girls who work for World Organization Of Human Protection (WOOHP) and fight villains to save the world so before they go on a mission Jerry (their boss) calls them from anywhere like school,at the mall,or even like when they were in chemistry class like in "Totally Spy Much" when the were doin a project. My Favorite episode is "Totally Mystery Much" well because a certain person is in it who i LOVE so just think of the name Mystery and well he is also my picture
  • Just any show to tune in whenever theirs nothing else on

6.4
    what I like about this show is that the main characters do always change clothes unlike other shows. Other shows mostly have the same character wearing the same clothes everytime they show up and its kind of funny when they open their wardrobe or closet and its filled with the same outfits. This totally spies show is really good I watch this show when I get a chance to. Although it hasnt been airing lately...hopefully it will come back because this show is good(atleast I like it better than spongebob which I barely watch now)this show is cool because it shows that girls are really strong and they can be in action just like superhero guys it shows that girls can fight! and that they got skills too.
  • Good - if nothing else is on...

6.1
    These days there seem to be a lot of shows about teenagers - or even younger kids(!) - "saving the world" and I find Totally Spies one of the most watchable ones.

The show has a sense of humour and the three girls are pretty much like what teenager girls should be - competing for boys and complaining about frogs' inside.

However, you need to bear with the villains in this series, because they are often rather corny, and not in a funny way.

Another problem of the show is it's often missing any simple logic (fighting on the top of a PLANE, "secret spies" making themselves seen on TV, etc.)

Also, the episodes don't differ that much from each other. If you've seen one episode, you've seen them all - or at least most.

All in all, I do think this show is somewhat entertaining if you are bored but truth is, there are many better stories out there.
  • The show gets nicer and nicer.

Especialcally with the 3 teens Sam , Clover and Alex and of course, founder of WOOHP,Jerry Lewis,makes the show more exciting.

Watch as they fight evil villans such as Tim Scam and Jerry's evil twin brother,Terrance Lewis.

In Totally Spies the code to enter WOOHP is 136.

The favoured helicopter of the villains of Totally Spies seems to be the Mi-24 Russian attack helicopter, as it is featured in most episodes involving a bad guy using a copter transport.

In the episode "Super Agent Much?" people somewhat like Martin, Marvin, and Diana from the animated cartoon "Martin Mystery" appear as cameos.

Disney Channel Asia : Monday to Friday : 3.00pm 7.00pm and 10.00pm

Saturday and Sunday: 9.00am, 9.30am, 3.00pm, 3.30pm

Hope you will watch it PS.: Hope you like it!
< 1 2 3 4 5 6