Totally Spies!

Saturday 6:00 AM on Cartoon Network Premiered Nov 03, 2001 Between Seasons

CyberCartoon

Totally Spies! Fan Reviews (147)

• Totally Spies? Eh, nostalgic as a kid but now not so great.

Totally Spies is a show about three girls: Sam, Clover and Alex. Basically they are high school/college girls who were hired by WOOHP to fight crime and they also have to deal with the challenges their daily lives throw at them.

I do admit that I used to enjoy this show as a kid but I have recently watched a few episodes and now I think this show is actually generic and stereotypical. I think that this show should

improve in certain areas and I will explain more in detail. Also, I have decided to add a new topic in the reviews I post in the future: Animation.

Plot:

Samantha 'Sam' Simpson, Clover Enwing and Alex Vasquez are three high school/college girls who are the best of friends. They are also spies for WOOHP, an organisation led by Jerry which is dedicated to fighting crime. As well as dealing with crime, these girls also have to deal with the challenges and chaos in school, especially when their arch-enemy Mandy is around!

OK, so the plot seems like it makes sense but it is quite generic because we've already had other shows where the main characters were spies such as Kim Possible for example and it's also becoming repetitive in every episode. So now I will continue the review by talking about the main characters:

Characters:

The characters are stereotypical (as usual) and they pretty much have little personality. In my opinion, the characters should've had more development but I will explain in detail:

Samantha 'Sam' Simpson: She is the stereotypical girl who is the smartest out of the gang. She's also the leader in the spy missions due to the fact that she has the brains but sometimes she's kind of bossy and rude (but not as rude as Clover or Mandy). Overall, she's pretty much the cookie-cutter good girl and I've had enough of cookie-cutter 'good girl' characters on TV already.

Clover Enwing: She is basically the girl who's obsessed with fashion, boys and taking down Mandy in a fight. She annoys me sometimes due to the fact that she's a bit narcissistic but she is somehow there for her friends when it counts. Sometimes her catchphrases like 'whatever' and 'totally' annoy me aswell and I think she would be a better character if she wasn't a narcissistic boy-crazed freak.

Alex Vasquez: Alex is the tomboy of the group. She is 50% boy-crazy but she's also the type of person that enjoys sports and all those kinds of stuff. Sometimes she doesn't really seem like she's friends with Sam and Clover and she's basically the third wheel of the group so that's all I have to say about her.

Jerry: He is the leader of WOOHP and he is the one who explains the missions to the spies and stuff. I can't say much about him either other than the fact that he's a bit bossy sometimes.

GLADIS: She's the robotic gadget distribution device and that's all I can say.

Mandy: I hate this bitch so much. She is more of a narcissist than Clover. She's basically the queen bee and she always tries to take down Clover in their petty fights. Mandy also has her friends (Caitlin and Dominique) following her around and when they didn't show up anymore, Mandy's southern cousin Mindy became part of her little 'followers' group aswell. Mandy also treats people like shit and she looks down on them as if they're beneath her. Sometimes I don't understand why Clover doesn't put this little shit in her place. Also, Mandy is a cross between Molly Garfunkel from Nickelodeon's 'How to Rock' and Lexi Reed from Disney's 'ANT Farm'.

Arnold: He is the stereotypical nerd and he serves as a punching bag for everyone just because he interferes with the missions.

Villains: Most of the villains in the show are pretty stupid. They often have some of the worst reasons to eliminate the spies and they don't even put up a fight. They always lose and it just gets boring and sometimes I root for them to win because I'm fed up of seeing Alex, Clover and Sam win.

Animation:

The animation isn't so bad in my opinion but one of the things I must ask is: Why do the main characters wear brightly coloured spy suits? If they're spies then obviously they should wear darker suits so they can blend in with their surroundings. If an actual spy in real life wore either Sam's green suit, Clover's red suit or Alex's yellow suit then they would easily be caught and then they would be defeated in battle.

Jokes:

I have nothing to say in this area.

Moral values:

Nothing to say here either.

Summary:

Overall, I was planning to give this show a 5 but I've decided to narrow it down to a 3 because of the stereotypes and generic plots the creators added in the show.

• Only loved by Nostalgia!! They're spies yet dress in the three brightest colors in the world!!

I use to like this show when I was younger but now I can't even sit through a minute of it. I hate All the girls. They are the most shallow boy obsessed losers I've ever seen, later in life they would either be single or divorced if this was real life, hilariously they are all single in that episode when they go to the future. Sam is just annoying, Clover is a walking stereotype, and Alex is the stupid Token Minority who is always the third wheel in everything. The show is very repetitive, the villain does something before the opening, the girls have a normal life problem, Jerry calls them, gives them gadgets that will somehow coincidentally save them later, Terrible spying happens (They are the worst pies ever! They're spies yet dress in the three brightest colors in the world!!) They get tied up (because they are the worst spies ever) Jerry's plot device saves them, They beat the bad guy, They solve they normal life problem everyone laughs, repeat.

I hate all the characters the girls are stuck up and shallow, Mandy and her friends (And later cousin Mindy) are bitches, Arnold's a loser. All the other guys on the show are feminine looking love interest that have no personality and stay for one episode.

The villains have personally no personality and are complete idiots. They also have the worst motives (a guy getting rejected by a girl, wanting a guy to like her) They are generic and Saturday cartoon similar.

This show is trash, final score 1/10
  • It is a fun show to watch

I gotta say, the show was very exciting as it felt like you have your three average girls who try to live a double life. It was one of the shows I liked to watch when I was younger.
  • Totally golden

Awesome show with three beautiful girls that are just so fab to watch nonstop action package spy fun felt.
  • Loved this show!

Oh, how I loved this show! IT was definitely one of my favorite shows of all times, besides Ed Edd n Eddy and Spogebob. I loved everything about this show, the girls(Clover being my favorite), the gadgets(they were always so cute and stylish), and the missions. And when I found out that this show came from France, I was like double-YES! I"ve been taking high school French for 3 years now, so I even decided to watch a couple of episodes in French and it was awesome because I was able to understand most of it. *Sniff sniff* I was so sad when this show ended. But, I am still yet to watch the movie! I don't think it has come out in English yet, but I can always try to watch it in French, so no worries!
  • Awesome..

the amazing spiez is also very awesome and funny think that totally spies is better!!!! :)
  • Look at all the pretty colors!

Totally Spies is one of those shows that's very obviously made for kids. The high-pitched voices, lack of actual violence despite situations that would call for it in reality, and all of the pretty colors make it kid-friendly.

The animation itself is fun, too. Much of it is realistic, and what isn't still manages to be funny and entertaining. I would rate the show as a 10 for its plots (even though some were sort of lame) but I have to give it a 9 simply because many of the situations the spies ended up in were, if the show was geared towards adults, ones that would seriously imply forced sexual situations. But, more than that, this show portrays all three girls as incredibly superficial. While they do pull their act together in time to save the world, you can bet they'll be back to pretentious "deepness" while we wait for the expected shallow-ness to kick in. As a girl, I found myself cringing even as a preteen at many of the ways these girls behaved. If boys take their cue from this show, they'll have no idea how to talk to a real one. I don't know of any real-life girls who act like the spies do, but it *is* a cartoon. Do any of you really expect people to try and take over the world using nail polish, shoes, pizza, or chocolate? If so, maybe TS is *too* mature for you.

All that said, Totally Spies is still awesome. The animation, personalities (the real ones, when they show through) unique plots, and the frequency at which these girls "fall in love" upon spotting a cute guy round out the show in a more positive than negative way. The romance stuff squicks me out a bit even as an adult now, considering it's so appearance-based, but overall, this show is greatly entertaining and fun to watch. :)
  • why Stuart snyder

even though Ima boy and I aint gay this was maahh... show i loved this show so much with the detectives and the mision a signing butler or what ever it's just been a long time
  • Totally Spies is a cartoon about three Beverly Hills girls who are "secretly" spies for the agency of WHOOP. Their boss is a British man named Jerry who often gives them odd gagdets as they set out on equally odd missions.

I hate people who are not objective in their scores. There many shows I do not like but I am willing to admit that this is a matter of personal preference rather than actual quatilty. It is only when I find a show that is, for lack of a better word, hopelessly flawed that I will admit to outright loathing. Normally I do not write reviews but after seeing this show get any praise I feel it is necessary to do my part to help others avoid this show. Perhaps I can even convince some current fans of the show of its repugnance. That being said I was originally a fan of Totally spies and watched whenever I could. You may ask yourself why if I hate show so much was I ever a fan. Truth, I am a sucker for cute girls especially girls similar to anime. It was this that lead me to try Sailor Moon and the Powerpuff Girls. I've noticed that most of the reviews of this show mention only nonanime cartoons so it is possible that some of this show's fans are also anime haters. Let me tell you one thing, and this the only time I will make a direct comparison between Totally Spies and another show, I have watched seventy episodes of Sailor Moon and believe it to be a repetitive, mildly amusing show for lttle children so keeping that I think that lowly of Sailor Moon and still like it think about how horrible Totally Spies must have been for someone as accepting as me to hate it. The plot of every episode is nearly identical; girls are called on mission, girls find villian's hideout, girls are captured, villian leaves the room and girls escape in time to stop the villain. The repetitiveness of this show might be excusable if it had some interesting characters in it. However the characters in this show range from shallow to stereotyped. It might actually be a fun game to watch this show and see who can find the most cliches and stereotypes. For starters look at the main characters; we have Clover the dumb blonde who doubles as the ditzy valley girl, Alex the token minority, and Sam who is so shallow she does not even qualify as a stereotype. In all honestly I can think of one characteristic that differs Sam from either Clover or Alex aside from that she generally more competent than either of her friends though really just stupid except with a monotone voice as opposed to Clover's stereotypical valley girl accent and Alex who sounds like she has a cold. Their boss Jerry is the standard British butler except he gives orders instead of taking them. The villains are horrible caricatures even for a cartoon. Several episodes actually have the spies pursuing villains who would never even be arrested in real life. One villains stands up women while another makes fattening cookies. I guess Oreo and dishonest guys are international criminals in the world of Totally Spies. I did not think even the Nazis were that strict. The thing that truly offended me is the horrible attitudes that saturate this show. I like shows like South Park but there is a difference here; audience. I will tolerate South Park because it is obviously an adult comedy that no little kid should see. Totally Spies is definately a children's show at heart so it teaches children terrible morales. For example, anyone who is not a jock or a supermodel is hopelessly stereotyped and treated as ugly. I think cliques are something children should be discouraged from rather than pushed into. The show will try to do good morals but usually ends up ruining them. For example, one episode "Wild Style" tries to give the moral that you should accept others for who they are and not go by what is fashionable. In the episode Clover tries to win a guy who like tall women from another girl named Mandy. In the end the guy become afraid of tall women and therefore takes Clover over the heightened Mandy. So the moral is that you should not alter yourself because the likes of the public are prone to change. This includes the fact that the guy's sole reason for accepting Clover over Mandy in the end has nothing to do with either's personality simply their size. Perhaps the writers of the show realized that no real guy would ever choose either Mandy or Clover as they are both portrayed as equally shallow and ditzy. Refereing back to the cliche game here is a new one; Mandy the mean popular girl. Interestingly the guy Clover is with is never mentioned in future episodes neither are any of the other guys she is seen with. That is another attitude the show spreads; boyfriends are like tissue, only there for your personal convenience. I cannot wait to see what someone who lives like these girls ends up as. Now for my one compliment of the show, the animation. The animation is pretty fluid and I think fairly good. Sorry for all you fans of Totally Spies, but in blunt honesty I think you've been brainwashed by the flashing lights. I hope you can realize one day that Big Brother is NOT watching you.
  • Remember when girl power shows used to be good?

1.5
    I know I am a man, but when a TV shows has girls as the main stars it should be fair that women should be just as awesome as men main stars on TV shows. Look at Wonder Woman in comic books, and the girls of G.I. Joe they were excellent. Today's girl power shows though seem to have forgotten about real girl power, and instead make the main girls as shallow, and stereotypical as possible, and this show is no different from the rest. Totally Spies is about 3 girls named Sam, Clover, and Alex. They seem like ordinary school girls living in Beverly Hills, but they are actually spies and work for WOOHP. Together they all face numerous villains and save the world. The show is another premise that has been done to death, but most of those shows that use it add new features in, and make the characters really good. So this show did that right? Wrong, very wrong. Every character on this show is generic and very stereotypical with no defining personalities. All the girls, including Sam, Alex, and Clover, are all boy obsessed, obnoxious, snobbish, and completely shallow. Also the girls love to use the words "whatever", and "totally". It gets irritating very fast. Every other character is a little better than the girls, but that's not saying much. Jocks are stereotypical, and nerds are portrayed as geeky individuals who do weird stuff. Let me admit right here that I am a nerd, and that not all nerds are weird and shut ins. I know many other nerds, and like me we have lives, a job, and some like me have a girlfriend/boyfriend. The villains are completely awful, and not in the least bit threatening. One villain is obsessed with cleaning, another is about flooding the world with coffee all because he got fired, and another was a man who's heart was broken on Valentine's Day, and disguised himself as a variety of different boys to break other girls' hearts. These are villains? They make Swipper the Fox from Dora the Explorer look almost good. Jerry, the main leader of WOOHP has some background to him, and is the only tolerable character on this show. The episodes are the same 98% of the time. A problem occurs in a part of the world, the girls are summoned to deal with the situation, investigate the area, the girls are captured, they escape through a very convenient plot device, fight bad guy, win, go home, and repeat. So if you have seen one episode you have pretty much seen them all. One thing that always struck me as odd was the fact that WOOHP always knows where the girls are, and everything around the girls is a teleporter to WOOHP. A trashcan in school, a couch, a locker, and so much more. Is all of Beverly Hills above one big hole, and underneath it is a giant base? The humor this show uses is not that good at all, most of it is gags, and some get weak chuckles out of me, and nothing more. The girls are also given gadgets by Jerry, and to be fair they aren't too bad. It's a pretty good reference to James Bond, and some of the gadgets are pretty good. The artwork is decent in this show, but uninspired to say the least, and the animation feels a little stiff and choppy sometimes. Whatever happened to girl power shows like Sailor Moon, or Kim Possible? Those were excellent shows, but Totally Spies is just awful even for both boys and girls. In the end Totally Spies is totally forgettable, totally stupid, and a total waste of time, and is best left avoided.
  • This show was annoying AT TIMES, but, compared to its American ripoff counterpart--Amazing Spiez, it's not that bad now.

Okay, to sort-of agree with the review below me. This show was annoying AT TIMES, but in comparison to the Amazing Spiez, which I have stomached through and had the pleasure of it being canceled in front of my eyes, it's not that bad. In fact, France is pretty cool coming up with stuff like this--and America has the pleasure of ripping it off and creating a, or at least trying to create a, franchise off of it. The girl power in the show was kinda like the Powerpuffs, very subtle and hard to spot...you just had to look hard. Real hard. The only person other than Mandy in the show that annoyed me was Clover. She needs to tone it dooooooooown with the boy-craziness. The villains were kinda flat too...

...all in all, despite my Great! score, the show ranged from good to okay.

Sincerely,

b. impson
  • A cartoon about three teenage girls that are spies and they save the world.

The show is about three girls named Sam, Alex and Clover that work for WOOHP(World Organization Of Human Protection) as spies. They are always summoned by their boss, Jerry. He always tell them that there is trouble and he gives them gadgets on their missions, which various ones are pretty cool and interesting to me. They go after villains who want revenge and/or take over the world. The villains in this show are very good. Some of them are awesome, boring and a little bizarre. I also like the animation, plot and humor in this show which is very interesting and fun. The show is very cool and action packed and it never bores me. Plus, It's like Charlie's Angels except with animation.
  • Not very good to me.

What is really bad about this show is that it's not even good with the spy thing.It's doing it very not good with Atomic Betty and Kim Possible.Why does every animation show has girls have the main spies.These shows have girls as the main spies.I would very much say that this show is very terrible.The animation has got to be not that very good animation than how it made Martin Mystery.Both of those shows look not pretty good and this one is very much a very terrible show.Well,I'm now glad that this show is pretty much cancelled on Cartoon Network.
  • Not that bad

This show isn't too bad, I hate people who say this is a bad show just because it stars girl spies, because honestly it's not that bad. True it's not very much a show I'd go out of my way for, but it's far from the 2's and 3's this show gets. In it girl spies work for WHOOP and stop the forces of evil from taking ove the world, and sometimes they get caught up in their plans. Overall, it's a dcent show, some humor is boring, the stories are good, and the characters are good. So it's a good show. 8/10 B-
  • Totally Spies rocks! It is a show about these like, chicks, who go missions to benefit all humankind. There are villains and they must be stopped. Oh no! But Sam, Clover and Alex are up to it, as well to catty games with arch-nemesis Mandy Delaroyale.

Totally Spies is better than anime, because the characters actually look like human beings, rather than having eyes that fill one's whole face and pink hair. The good things about anime has are giant robots, Cutey Honey, Desu, and tentacle monsters. Tragically, the snobs who like to argue about what 'real anime' is, never appreciate that, cause they want artistic bullcrap like Evangelion. I'd now say, "Amiright?" But I *KNOW* that I'm right, you buncha pale weeaboos. Anyhow, Totally Spies is a triumph of American Animation. It had episonage type intrigue, cool tech stuff, a bald British guy, cute girls in tight outfits, and catfights between Mandy and Clover. Weeeeeeee! It paid homage to Charlies Angels and other great 70s stuff. Sadly the show was cut down in it's prime, for it would've been comparable to Sliced Jesus had it kept going.
  • Like, hello! This is the greatest cartoon series of its kind, ever!

A really cool show if you ask me. Not only it combines the american animation with japanese animation in a cool way. The colours used in it reflect a very pink and fuzzy philosophy. The characters are very different from each others. We got Sam who's the brains of the team. Then, we got Clover who's the leader of the team, and is constantly obsessed with fashion and with her looks, and then, we got Alex, the clumsy and funny one, who's always trying to behave like a professional, but ends up doing all wrong. And of course, let's not forget Jerry, the Spies boss, who's quite sarcastic when it comes to sarcastic jokes and Mandy, the girls nemesis and rival. All of them are great characters, because they're so different from each others. The series itself revolves around the busy life of Sam, Alex and Clover. Not only they have to go to school every day, and try to have a normal teenage life, but they have to save the world every week from the freakiest villains that ever appeared in a cartoon series, while dealing with their own problems, like shopping and getting dates for Friday night. A great show indeed, which tells us that the life of teenagers is never easy, even if they're not spies.

A wonderful series, and it deserves a very big 11 in a scale from 1 to 10!
  • Another fabulous cartoon Network show where it is quite unfortunate they decided to give it the ax.

I have not heard about this show or seen it in a long time, so it is very likely it got Canceled. Dang it, but at least it was an awesome action-packed animated show which was great while it lasted. Totally Spies had some good plots and storylines too, since they are nice and cool High School girls that try to do their best in their normal lives since they have a big secret that is dangerous to leak out, and that secret is that they are secret agents who work under WHOOP Headquarters with their Boss Jerry. It is so entertaining to watch them take on all of these criminal masterminds from ruling the world by stopping them with great tactics and their awesome spy skills that they have been trained for. So there is usually two themes, a spy theme and a school and/or home theme where Clover, Sam, and Alex are usually shown where some sort of action takes place. I found it always interesting to see them in a wide variety of episodes discovering particular baddies and their cunning plans as of how to stop them so WHOOP can throw them in Jail. But not just a Jail, probably also a High Security Prison for them too. So the ending towards my review here are these last words: Good job Totally Spies, you're another great show that i miss because you're also canceled. No one can probably find much better spy-themed superb action-packed shows like you.
  • Sam, Alex, and Clover are spies for WOOHP.

Totally Spies has been my favorate show ever since it was first aired on Fox Family (which is now called abc family). I was very happy when I heard it was going to be on Cartoon Network. I can't believe they didn't show season five, because I saw some of those episodes on the web and they were totally great! Especially that one crossover episode; Totally Mystery Much? I thought Alex and Martin would make a perfect couple. It's just too bed they only did one MM and TS crossover. I wonder if they have that episode on dvd. It would be so cool of there was a scene where instead of Sam, Alex, and Martin going to WOOHP, they would go to the Center. I want to see how Sam and Alex would react if they saw it, especially if they met Billy or Java.
  • Just any show to tune in whenever theirs nothing else on

6.4
    what I like about this show is that the main characters do always change clothes unlike other shows. Other shows mostly have the same character wearing the same clothes everytime they show up and its kind of funny when they open their wardrobe or closet and its filled with the same outfits. This totally spies show is really good I watch this show when I get a chance to. Although it hasnt been airing lately...hopefully it will come back because this show is good(atleast I like it better than spongebob which I barely watch now)this show is cool because it shows that girls are really strong and they can be in action just like superhero guys it shows that girls can fight! and that they got skills too.
  • Good - if nothing else is on...

6.1
    These days there seem to be a lot of shows about teenagers - or even younger kids(!) - "saving the world" and I find Totally Spies one of the most watchable ones.

The show has a sense of humour and the three girls are pretty much like what teenager girls should be - competing for boys and complaining about frogs' inside.

However, you need to bear with the villains in this series, because they are often rather corny, and not in a funny way.

Another problem of the show is it's often missing any simple logic (fighting on the top of a PLANE, "secret spies" making themselves seen on TV, etc.)

Also, the episodes don't differ that much from each other. If you've seen one episode, you've seen them all - or at least most.

All in all, I do think this show is somewhat entertaining if you are bored but truth is, there are many better stories out there.
  • I Love this show Marathon Made it 2!!!!!!!

Well totally spies are about 3 tennage girls who work for World Organization Of Human Protection (WOOHP) and fight villains to save the world so before they go on a mission Jerry (their boss) calls them from anywhere like school,at the mall,or even like when they were in chemistry class like in "Totally Spy Much" when the were doin a project. My Favorite episode is "Totally Mystery Much" well because a certain person is in it who i LOVE so just think of the name Mystery and well he is also my picture
  • Over the past few years, i've been on and off Totally Spies, but it is immense!!

I'm now 18 years old, and I still love to tune into Jetix and watch Totally Spies, especially now that the new series is being aired.

A good show for me has good characters, and Alex is my favourite of the girls, always has been, always will be. Now that they are all at university, I think it just adds to their personalities and adventures.

The storylines are always good, with great action scenes, and this is a reason to watch.

One thing I don't particularly like is the fact that Sam, Alex and Clover are the stereotypical image of American girls, but then again, you can't imagine them all being obese tomboys etc etc.

Overall, I've been a fan of this show for around 4 years, and I still love it :D
  • It's ok, but...

7.7
    When I first watched on ABC family ( Channel 31 ) I was like WOW! I loved it! But that's because I was a little girl. I mean it was spy girl team similar to Charlie Angels but when it came on Cartoon Network (Channel 34) and had gotten new episodes it just got boring! The only episode I liked was when Sam got turned into a child. Besides all they think about are boys, boys boys! And the show is from France! Not's that there something wrong with France shows but I thought it was from Japan. It's very boring.
  • Its alright

This is a show about 3 action-packed spies. We actually see how they enjoy being a spy while just being a teen-fashion, friends. The first time i watched this show, i just felt like i was in the show and just hitting those villians. Being inspired by their girl power, i felt like girls can be as tough as guys. Of course, seeing an old man like Jerry fight villians like that was totally funny. I was like, "Look at that man move!" I find this show suitable for all ages. They have no bad words inside and they use profound english so that the little children can learn those words. Girl power!
  • Totally Spies! is the best show ever! My fave character is SAM!

Totally Spies! is the best show ever! My fave character is SAM! She is very smart and of course very pretty! Totally Spies is so addicting! When I watch an episode of it, I wanna watch another episode! It is very likeable. When I first watched it, I can't keep my eyes off of the TV. I was craving for more. I really dont know why some people hate it. I mean, it is so cool. Who wouldn't resist watching it? It is just the most awesome thing man ever created! It is ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS! I hope you guys watch it!
  • Awesome anime-like show

I was shocked,surprised and flabbergasted by the negativity I heard on the Internet; I've watched this show, and frankly I find it AWESOME! to me it's like the live action series Charlie Angels (another favorite show); only the girls are teenage espionage spies, and they could actually see their boss Jerry. It is very hard to choose which of the three of the spies is my favorite; so I would have to said, it would be Alex (she is so cute and adorable! she is gullible and the type of next door girl person). I also love the anime-like animation (I love anime); So overall this show is AWESOME!
  • Three girls, Sam, Alex, and Clover become Spies working for a secret agency calle WOOHP (which stands for World Organization Of Human Protection) They deal with bad guys on a daily bases and face the evil 'Mandy' at school.

I found this show to be very interesting. I love the plot and whole idea of three girls who are spies and that they have the genes of a spy in their DNA. I also noticed on how most series they have the main characters wearing the same outfit all the time. But Totally Spies is different. I love Sam's outfits and the same with Alex and Clover. The people who come up with them are just brilliant. I've been watching this show for a while now and really hope it continues. It is one of the few that are about spies and going on missions. Very intriguing...
  • It's one of my favorite Cartoon Network cartoons.

It's one of my favorite shows Cartoon Network had. (I wish they still had cartoons like this on Cartoon Network.) Despite the 3 main characters being spoiled girl that live in Beverly Hills, it was a really good show. (That fact didn't bother me all the time. It was usually only when Clover started acting superficial.) The characters were so unique and had such cool personalities. (Well, most of them. Not Mandy. :P) I was upset when Jerry and Alex got new voice actors. There was a significant change and it was very evident. The other changes season 3 came with made me like Totally Spies a little less, but it was still a good show. I hope Totally Spies airs in the US again soon.
  • This show is great! Totally Spies! Totally!

Totally Spies is a girl power show, three different types of girls out to save the world. Alex, the tomboy, Sam, the smart girl, and Clover, the girly girl. This show shows that different types of girls can get along and become the best of friends. Proving that girls can do anything they set their mind to. I don't know why people don't like this show, in my opinion, it great. It gets better every season. I've been with this show since the begining on ABC Family. It's cool, funny, a little wacky, and can relate to all girls. If you hate it, don't watch it, but if you want something that represents girls, and everyday lives with a little twist, I say you should watch it.
  • Humor + girl power

I'm much older than this show's target demographic, but I like it for its strong humor and display of girl power. It's a fun way of spending 30 minutes with my nephews & nieces (who belong to the show's target audience, as they range from three to twelve years of age).
    The girls rely on team work and high-tech gadgets to solve most of their missions. It's good to see girls as intelligent as Sam, as athletic as Alex, and as capable as Clover; yet making time to do "girly" and teenage stuff.
    The voice acting is very good, generally. Jennifer Hale and Andrea Baker are perfectly cast as Sam and Clover respectively. Jennifer's Mandy laugh sounds a bit unnatural to me, but I do applaud Jennifer for portraying two completely different people.
    Katie Griffin's Alex can sound whiny at times. But Katie Griffin, and her predecessor Katie Leigh, do show that Alex has the least strong personality among the three girls. I understand that some fans prefer the old voices for Alex and Jerry. I think the new voice actors do a good job, as had the old ones. It's unfortunate that economics apparently forced changes in the voice-over cast.
    The animation improved much starting from the third season; although there are occasional continuity errors. I'm deducting points for some repetitive themes, like Sam getting mind-controlled, and Clover's appearance getting transformed.