Touch Forums

FOX (ended 2013)

Official discussion thread: "1+1=3" - Spoilers

phf3947

[1]Mar 20, 2012
    • level: 71
    Please discuss "1+1=3" in this thread. Thanks.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Nickylucas

[2]Mar 22, 2012
    • level: 23

Good episode, not as good as the Pilot, but good nonetheless. IMO it was a bit cheesy at times, I mean with the music and the dog chase it was just stupid (yet hilarious...in a bad way). Like the first episode, it wrapped everything up well at the end (with the phone call between the mafia dude and his son/bridge scenebeing the ultimate climax) but everything else was just random.

The first one was better because it was really about the emotion and how everything was connected, but the second one just seemed to be one random event after the other.

I will finish watching season 1, but if it continues to have a repetitive formula like this I will not watch season 2 (assuming it gets renewed)

kepa55

[3]Mar 23, 2012
    • level: 8

Something is definitely wrong with this series. For some reason, I just can't believe the basic premise at all. I can't say if it's the dialog ("he sees the universe" and so on) or the acting, or the caricature characters (what is Danny Glover's character's point, other than being the wise old guy?). And all the plotlines connecting neatly... yeah, that's the whole point, but the way they come together just feels cheesy and unbelievable. And anyone else tired of Jake running away and Jack Bauer and Clea running after him? They should just lock him in a room.

It was good to see Jude Ciccolella though, nice 24 reunion there.

I'll check out the next few episodes, but after that I think I'm done with this show.

MaKTaiL

[4]Mar 23, 2012
    • level: 5

kepa55 wrote:

Something is definitely wrong with this series. For some reason, I just can't believe the basic premise at all. I can't say if it's the dialog ("he sees the universe" and so on) or the acting, or the caricature characters (what is Danny Glover's character's point, other than being the wise old guy?). And all the plotlines connecting neatly... yeah, that's the whole point, but the way they come together just feels cheesy and unbelievable. And anyone else tired of Jake running away and Jack Bauer and Clea running after him? They should just lock him in a room.

I'll check out the next few episodes, but after that I think I'm done with this show.

If you can't understand the premisse of the show (which is VERY easy) than I think you should stop now. If you are not liking the show, don't watch it. We will be better off without you here on the forums complaining on every single episode. Good bye.

creedchick02

[5]Mar 23, 2012
    • level: 8

Ok, not bad so far.... But, so the kid is being taken away from dad because he can't take care of him, yet she LOST him twice already who's incompatant?

Nickylucas

[6]Mar 23, 2012
    • level: 23

MaKTaiL wrote:

kepa55 wrote:

If you can't understand the premisse of the show (which is VERY easy) than I think you should stop now. If you are not liking the show, don't watch it. We will be better off without you here on the forums complaining on every single episode. Good bye.

Kepa actually has a point about it being unbelievably cheesy. I do like the concept of the show, however.

mattgus

[7]Mar 24, 2012
    • level: 14
    well,i like the idea that we are all one and the spiritual message implicite,however tonites episode felt overly sentimental and irritating that the writers think that with as complicated as life is and with the real suffering that people go thru,that a simple script with silly-happy outcomes ...esp the kid calling the criminal dad...oh right i'll just stop being a sociopath because my son has no friends...when likely the kid would have gotten an awful beating for being a weak...that was my 1st thought...i wish the world was as the writer would pretend it is but it is not tv in the 1950's...the audience is too sophisticated...we don't settle for marcus welby md or leave it to beaver anymore...maybe that is too bad...but...

tvaddict_14

[8]Mar 24, 2012
    • level: 10
    This episode was pretty good. It was all about people with daddy issues mainly. I enjoy watching this show but I hope there will be more to it, instead of a "case of the week" formula. Maybe after the first season it will become more serialized.

MaKTaiL

[9]Mar 24, 2012
    • level: 5

I believe all episodes will come together someway at the end of the season. Those two japonese girls from episode 1 were featured on episode 2, so it's clear they have some importance to the series.

babelak

[10]Mar 27, 2012
    • level: 12

Still not sure whether I like this show or not - will give it a few more episodes before I decide. One question though - I think I may have missed a bit at the end - what happened to the dog?

babelak

[11]Mar 27, 2012
    • level: 12

MaKTaiL wrote:

kepa55 wrote:

In defense of kepa55, they didn't say they didn't UNDERSTAND the premise - just that they couldn't BELIEVE in it. Also, I was under the impression that it was possible to dissent and say that we don't like things, otherwise these forums would be decidedly boring.

Addiction

[12]Mar 27, 2012
    • level: 1
    I actually liked the part with the father and son on the phone "second chance" thing. The first episode was brilliant so it was always going to be hard to top. As for the direction the show is going? It seems pretty obvious they are goin to be doing roughly he same thing each week, let's just hope they don't get too cheesy and have a main plot, other wise it'll be canceled after first season. But for the time being I am enjoying the show, and I personally like the acting portrayed by the young kid. Ok bye!