Touch Forums

FOX (ended 2013)

Official discussion thread: "Music of the Spheres" - Spoilers

phf3947

[1]May 9, 2012
    • level: 71
    Please discuss "Music of the Spheres" in this thread. Thanks.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

phf3947

[2]May 10, 2012
    • level: 71
    Aha! Now we know the omission of the number "6" in "Noosphere Rising" wasn't a production error. It was a deliberate plot point and Jake added it to the Amelia Sequence on Arthur's blackboard in this episode. And it appears that Clea knows there was something suspicious about Arthur death just after his contentious meeting with Sheri.

RobOda

[3]May 11, 2012
    • level: 1

I wanna know what that song was at the beginning that felipe sang...the dona maria one

DavidRodrigue13

[4]May 12, 2012

Wow the acting from Louis Ferreira a Felipe was Amazing! I'm not even sure if he sings or not but all the songs from him were beautiful, I'm still waiting for the Touch OSTto come out, hope these songs get included. BTW Louis Ferreira was rocking his portuguese accent, I never knew he was fluent, to me he was a regular canadian guy, but just WOW, seriously, that also goes to theactressthat plays Yarah, American born. Oh right the rest of the episode was good, hope that Sheri gets what's coming to her, Jake is awesome as always, Jack Bauer ... I just don't think he likes kids ... and Clea as beautiful as ever.

kaisho99

[5]May 12, 2012
    • level: 4

Wow kudos to the casting directors for putting together Louis Ferreira and Linara Washingtong (Felipe and Yarah) who actually both speakPortuguese, very cool! I was completely tricked with the wig, hat and glasses on "Felipe" and KNEW I knew him but couldn't place it!Colonel Young speaks Portuguese, who knew? (tear for SG:U). Over all episode was ok, I think they need to get back to the main plot to keep us interested. I also wish Keifer wouldn't play Martin so much like Jack, that's kind of annoying but I guess he's done it so long it's stuck!

fneves

[6]May 14, 2012

me too!

It seams like this: Os seus pés na areia, água fria...Dona Maria...

RhondaHailey

[7]May 14, 2012

The song is "Donna Marie" and it is written and performed by Rob Fresco, who is also one of the producers of the show. At least that is what I am assuming. You can see him talk on fox.com about touch and this episode. He talks of how he wrote and performed all the music Felipe sang in this episode and for this episode. I have found no link to this song or that it has been published. I really love the song and would love to be able to hear it from start to finish.

BigRedNev

[8]May 14, 2012
    • level: 22
    Try doing a Wikipedia search for Donna Marie, there's an "actress" from Nottingham that comes up. I hope she wasn't his inspiration given the nature of the show..

BigRedNev

[9]May 14, 2012
    • level: 22

Might be worth following the discussion at http://www.tunefind.com/show/touch/season-1/11339 but noting the similarity of the question I think you may have found the site already.

Edited on 05/14/2012 10:53am