Touch Forums

FOX (ended 2013)

Official discussion thread: "Pilot" - Spoilers

dougieee7

[21]Feb 8, 2012
    • level: 2

Amazing, i would have watched a plain 2 hour film based in this premise, it was THAT good.

A show that reveals faith in a higher purpose or higher power that DOES NOT involve any denomination of religion, they really did nail it in the pilot

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

meee223

[22]Feb 11, 2012
    • level: 8
    Just watched this and I love it!!!!!!!!!! Amazing! Hope they can keep up the same quality for the rest of the season. One question. Why was the ex-firefighter going to Lynchburg, VA? Any special reason or does it matter?

phf3947

[23]Feb 12, 2012
    • level: 71
    meee223 wrote:
    Why was the ex-firefighter going to Lynchburg, VA?

I was under the impression that he was going back home, or at least going to where his wife lived.

PelleLbergh

[24]Feb 15, 2012

Nickylucas wrote:

This was really amazing, IMO.

I was (and still am) a huge fan of 24, the show that made Kiefer Sutherland famous.

Well, I would say that Kiefer was famous a long time before 24, didn't you know that??

Nickylucas

[25]Feb 20, 2012
    • level: 23

PelleLbergh wrote:

Nickylucas wrote:

This was really amazing, IMO.

I was (and still am) a huge fan of 24, the show that made Kiefer Sutherland famous.

Well, I would say that Kiefer was famous a long time before 24, didn't you know that??

Well yes, he was famous because of his father, but prior to 24 he had nothing really well known or notable to make him more famous. Today everybody knows who Jack Bauer is, even if they have never heard of 24, and so of course they know of Kiefer Sutherland now.

warthogjump

[26]Mar 8, 2012

Kiefer was famous prior to 24???

Ok, yes, he has his father. But to be honest, Kiefer made junk before 24. And even after 24, he still made junk.

24 was his one and only masterpiece. I honestly believe Kiefer was born to be Jack Bauer. I never liked one movie of his. It was all terrible, or at the best, mediocre. And, to be honest, the only reason I ever watched a Kiefer movie was because of his role in 24.

Let's put it this way, Kiefer = Jack Bauer.

Jack Bauer was, and still is, my favourite character ever created in the history of TV/movies/cinema. 24 was, and still is, the greatest TV show. Kiefer made Jack, and Jack made 24. It was the most destined show in the universe.

Despite all my love for Kiefer and 24, all of what I said above still stands: he has not made one "great" movie (Okay, he was in "a few good men", but his role was minor).

However, to be fair, Kiefer was perfect in Touch. Touch was perfect in storytelling. It is a very entertaining TV show and I look forward to more.

24 began in 2001, that's 11 years. Honestly, Kiefer should stick to TV shows. 24 was the best and Touch is perfect so far. I love the guy, even though he can't make a good movie haha

warthogjump

[27]Mar 8, 2012
    Re-reading my comment it makes me sound so negative about Kiefer lol....to be more optimistic, 24 was the best show ever created and imo it will stand as the best show ever created till death do this world apart. Jack made 24 and Kiefer made Jack, which essentially means Kiefer made the best TV show on the planet. The guy only needs to make one masterpiece in his life, and he has done that, throughout 8 seasons of 24. This is getting very off topic anyway...just can't wait for more Touch!!

antdude

[28]Mar 22, 2012
    • level: 28
    Kiefer Sutherland's name hit me with 24. That is how he got popular and famous.

mattgus

[29]Mar 23, 2012
    • level: 14
    lots of promise. i am initially irritated with what seems like a social service intrusion that may only serve as a babysitter-like way to have jake 'safe'? while dad goes about the buisness of connecting the dots...we will see...the laws are diff from state to state so who knows what the case might really be like for the intrusion or lack there-of depending on how each individual looks at it...the story was very good at any rate...i hope they won't waste alot of time on a battle with the state for custody etc...i'm not sure the story is or needs to be about that...

BigRedNev

[30]Apr 1, 2012
    • level: 22

First let me be clear, really like the show and I've watched all that have aired now. Don't worry I'm not going to post any spoilers from the next episodes. I would like to ask about the one thing I can't get my head around, yes only one thing, the business with the mobile phone being passed around the globe as some kind of game. Maybe I'm out of touch but I've never heard of this but I'm assuming that as no other comment appears to have been posted about it people are aware of this going on and accept the premise. I'll forget the fact that this 'smartphone' always appears to be fully charged.

SuziHB

[31]May 5, 2012
    • level: 7

Have to agree with you. Stand by me was the first movie I ever saw Kiefer in and he began his acting career 29 years ago. He is not known or famous because of his father, IMHO. He can act in his own right. 'Lost Boys' and 'Young Guns' cemented him as one of my favourite actors.

After reading the forums for this series I will watch it properly as I wasn't sure if it was worth it or not.

Edited on 05/04/2012 11:50pm

PelleLbergh

[32]Jun 1, 2012
    jeeez... Kiefer famous with 24. What about The Lost Boys? Stand By me? Flatliners? Young Guns? A Few Good Men? The Vanishing? A Time To Kill?

The list goes on and on. He got famous in the early 80's for god's sake....