We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Touch Forums

FOX (ended 2013)

Touch: Good or bad?

?

Nickylucas

[1]Apr 8, 2012
    • level: 23

Everyone can agree how awesome this show was in the beginning. The Pilot was awesome.

But these new episodes...after the Pilot, has just turned into a repetitive formula every week. Something that can be interesting but no longer captures the emotion and potential it had. The acting is great and Kiefer is awesome, but everything has been coming off as a bit cheesy since episode 2 and up until now. This is also reflecting on the fact that the show is losing viewers fast. If it doesn't get better by the end of season 1, I will stop watching, because it is the same thing every week, just with new connections.

But there is no sense of an ongoing development in a story, which is what I really think would be interesting for this show. It's becoming a disappointment after an awesome Pilot. Am I the only one that thinks this? I would like to know what everyone else thinks.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

NinjaTurtleFan

[3]Apr 13, 2012
    • level: 5

^I think non-Americans are really hurting this show. People are probably sick of reading whatever language a lot of these people are speaking. I really get the show though, and it's just the fact that everyone across the world is somehow connected, but I think they really should have had this show just about how Americans are connected. Americans are a melting pot of cultures, so you still have all these different nationalities of people, but can't they speak english? I think it's going to get cancelled because the show is dropping like anything in the ratings.

MaKTaiL

[4]Apr 13, 2012

I love this show and I hope it doesn't get cancelled.

You guys have to see the bigger picture.Every episode is contributing to a big surprise finale.

The japonese girls from the first episode, the lottery winner, the boys in Afganistan, the woman in Africa, door number 6, the cellphone with messages from all over the world.

It will all come together in the end of the season someway and I bet it will be awesome.

Bytor65

[5]Apr 13, 2012
    • level: 6

Show is fairly well done.

But it is one of those maudlin, sentimental shows, with lots of tears and everything miraculously working out in the end.

It's repackaged "Touched by an Angel".

If that is your kind of show, it is great.

It makes me gag in places, and I watch an episode in about 10 minutes FFWD through all meaningless annoying filler:

Kid climbing something, making Kiefer lament: FFWD.

Kid screaming because someone touched him: FFWD.

People threatening to take his kid away: FFWD.

Random crap in foreign country that will end with hugs all around by episode finish, FFWD.

I watch the 10 minute show between Kiefer and Danny Glover, about strange patterns. That show is kind of tolerable, but rather short.

Edited on 04/13/2012 8:16am

skajkingdom

[7]Apr 13, 2012

NinjaTurtleFan wrote:

^I think non-Americans are really hurting this show. People are probably sick of reading whatever language a lot of these people are speaking. I really get the show though, and it's just the fact that everyone across the world is somehow connected, but I think they really should have had this show just about how Americans are connected. Americans are a melting pot of cultures, so you still have all these different nationalities of people, but can't they speak english? I think it's going to get cancelled because the show is dropping like anything in the ratings.

And people like you are the reason why good shows get cancelled and all aliens speak english.

phf3947

[8]Apr 15, 2012
    • level: 71
    This thread has been closed. Discussing whether a show is good or bad would be acceptable; however, attacking other members who don't agree with you isn't allowed on this forum.