Tower Prep Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on Cartoon NetworkBetween Seasons

Really?

  • Avatar of max8080

    max8080

    [21]Dec 2, 2010
    • member since: 10/02/07
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 258

    Tension, tension! My view is: Unnatural History and Tower Prep are awesome, and should stay. The rest should take a hike. Honestly, you guys are taking this WAY too seriously. Just watch TV, for crying out loud! Quit taking something meant to give you something to do in your down time, something meant simply to entertain you, and turning it into some kind of debate about economy, or something that threatens your long term happiness!!! Just sayin'.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Doguso

    Doguso

    [22]Dec 8, 2010
    • member since: 08/19/08
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 1

    DerangedLemur wrote:


    I know I haven't seen the show yet, but why is Cartoon Network making all these crappy live action shows like Un-natural History, Dude What Would Happen, and now this? I won't even bother with this. I am disgusted with Cartoon Network.



    So it's a crappy show despite never seeing it? You're placing an opinion on something before you give it a chance? You know what else happened in history because of people like you who labeled things before giving them a chance? Slavery. Are you going to be the same as slavers? Are you going to kill gentle, harmless Frankenstein because the mere thought of his existence in your 'pure, human world' is unbearable?


    Tower Prep is actually a good show. It may not be the greatest show, but it's way, unbelievably better than the mindless, idiotic, inaccurate "Dude What Would Happen" or MAD (it seems good but something about the way they satire things bug me). It's one of the few shows on CN that has an actual plot, which is a nice, needed breath of fresh air from the mindless cartoons. It reminds me of toonami and it's old anime shows, which had plots. Adventure Time is a great show, but it has no plot. Spongebob, Icarly, all these other famous shows have no plot. CN is being smart by using shows that have a long-lasting plot. The biggest reason why is, Nick is trying to steal a lot of younger kids and teens and Disney has been doing a good job of that. CN is dieing, that's why Toonami (RIP) is gone, as well as many good shows.

    Yes it's live, it's not a cartoon, which is contradictory, but the world isn't the same as 20 years ago. If CN continued on it's path, it probably would fail as a business and we'd lose CN. CN has had horrible shows the past decade, only now have they been getting better. They are refraining from continuing what has been killing them, trying to use the same cartoons and ideas. All the new shows that have been airing can easily revive CN, and that includes Unnatural History and Tower Prep. CN NEEDS that teenage base to survive, and Adventure Time, Batman, and Star Wars can't do it alone. Mostly because they're based together on fridays, save for Adventure Time. Live action allows for a larger range of writers and producers to work with CN, which means more shows, thus they can spread programs across the week and across the day. They can't be using the same material/people over and over again.


    Watch Tower Prep, you might like it, it has a deep plot, the writing is actually good. The actors are good pretty good as well. It isn't mindless, you do have to pay attention, but if you tried it, you might enjoy the contrast across shows, it'll make other shows like Adventure Time better because you're making your brain watch something different then the same basic idea. Contrast is GOOD; similarities are bad.


    Since I know for a fact, most of the people complaining "Cartoon" Network should only have cartoons, are just kids (considering their grammar and level of facts/argument for their opinions) not any older than 13, I'll make it short and simple here. Red to highlight it since human eyes are attracted to red.


    CN needs new shows. New writers = more shows. More shows = more potenial viewers. More viewers = more money. More money = CN lives. Same 6 shows showed 24/7 becomes repetitious and thus loses viewers as they become bored. Less viewers = CN dies. CN having live action > CN dieing. CN having GOOD live action shows with plots that contrast the typical CN cartoon of jokes and subtle satire (although not always subtle) also grants better opinions to shows, psychologically. Making their shows seem better and allowing more people to start watching CN, rather than the same, dieing fanbase, could mean more people to watch OTHER shows of theirs which = MORE money, which allows CN to thrive again and make more, better, cartoons and live-action. Despite not being fully Cartoon Network, it is still predominantly cartoons and it's ability to compete with other stations will be what saves it, rather than rolling over and dieing. RIP Toonami and old Cartoon Network, give new Cartoon Network a chance and things WILL improve as it already has been. Unnatural History was decent, Tower Prep is great, and many new cartoons I'm looking forward to will only enhance this. Let CN thrive, don't be prejudice.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of KuroganeBlack

    KuroganeBlack

    [23]Dec 11, 2010
    • member since: 11/13/10
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 9
    Doguso wrote:

    DerangedLemur wrote:


    I know I haven't seen the show yet, but why is Cartoon Network making all these crappy live action shows like Un-natural History, Dude What Would Happen, and now this? I won't even bother with this. I am disgusted with Cartoon Network.



    So it's a crappy show despite never seeing it? You're placing an opinion on something before you give it a chance? You know what else happened in history because of people like you who labeled things before giving them a chance? Slavery. Are you going to be the same as slavers? Are you going to kill gentle, harmless Frankenstein because the mere thought of his existence in your 'pure, human world' is unbearable?


    Tower Prep is actually a good show. It may not be the greatest show, but it's way, unbelievably better than the mindless, idiotic, inaccurate "Dude What Would Happen" or MAD (it seems good but something about the way they satire things bug me). It's one of the few shows on CN that has an actual plot, which is a nice, needed breath of fresh air from the mindless cartoons. It reminds me of toonami and it's old anime shows, which had plots. Adventure Time is a great show, but it has no plot. Spongebob, Icarly, all these other famous shows have no plot. CN is being smart by using shows that have a long-lasting plot. The biggest reason why is, Nick is trying to steal a lot of younger kids and teens and Disney has been doing a good job of that. CN is dieing, that's why Toonami (RIP) is gone, as well as many good shows.

    Yes it's live, it's not a cartoon, which is contradictory, but the world isn't the same as 20 years ago. If CN continued on it's path, it probably would fail as a business and we'd lose CN. CN has had horrible shows the past decade, only now have they been getting better. They are refraining from continuing what has been killing them, trying to use the same cartoons and ideas. All the new shows that have been airing can easily revive CN, and that includes Unnatural History and Tower Prep. CN NEEDS that teenage base to survive, and Adventure Time, Batman, and Star Wars can't do it alone. Mostly because they're based together on fridays, save for Adventure Time. Live action allows for a larger range of writers and producers to work with CN, which means more shows, thus they can spread programs across the week and across the day. They can't be using the same material/people over and over again.


    Watch Tower Prep, you might like it, it has a deep plot, the writing is actually good. The actors are good pretty good as well. It isn't mindless, you do have to pay attention, but if you tried it, you might enjoy the contrast across shows, it'll make other shows like Adventure Time better because you're making your brain watch something different then the same basic idea. Contrast is GOOD; similarities are bad.


    Since I know for a fact, most of the people complaining "Cartoon" Network should only have cartoons, are just kids (considering their grammar and level of facts/argument for their opinions) not any older than 13, I'll make it short and simple here. Red to highlight it since human eyes are attracted to red.


    CN needs new shows. New writers = more shows. More shows = more potenial viewers. More viewers = more money. More money = CN lives. Same 6 shows showed 24/7 becomes repetitious and thus loses viewers as they become bored. Less viewers = CN dies. CN having live action > CN dieing. CN having GOOD live action shows with plots that contrast the typical CN cartoon of jokes and subtle satire (although not always subtle) also grants better opinions to shows, psychologically. Making their shows seem better and allowing more people to start watching CN, rather than the same, dieing fanbase, could mean more people to watch OTHER shows of theirs which = MORE money, which allows CN to thrive again and make more, better, cartoons and live-action. Despite not being fully Cartoon Network, it is still predominantly cartoons and it's ability to compete with other stations will be what saves it, rather than rolling over and dieing. RIP Toonami and old Cartoon Network, give new Cartoon Network a chance and things WILL improve as it already has been. Unnatural History was decent, Tower Prep is great, and many new cartoons I'm looking forward to will only enhance this. Let CN thrive, don't be prejudice.



    Doguso, you're absolutely right.

    Cartoon Network is making a very smart move and that's why the quality of the shows is increasing, however, it'll decrease again if people keep on complaining about nearly EVERY show that's on it.

    Tower Prep is good and I hope it doesn't face the same demise as Unnatural History has...

    Yes, Unnatural History has NOT being RENEWED!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of DoubleIdentity

    DoubleIdentity

    [24]Dec 11, 2010
    • member since: 12/12/10
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 18

    Tower Prep is in fact a new live-action show on CN. But around the time itpremiered, so did about 5 new cartoon show, like The Regular Show, MAD, Robotomoty(sp), ext. So it's not like live action shows are taking over CN. There are only 2 live-actions, and about 50 cartoons. Like I said before, I think Tower Prep is a really great show! You should give it a chance, you might like it.(:


    PS: I'm not trying to be mean in this message

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of DoubleIdentity

    DoubleIdentity

    [25]Dec 11, 2010
    • member since: 12/12/10
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 18

    Are there still cartoons on CN? Yes! This show is only on on Tuesdays, And only for 1 hour. All the rest of the air time is STILL CARTOONS. It's not like live-action shows are taking over CN.


    PS: I'm not trying to be mean in this message

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of DoubleIdentity

    DoubleIdentity

    [26]Dec 12, 2010
    • member since: 12/12/10
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 18
    zuperduper wrote:

    Alienfanex wrote:


    Um did you guys even BOTHER to stop and actually watch this show before you bashed it? I don't think so, because if you did you would realize that it's actually a good show. Don't get me wrong, I love all the animated shows too. The reason why CN is making these Live-Action shows is to try and compete with all the other networks, so in a way if it weren't for these new shows drawing in new viewers, there would be no more of the animated ones either. I'm not ripping on you guys at all, I just hate it when people say shows that they have NEVER WATCHED suck.


    I never said it was bad ,it's just doesn't belong here. No matter how good of a live-action show it is, it still doesn't it really does not deserve to be on cartoon network. It just needs to be in a place where it would belong. Also,Why are they airing Live-Action to compete with channels like Nickeldeon if their name is cartoon network. It's just the basic idea of Cartoon Network. Cartoon Network used to be the only 24 hour network for cartoons. They just lose the very thing that makes them special compared to other networks. They are better off being themselves then gambling on Live-Action. It would be better off in a place where it did. Until then, my opinion is totally against it. I respect your opinion though.


    I believe that a show should be ranked on how good it is, not by what network it is on.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of DoubleIdentity

    DoubleIdentity

    [27]Dec 12, 2010
    • member since: 12/12/10
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 18
    max8080 wrote:

    Tension, tension! My view is: Unnatural History and Tower Prep are awesome, and should stay. The rest should take a hike. Honestly, you guys are taking this WAY too seriously. Just watch TV, for crying out loud! Quit taking something meant to give you something to do in your down time, something meant simply to entertain you, and turning it into some kind of debate about economy, or something that threatens your long term happiness!!! Just sayin'.


    Thank You!
    Someone who is talking sense.
    I think that if it is a good show, it stays, and people should not be talking about it like its a life or death situation, or something that will affect their whole lives.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of UltraStrata

    UltraStrata

    [28]Dec 15, 2010
    • member since: 01/09/10
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 157

    DerangedLemur wrote:


    I know I haven't seen the show yet, but why is Cartoon Network making all these crappy live action shows like Un-natural History, Dude What Would Happen, and now this? I won't even bother with this. I am disgusted with Cartoon Network.



    Listen, Jitterbug. I don't know who the heck you think you're talkin' to like that, but I won't abide you slamming shows without giving them a chance. It's true, CN has gone to the stupid side by adding all of these less than average live action shows and then getting the stars to talk about stupid subjects such as bullying and Hasbro. And it is true that Stuart Snyder was probably on crystal meth when he decided to make the transition for the network. Unnatural History, Dude What Would Happen, and Hole in the Wall are all stupid, but, it just so happens that I watched a few episodes of this show. And they happened to be pretty good. FYI, an experienced DC comics writer wrote this show. He put a lot of thought behind it. I gave the show a chance and it turned out to be pretty darn good for a network that has a druggie head and is just starting out in the live action business. So, next time, get your facts straight and actually watchan episode or two of a show before you abuse these forums to bad mouth it and predict that it's nothing but crud. You might actually be surprised every once in a while.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of lanmanna

    lanmanna

    [29]Dec 19, 2010
    • member since: 08/23/05
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 48
    I watched it a few times. I thought it was average. Live action on Cartoon Network is a catch 22.

    If its a good live action show, it deserves the ratings, but if it gets good ratings it would just encourage CN to make more live action. That would be bad, since they would be putting funds into live action instead of cartoons.

    Honestly, I'm glad the show is pretty much dead. Judging by CN burning off 2 new episodes back to back each week, I doubt the show will see a season 2.

    And Cartoon Network bad? LOL. Maybe back in 2006-2009, but it is getting way better. Adventure Time, Regular Show, Scooby-Doo, Symbionic Titan, Generator Rex, Star Wars, Batman: Brave and the Bold, Mad TV, and Ben 10. And coming soon- Young Justice
    The Looney Tunes Show Thundercats
    Green Lantern
    Secret Mountain Fort Awesome
    How to Train Your Dragon
    Unnannounced stuff

    If you don't think one of those shows is AT LEAST decent, you are watching with nostalgia goggles.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JoshLees

    JoshLees

    [30]Dec 22, 2010
    • member since: 12/22/10
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 3

    tl;dr


    Good show. Love it. Wish you guys would listen to yourselves. Cartoon Network is the name of a channel, so what if they're making a few live-action shows on it. Chances are, Unnatural History will be canned soon, because I've heard nothing about it sense it came out. However, I wish science fiction fans, teen drama fans, super hero fans, and mystery fans would all just stop and realize the greatness of the fact that this wonderful show is on Cartoon Network! Think of how long shows last on this channel! Shows like Powerpuff Girls, Ed, Edd, and Eddy, Samurai Jack! These shows lasted several season without getting dropped! On Cartoon Network shows don't get canceled out of the blue like on Fox or MTV. And if it were on SyFy it would have horrid special effects! This is the perfect home for Tower Prep because it will last long here!


    Hurray for having a show that will actually likely see a conclusion (unlike Firefly and the many other greats that will forever hold loose ends)!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of jimjam2597

    jimjam2597

    [31]Jan 4, 2011
    • member since: 01/02/11
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 5

    dude if u hate it so much why are u on the fan website and forums for it? and yes i agree it wud b better to have this show on maybe nickelodeon or maybe even on USA. and yes unnatural history wasnt the best but it was better than dude what wud happen, cause shows like dude what would happen, mad, hole in the wall and destroy build destroy are pointless and they are trying(in my opinion) to copy off G4's ninja warrior with hole in the wall.



    but tower prep has decent acting, a great plot and some kickass fighting scenes.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of jimjam2597

    jimjam2597

    [32]Jan 4, 2011
    • member since: 01/02/11
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 5

    dude, i love you(no homo you are exactly right.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of 53rdoflove

    53rdoflove

    [33]Jan 8, 2011
    • member since: 02/21/09
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 18

    I never watch CARTOON, well except for Tower Prep which is actually good. And if you haven't seen it yet, how can you say that it's just like every other CARTOON show.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Kauaimon

    Kauaimon

    [34]Jan 13, 2011
    • member since: 03/04/07
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 3,192
    Anyone see the House of Anubis? How come a show like that gets on the popular Nick channel, but the awesome Tower Prep gets to be on a channel people don't watch anymore? . It's not fair, Tower Prep deserves to be on a channel that tons of people watch.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ffmotorsports51

    ffmotorsports51

    [35]Jan 13, 2011
    • member since: 05/03/08
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 39

    My solution is to create a seperate network called CN Real Network or something like that so the live-action fans can have a network all to themselves while us cartoon and animefans like myself can have Cartoon Network back to normal. In a similar way, In my honest opinion, SPEED Channel needs to create a seperate network for all of the NASCAR fans while us motor racing fans like myself can have SPEED Channel back to normal and with more forms of auto racing from around the world. I feel like I need to move to Europe or Asia to see all of the good forms of racing. I honestly feel Tower Prep is not a bad show, but it just should not be on Cartoon Network. With the seperate network in mind, Tower Prep will earn higher ratings and the chance for a second season will increase since there will be no conflict between people. Unnatural History can be brought back as well with the seperate network for a second season. So for everyone who misses the old Cartoon Network cartoons or Toonami, check out Toonami Aftermath online. I watch that all the time now and I'm happy with it. I'm tired of complaining and I'm tired of not getting any feedback from the letters I have been sending to Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon and SPEED Channel. I have a good idea and nobody listens to me. The CN Real Network or whatever it should be called will be available to every cable/satellite provider around the world hopefully if Cartoon Network makes it a reality not just in our imaginations.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of LeviJohnston

    LeviJohnston

    [36]Jan 27, 2011
    • member since: 01/28/11
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 1

    this show is awesome


    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.