Trading Spaces Forums

TLC (ended 2008)

new shows?

CBourque2025

[1]Jul 11, 2008
    • level: 26
    Paige Davis is scheduled to host 10 episodes of what will hopefully be the actual 'best' of the series so far, with inserted commentary by Paige about the highlights of each episode. It should start July 12th 2008. Hopefully an all new season will begin afterwards if they are still supporting it with these (slightly) new episodes.
    Edited on 11/01/2008 6:41pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

kathiheck

[2]Aug 10, 2008
    • level: 18
    Actually, these a not new episodes. They are reruns from past seasons Paige was in, with her adding new intros at the beginning and during commercials breaks to give "new information" not shown before. If you look in the lower left hand corner of the screen during Paige's intro, they put the name of the show they're repeating: this morning, it read, Season 4, Tampa, Florida. It might have also shown the original air date, but it was kind of a "blink and you'll miss it" moment, so I'm not sure. The way that the station is airing the show (it went from airing every day to just on Saturdays, now it only airs on Suinday mornings), I'm beginning to believe they won't be airing new shows, and this whole "Paige's Favorites" is the show's swan song.

CBourque2025

[3]Nov 1, 2008
    • level: 26
    I went by what the pre-publicity said at the time but did say they were "best of", which implies them not being all new. Since they are re-edited to include Paige's comments which are indeed the only new material, I added them to the list. Plus they seem to have been put in to fill out a very short season of episodes. I did note the rerun date whenever I saw it as well. New episodes did finally start! I suspect each season will be shorter with fewer episodes, since there is obviously less demand these days with so many home decorating shows on the screen now and less of an audience judging by the recent move of the summer reruns featuring new Paige moments being sent to the Saturday morning timeslot.