Trading Spouses

Joseph/Gibbons (1)

Aired Tuesday 8:00 PM Dec 14, 2005 on FOX

5.7
  • BLACK RACE BAITERS

Whenever a BLACK is involved in anything RACE comes up. This does NOT happen with ASIANS or NATIVE AMERICANS & very seldom with HISPANICS. It ALWAYS happens with BLACKS. "When I got caught with my hand in the cookie jar I got into trouble because I was BLACK, not cuz I did wrong."
  • The \\\"Christian\\\" Woman is \\\"acting\\\" like an idiot and using Jesus\\\' as an excuse. Didn\\\'t Jesus reach out to people of all backgrounds? Maybe i\\\'m reading the wrong bible. Maybe its just hers that teaches the crap coming from her mouth.

2.2
    Maybe this show will open her eyes and let her see other people and not judge them according to her views. Maybe she will get to know someone before she passes judgement on them. I don\\\'t think it will, but bigger miracles have happened. But as far as this show goes, it was a bit freaky for me. Margaret(?) just freaked me out.
  • I believe this episode was a look into how things may have appeared to change on the surface but the essence remains the same. Almost 2006 and some people are even more ignorant than ever.

"Did Malcolm X ride the bus?" "We are going to watch New Jack City." Is that what African-Americans are? Then the whole thing about her age? Were they complimenting her or speculating on how young she had her children. Then to top it off granny asked her what her nationality was? African AMERICAN, "So what part of Africa are you from? Most likely the coast where most African slaves who were taken to America. "We've been to Africa, we have to tell you about it." I bet you have! If Lynne had no knowledge (obviously) of the culture what makes her so afraid? Is it her ignorance? Well she will be even more afraid after she shows her family "New Jack City." I am dissapointed about this reality... (TV)
  • I can't believe no one has pointed out anything wrong with this yet.

I can't believe no one has pointed out anything wrong with this yet. I live in the town which the Gibbons reside, and I was completely appauled to watch this. I am sure the town appeared to be class-less, stuck up, and racist to anyone that watched this. This was rediculous and I am completely appauled at their attitudes towards the woman.