Trading Spouses

FOX (ended 2007)

Trading Spouses Fan Reviews (57)

7.4
  • Georgia/Massachusettes Episode

That was the best episode it was so refreshing that two different families made each other feel at home. I wish that all people behaved that way. I would love to meet Diane one day she really know how to show love no matter your ethnic background ;)

• The show is great! But this episode of the woman from Kentucky. Unbelievable how someone fron the us can seem alien. She was so ignorant and always seemed blown away about everything. Iam not Jewish, but I was insulted by her stupidity.

Its a great show. I usually enjoys the different personalities. I love it! seeing different families adjust and even change. But some like the Jewish family and the Kentuckians. WOW That was unreal. Some people are so narrow minded that they think their world and the way they <Kentuckians> think and live is the only way. UGH
  • Great show

Oh, this show is such good therapy. There's a bit of guilty pleasure in seeing how other people live and think -- and feeling superior. Then I think back to when my own children were young and see some of the same behavior. Anyway, I look forward to Wednesdays and love the way the producers match up such opposites. I will say that on at least a good number of the episodes, they won't leave my mind, and my prayer list for the sad, guiltless children of some of these totally dysfunctional vegans and self-absorbed parents grows.
  • Whew!! That ending was worth sitting through all the teasers and commercials. The build up was fantastic and the payoff did not disappoint.

I\'m a GOD WARRIOR! That episode was the scariest, funniest thing I have ever seen! I was rolling. It was refreshing to see a little reality on the tube these days. I wonder if people can handle looking at what red state rednecks are really all about. Those poor kids.
  • I feel really bad for those great kids! I was raised by a scary mom that made me believe alot of the same things this very sick lady is teaching her children. It is so very sad I can only hope their father will stop this abuse.

The show must go on!
    But only when the small minds of our young ones are not effected!
    I am sickend by the abuse those children suffered.
    That woman needs help ASAP, before those children develop damage that even with years of therapy will not be undone.
    Why would the network allow the children to suffer.
    Someone call children protective services!
    Please help those kids!
  • I really hope the so called "God warrior" will watch what the rest of America had seen tonight. I was in such disbelief! She was treated so kindly by this family. Jeanne and her family were wrongly persecuted. Everyone was open-minded and accomodating exc

This episode had a real profound message. I know alot of people like Margeret(none quite as extreme!). I can't stand these so called "Godly" people who are so judgemental,mean,opinionated, and close minded. They are so negative and never have a nice thing to say about anyone! And the worst part about it is they do it in the name of God!!! Thats so sacreligious! They need to check themselves! They're so busy pointing out whats wrong with everyone, while they, themselves, are exactly the nasty things they are saying everyone else is! You all know the kind of people I'm talking about! It amazes me how much they know about a person just by looking at the clothes they are wearing! SHAME ON YOU!!! If you judge every book by its cover, you are missing out on alot of good stories! In fact, some of the best books have torn covers! I pray for these people. These are the people who will be judged by God. I hope they never have to feel the way they have made others feel. I don't care what they say-WORDS DO HURT! and they cannot be taken back. Tonights show is a perfect example of all this. You know the saying:"Birds of a feather flock together"? that couldn't be more true for Margeret and her friends! They were so rude to Jeanne. I think they were just jealous because she's so pretty! I don't believe in violence but, I wanted to smack that short haired blonde lady who asked the very sarcastic and rude question:"Do you believe in God or do you believe in higher power?" Those of you who watched the show probably remember the tone she said it in. Lady-Jesus may love you, but I think you're a real #@%$>!!!! That goes for all of you(Miserable Housewive's). Now I'm sinking to their level. I'm sorry,shame on me. I think its so ironic, looking back on the summer solstice party vs. the Margerets friends gathering(Darkside vs.'Good Christians'). Every single person at that party were all so nice to Margeret,they all went out of their way to try and make her feel comfortable.And nobody judged her!!Lets face it people, there was alot of her to be judged!If the body is a temple, hers is an empire! Okay,there I go being mean again,and again-I'm sorry. Meanwhile, the "Good Christians" were so rude, very judgemental, and they put alot of effort into making Jeanne feel uncomfortable. Now, who is darksided???? Oh, and by the way, anyone who thinks astrology is evil, is ignorant. Dont judge something you know nothing about. Get educated on the subject, and then state your opinion! Margeret-there are gargoyles on alot of old churches!they are used to scare away evil spirits!They scared you didn't they?!! and futhermore, it's JUST A STAR!!!! I really hope you will watch the show and see how wrong you were, you are not a victim! It made me crazy to hear this woman say she's tired of being pushed.WHAT??? it take an army to push you lady(sorry!)I mean seriously, she was not willing to learn about anything new. Poor Chris! He handled himself really well! His patience was unreal. Good for you man! I could go on and on, but I won't, this episode{Margeret)really chapped my hyde!! Like I said, I hope something was learned through this, and that it brings positive things to all involved. Thanks for entertaining us at your expense-thats no small thing!!One more thing-Margeret and Ashley: Leave the poor girl alone!, let her go and be a young teenager-Please!!
  • The lady was wild!

I enjoyed the show. It is so interesting to see how humans are so "Godly". I am a firm believer in GOD, and I feel that only GOD can judge, so I feel her actions were very close-minded and pretty childish. The show was very funny though. I feel the need to pray for Mrs. Perrin---She was rather DARK-SIDED!
  • Great job exposing a manipulating, bully for who she is. Christian is what you do, not who you are. Mrs Perrin is not. She's a controlling tyrant who has to get her own way, which is just unstable for a woman her age.

This show did a great job exposing the manipulation and bullying done by Mrs. Perrin,
    which has obviously manifested itself in her oldest daughter. That’s the only seed this woman has planted. It shows truly how twisted these self professed Christians can be. Never realizing that to be a Christian is something you do not something you are and this lady and her friends are far from it. Both the blonde and brunette friends of hers who are wearing plenty of makeup and jewelry ( which the bible has plenty to say about) are ignorant and judgmental, both attributes being un-Christian like. These are great examples of hypocrites using the Lords name in vain. Especially for Mrs Perrin “having things her way” at the Flischer home and controlling and manipulating her own family. Her abusive tyrade on her own family should be reviewed by the local authorities. This woman is a nut-job her poor husband should demand councilling or leave her, that man must need some peace of his own away from her. Not to mention the money for her surgery of vanity. If Mrs. Perrrin was so concerned about having a so called, “dark sided” person in her home then she would have left immediately, and would have never accepted the money. Her husband said it right at the end that Margarit was full of bullshit.
  • The show was Good and Bad...

Mrs. Perrin was absolutley out of order, I am a Christian and I have a strong belief in God, First of all she was doing too much cursing in the name of God. She doesnt have any power to rebuke anything except in the name in Jesus. Her friends where too judgemental, they would scare any unbeliever from God with their judgemental ways. They were not friendly they attacked her and made her scared and that is not how you win a sinner to Christ.God is a God of order and they were out of order. She(Perrin)says she has the Holy Spirit in her, but she may what to ask her self does she really have it, because the holy spirit does not curse. She mad me mad because as a Christian we should always watch our ways because someone is all ways watching you and for her to curse on national t.v. like that, she may have discouraged someone who was not saved...we can't be like that as Christian we are the servants of the most High God. The Holy Spirit does not dwell in unclean places.
  • The best TV ever!!!!

Forget the final episode of Mash, forget the moon landing... Margaret Perrin needs her own reality show on an island with Howard Stern. That would get 60% of the country watching. The people who dragged down the rating on this piece of art should be ashamed. PERFECT. The way it shows the contrast between sanity and insanity is reality TV at it best. I would like to pay her 50,000 to show up at my house for my next party so we could rebuke together. She has the look, the mind, , the hair, the teeth, and the butt for stardom.

Comedy aside those poor children somebody need to call child protective services.
  • Trading Spouses is a "quest to answer one age old question-is the grass truly greener on the other side?" Two opposite mothers (or occasionally fathers) trade houses, families, and lives for one week. Each family gets $50,000 but the new parent spends it.

Usually a great show. Some swaps tend to be boring, but most are nerve wracking, jaw-dropping, and usually hilarious. Notice the way I keep using the word usually. That is because no two swaps are alike, so it never gets old or repetitive. Some swaps result in a change for the better, some result in no change, some result in saved marriages, some result in paid debts. The changes aren't always positive, however. Sometimes, people realize they made a mistake in marrying their spouses, but this is very rare. Other episodes are plain nauseating, especially, me being a teenager sick of being "generalized", seeing stereotypical teenagers. Still this is a great series.
  • Marvas' expressions were good,and she did not judge the others lifestyle, I felt for her in the way the money was dispersed,and her outrage. Marvas' husband was the hemmorid! The Florida husband had no sense or morals, but was a poser for sure!

I like the show very much especially the yuppie couples lifestyle. Henretta, while having a wonderful creatively decorated home seemed empty headed or spacey. Her husband had all the power and money and was so delighted to be on tv. He bites. Was she bi-sexual? Was theirs an open marriage? These things were tasefully in question. Marva was the stark normal reality to others in this show, what a wonderfully expressive woman! Her children were well brought up,though fearful of dad. Her very rude husband hopfully will watch himself and lighten up!
  • de Conciliis/Hawkins Season 3 Episode 3

I truly believe that Mrs. de Conciliis could have made a better decision in utilizing the money for the family., Instead of looking at the interior design of the families home she should considered helping the family with counseling and also I was very upset that she did not give the twins anything, when she saw the situation up close and personal. My heart goes out to this family because Mrs. Hawkins really helped her family and made sure Mrs. de Conciliis kids had what they wanted even though they already are financially stable to get the things they so desire. I really was sad for Mrs. Hawkins. I do not believe that was not cool for her to give a 19 years $4,000 worth of VS and the twins nothing. SMH when you know better you do better. ijs I just did not agree with her decision and I would probably have had the outburst that Mrs. Hawkins did. God bless both families just my opinion.
  • This show can be pretty hilarious at points!

My favorite episodes of Trading Spouses have to be the overly religious woman and the weird guy in California who played banjos and hated furniture. The woman mentioned vomited on the lawn of the family she switched with, she said she smelt the horrible smell of a demon in their home. And at the end when they told her how to spend her $50,000, she ripped up the letter saying it was "tainted". The California family of four was just weird. The father played banjo and beilived in some strange religion based around meditating to UFOs. He also had not one piece of furniture in his home. A very underrated show! Watch it, I think you may enjoy it.
  • I have watched this show since Day one and Never Never have I ever been so disappointed in a program, that would allow someone to intentionally hurt someone in this way. Even Abasi's friends came down on him for his behavior, and I think he stinks

I was APPALLED at the way Abasi treated Margurette on this episode. His wife was treated with respect by Margurette's family, and they actually went into the devastation and did something positive. What did Abasi do? Hide the butter, mistreat her constantly and embarass her in front of his company. BOO to Abasi. He shows that there is still so much hostility between the races of our great America. I am ashamed that the show allowed Margurette to be treated so poorly. I dont know that I can even finish this episode. It's breaking my heart.
  • Wow, what a great show. This shows the difference between an open-mind and a closed-mind, religion has little to nothing to do with this episode as it\'s an excuse for why the lady is so confined.

Woah. This is the first time I\'ve watched this show and it was quite entertaining. I think this episode illistrates how hard it can be for some people to step outside their own comfort zone, and have a discussion. The closed-minded lady didn\'t have to partake in any of the activities, I understand that she thought it was against her beliefs, but she could have had a discussion with the other family.
    She instead chose to have monlogues with each family member and force her views on them. I hope the other family, especially the children, keep in toutch with Jen as she seemed to be a very positive force for that family.
    My first impression was that the \'new age\' family was rather cold and distant, but after seeing their mother return I believe now it was the host mom that lacked compassion and warmth. Jen came across as a warm and compassionate person with great insite.
    I wish them both the best.
  • about tonights show

Margaret Perrin , please read this , I think, anyone who watched this show would agree with me that your in need of mental assistance.
    that poor family you stayed with i hope they dont have nightmares with having the guest from hell. yes you r so brainwashed and mean person ,you are the spawn of satan who you believe everyone else is . i pray for your family that you dont harm them . your the type that would hurt them if they didnt agree with you or said they didnt believe in god anymore you would probably kill them in there sleep. your fanatical, brain has major screws loose & should be locked away in a psychiatric facility near your area. you have committed a sin during the show , wrath/anger. now read your bible and look it up . your church should ban you from their services and blacklist you for your actions & that nasty blonde church lady too!
  • great Funny show. I love the reality.

This show is a funny show. Many will enjoy and be impressed with the show. Wife Swap is better though. Wife Swap lets the Moms do what ever they want to, by Trading Spouses doesnt. Trading Dads will occasionally come on. Not that much though. Most of the episodes are trading moms.
  • This particular episode showed a side of Christianity that few people dare to enter.

I, for one, appreciate fox finally putting Christians on their program that don\'t easily turn coat and fail to profess their faith with vigor. This poor woman has gotten a lot of spite, hate, and criticism for her behavior on the show. Yes, throwing fits and screaming at the camera crew was probably not the shining moment in all of the Christian faith, but this woman gets an astounding amount of kudos for sticking up for her beliefs. She wasn\'t willing to yield her convictions even if it made her look like a fool. I would love to see more and more so-called Christians profess their faith (maybe not as loud or obtusely) with this same un-yielding fury.

Christians should reference the scripture that quotes \"what fellowship does light have with darkness?\" The answer, of course, is none. This woman defended her beliefs to the point of looking incredibly crazy on national television, but I can find few examples of a zealous Christian in today\'s society. Perhaps she was a bit out of line in her absolute expression of her convictions. Perhaps she did go overboard just a tad. But I would rather join her in going overboard than to compromise my faith, my convictions, and what I know to be true. She\'s not out there killing heretics or infidels, but she definitely isn\'t standing by idly. The worst she can be accused of is not being tolerant (which is the most abused word in the human language today) which certainly isn\'t the worst crime in the world.

Thank you, Fox, for finally putting on television people that aren\'t in the religion of \"eh, whatever.\"
  • This along with Wife Swap has been the December "addiction of the month" show for me

This along with Wife Swap has been the December "addiction of the month" show for me. And in every show I ask myself the same question "How in the heck can this person stay married to that jerk?" I do tend to wonder though, if all of these are real. Certain scenerios as just way out there (living like pirates? no job? really?). Some people just seem too big of a total putz to even be allowed to breed. I am sure that some of them are just 1/2 as bad as they are portrayed, but the producers have them to ham it up but still, to go on national TV and let people see how dirty your house is, how lazy you are, how disrespectful your children are (not to mention just plain stupid), that your priorities lie in making sure little Johnny is in touch with his feminine side and can tap dance, how you talk to trees, etc, etc, etc. That is just throwing pride out the window for $50,000. (IMO)

Now I must leave. Its time to take Susie to power weightlifting class and then we get to have a debate on global warming with our rosebush.
  • Appalling behavior by a so called Christian woman.......

I was totally appalled and disgusted with that so called God Warrior's behavior and her over the top anticts!!! She needs a reality check and then needs to check herself into an institution!!!!! Her Husband needs to stand up to that crazy brod and kick her to the curb for the sake of his children and granddaughter who wittnessed her tantrum!!!! She was the most closed minded person I have ever seen. Her way or no way at all. I feel that the children are being abused by that woman!!! Unbelievable how RUDE that woman was!!!! She needs some serious psychiatric help and fast!!!!!!
  • what is wrong with that lady. i feel sorry for her family.

i hope the crazy lady reads this and the other reviews, so maybe she will realize that she is a minority in the world and that other christians have now been stereotyped has wierd and closed minded, crazy, psyhco people. i feel sorry for her children that are now humiliated and ostracized by their peers for the actions of their mother, and i hope her communtiy does not condone her radical views like her friends do, i'll make sure i never move there.
  • Amazingly touching show.

I would like for the Hawkins family's money to be allotted differently. My concern, the portrayal of the caucasian woman who stated how well mannered the young Hawkins 15 year old males were and the way she touched their lives was totally negated once she gave them no money. I don't think she intentionally meant harm but the differences in their cultures and lifestyles was difficult for her to grasp. I am a southern caucasian female and I was raised that you NEVER decorate another woman's house. I personally would have allotted the $10K to the credit cards - having been there myself but then I would have given each child 2K a piece, a family vacation of their choice = $4000, placed $5K into 3 separate CDs for the childrens' educational future, and the rest I would have placed into a savings account for the family's use at their discretion.
  • Trading Spouses gives a bird's eye view into the lifestyles of families across America. We may all live in the same country, but we sure have very different opinions about how to raise kids, keep house, spend money, etc.

Trading Spouses give a bird's eye view into the lifestyles of famlies across America. We may all live in the same country, but we sure have very different opinions about how to raise kids, keep house, spend money, etc. Many of the families on this show have no idea what they are getting into or how exchanging the mother of the family for a new mother will challenge and change them over the course of a week. Do they do it for the $50,000? Many of these people are revealed as weak, shallow, selfish, fearful, and judgmental. Others are very charismatic, flexible, and pragmatic. Black, white, rich, poor, educated, uneducated, old, young, fat, skinny, it's all there. I do like this show.
  • The show is about two families who trade wives for a week or two. And then trade back. And tell the rest of the family how it was.

7.9
    I like this show because it shows some people how lucky they really are to have their spouse. Some people get someone who doesn't cook or clean, when their wife did all of that. It shows these husbands not to take their wives for granteed. And the children learn to respect how their parents treat them. Because some of these traded wives don't take crap from no one. Even if it isn't their house. So really is a learning experience for the whole family. Sometimes the mom seems funnier, not the grass isn't always greener on the other side of the hill.
  • Is this woman allowed at white sales? Holy cow! I spent 2 hours with my mouth agape!

What makes this ridiculous woman think that her opinion has to be known to everyone she encounters. As wretched as she is it amazes me she has lived to be as old as she is. I have family in southern Oregon, minorities. I sure hope she doesn't encounter them. I have a lesbian mom, gay friends and family, I am minority as well as my husband and 2 daughters, and I have friends and family with disabilities. She could have come to a party here **heaven forbid** and talked like that and had the same result. Pepper didn't go down the shopping list for the party and say "I need one of each type of person she has taken issue with", that was simply her group of friends. I don't think Julie understood that.
    There was one point when they were in a restaurant and the waiter was Latino and she said something about speaking the native language of the land. What did she mean? Navaho? Apache? Cherokee? Lakota? WAKE UP JULIE!!! Your ancestors emigrated to this country too!!!!!
    I truly hope she meant what she said at the end of the show. I hope there is more love and ACCEPTANCE in the Chase family before it's too late for those two beautiful girls.

Did anyone else think it looked like a scene from the mental ward when she was riding home in the taxi?

I feel better getting this off my chest. Thank you for the forum
  • This show needs a little twist! Maybe a competition between the two wifes to see \"who understands who\'s family more at the end\" and their needs rather than \"both getting $50,000\". Some of these wifes are pure greedy and mouthy.

I love the show however the wives that \"cry\" they didn\'t get the money situated the way they wanted it \"make me hysterical\". How greedy they look! Do they know they look that way to their families? Some are even rude and intrusive to the children as if they know \"the answers\" to everyday strife.

The wives should be more concerned (in my opinion) with learning more and judging less.
    If this show does nothing else it shows that some women are never happy and others are born that way. Some seem not to know about blessings (let alone counting them).
  • no i do not think this was funny,,,scarey at the most downgrade on both sides of religion,,,mostly for the christian people,aren,t this people told anything about he other,,

7.2
    i think this was a scare me away from religion any ones,,i think this episode will upset a lot of people,,for everyone should know if you don,t belive in spirits then don,t belive in god or jesus,,,did not become a spirt before rising to god,,,and was it in the spirit to make the blind see umm,,,, and did not god create the earth and all in it so when the lit candles and incense a raised their hands to the greater our god for all things he gave us,,,i say they thought was gonna boost their rating with episode,,,maybe what you think
  • CA moms

I have watched two family switches. The Verdutto mom and the Gates mom both came off looking badly. They showed up in Tennessee and Louisiana respectively, with attitudes. The first mom was shallow and dense. The San Diego mom was a mean hypocrite. She was lecturing her guests about how soy burgers save you from cancer and then two seconds later the cameras showed her drinking beer and smoking. I hope she watches the show and sees how she came across.
  • Dave Crow awful parenting!

Dave Crow it is absolutely horrible how you treat your child chad! It made me so sad to see his face when you kept making such hateful comments at the museum when all he wanted to do was hang out with his father! You should be ashamed I've never seen such favoritism you act like you despise your child! My thoughts and prayers go out to you to open your eyes and see the pain you caused your child!!!
< 1 2