Transformers Animated

Five Servos of Doom

Aired Saturday 8:00 AM Apr 04, 2009 on Cartoon Network

• Sentinel Prime mysteriously captures the most powerful Decepticons while the Autobots are wary of his methods and wonder if he's had assistance.

Great episode! It featured tidbits of Prowl's past, his connection with Lockdown and origins and how he aspired to become a Ninja bot. The only thing missing was showing how Lockdown got the drop on Yoketron, their former sensai and his escape with the guarded Protoforms. In the episode, Prowl finally learned the "Processor over Matter" technique thanks to being captured by Lockdown's chicanery. Lockdown sabotaged the helmet he stole from Yoketron to capture Prowl, the Decepticons and to steal their modifications. It was interesting to see how Prowl and Lockdown's paths were connected to the past as former Yoketron students. It was even more interesting to see that Prowl was somewhat of a misfit in his younger stellar cycles.

Sentinel Prime is bot that you love to hate with his holier-than-thou attitude. He may ultimately betray the Autobots at some point because he seems to be headed down the path of greed and avarice. He's beyond selfish and thrives to take all the glory for himself. It was good to see Optimus put him in his place after learning he hired Lockdown to capture a majority of the Decepticons. The Autobots, Prowl in particular were hot on Sentinel Prime's trail and soon learned that he enlisted Lockdown to help capture the Decepticons. As Sentinel tried to explain the error of coming to Lockdown for an aid, he was betrayed as the latest apparent Starscream clone offered more in energon and weaponry. Ultimately, Prowl saved the day by escaping and besting Lockdown by utilizing Processor over Matter.

It was nice to see a cameo appearance from Cliffjumper and appearances with Jazz and the Autobot twins, Jetstorm and Jetfire. Hopefully, we'll see what happens with the Autobot traitor Longarm Prime/Shockwave and the stolen Magnus Hammer in the next installment.
  • One certain bounty hunter is back, you know it's gonna be an awesome episode. And we get to see some of Prowl's past.

Last week I said that "Where is Thy Sting?" may be my favorite episode. I wasn't completely 100% sure of it. But now I am. THIS is my favoite episode, for a number of reasons. Prowl is my favorite Autobot, and we finally get to see some of his past. And it's very cool, we see him train to become a Cyber Ninja. His teacher is a bot called Yoketron, I think that's how it's spelled, I may be wrong though. He's voiced by George Takei, who does a great job BTW. This plot of course ties nicely in with the rest of the episode set in the present. We get to know of a "bad cyber ninja student" that left long ago. Hmmm, I wonder who that could be? No, really, I had no idea it would be...more on that later.

In the episode, Sentinel, of all bots, has seemingly managed to capture Blitzwing, Sunstorm, Swindle and Lugnut. Yeah, right off the bat, you know something's fishy. And what do you know? Lockdown is actually the one capturing these Decepticons. Of course he turns on Sentinel as soon as Ramjet offers a better deal. We also learn that Lockdown is the bad student. And that he killed Yoketron. This just proves furthermore that Lockdown is absolutely brutal and ruthless. He's such a great villain, Lance Henriksen returns, giving an amazing performance as usual. The episode ends with Prowl learning "Processor over Matter" and keeping the Samurai armour we saw in "A Fistful of Energon".

There's one thing in the episode I found interesting. Lockdown raids Yoketron's place, and I think he stole some protoforms. Here's a crazy theory, maybe Sumdac is lying again, maybe HE paid Lockdown to bring him some protoforms. And that's how Sari came to earth? Again, this is a crazy theory and a very crazy one at that.

Best episode yet, I may change my mind next week. though Oh yes, it's the one I've been waiting for, "Predacons Rising". Man, I love this show.