Transformers Animated Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2009)

Final Thoughts

E-Hero21

[1]May 24, 2009
    • level: 6
    Now that Endgame has been aired and been revealed to be the last episode, what are your thoughts of the series as a whole? How would you compare it to past transformers series in how it was handled?
    Edited on 05/24/2009 11:53am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Ignauticka

[2]May 24, 2009
    • level: 17

Eh, it's not one of the best, but it's not the worst. Here are the Transformers Continuity Ratings, in my opinion:

In order from worst to best:

1: Energon

2: RID

3: Beast Machines

4: Beast Wars 2

5: Beast Wars Neo

6: Masterforce

7: Victory

8: Animated

9: Cybertron

10: Armada

11: G1

12: Beast Wars

13: Movie

syrusfan

[3]May 24, 2009
    • level: 38
    Ignauticka wrote:

Eh, it's not one of the best, but it's not the worst. Here are the Transformers Continuity Ratings, in my opinion:

In order from worst to best:

1: Energon

2: RID

3: Beast Machines

4: Beast Wars 2

5: Beast Wars Neo

6: Masterforce

7: Victory

8: Animated

9: Cybertron

10: Armada

11: G1

12: Beast Wars

13: Movie

Only series I like is the film since it's the only one I've seen. I've seen bits and pieces of this, but I always throught the animation was too bad to grab my attention.

HEATXZ

[4]May 24, 2009
    • level: 9
    Transformers Animated is a great series
    My favorite season is Season 3
    I only things i didn't like was the Human Villains and that Optimus Prime doesn't have his Mouthplate on all the time

E-Hero21

[5]May 24, 2009
    Personally I liked the Unicron Trilogy from Armoda to Cybertron and the movie a lot. I honestly thought Transformers Animated wasn't the best Transformers series but hey, thats what happens when America makes their own version of the series following something like the Unicron Trilogy, it rarely beats it out. Though some of the things that were my peeves with the series were

1. Sentinel Prime was just obnoxious and pig headed the whole series and only got worse after becoming the temperary Magnus. They never even bothered to give him a dose of humility

2. Starscream's was just as obnoxious and his voice didnt help that which is sad cuz I actually like Starscream

3. Lugnut's appraisal of Megatron like he was some kind of god got on my nerves when he started it

4. The first part of season 1 involved the Autobots fighting human super villain wannabes

5. Optomus not even being important at all in the Autobots to the point that the only time Megatron even acknowledged his name was in the very last episode despite that they're supposed to be eternal rivals. In fact Optomus never even became leader of the Autobots but was just the leader of the earth team.

6. The whole concept of them using oil as a drink.

7. The general appearance of Bulkhead. Even though he only appeared in Transformers Energon before this, at least I could take him serious. I just couldn't take his appearance seriously in this.

8.The fact that Prime was a rank rather than it being a title given to the one holding the Matrix of Leadership(which never existed in this series) and it being lower than Magnus (which was apparently also a rank)

9. The whole thing with that Autobots could only be land vehicles while Decepticons could only be flying vehicles. Seriously, what was up with that, it made no sense.

thats about it on my list.

maya14belle

[6]May 25, 2009
    • level: 8
    E-Hero21 wrote:
    Personally I liked the Unicron Trilogy from Armoda to Cybertron and the movie a lot. I honestly thought Transformers Animated wasn't the best Transformers series but hey, thats what happens when America makes their own version of the series following something like the Unicron Trilogy, it rarely beats it out. Though some of the things that were my peeves with the series were

1. Sentinel Prime was just obnoxious and pig headed the whole series and only got worse after becoming the temperary Magnus. They never even bothered to give him a dose of humility

2. Starscream's was just as obnoxious and his voice didnt help that which is sad cuz I actually like Starscream

3. Lugnut's appraisal of Megatron like he was some kind of god got on my nerves when he started it

4. The first part of season 1 involved the Autobots fighting human super villain wannabes

5. Optomus not even being important at all in the Autobots to the point that the only time Megatron even acknowledged his name was in the very last episode despite that they're supposed to be eternal rivals. In fact Optomus never even became leader of the Autobots but was just the leader of the earth team.

6. The whole concept of them using oil as a drink.

7. The general appearance of Bulkhead. Even though he only appeared in Transformers Energon before this, at least I could take him serious. I just couldn't take his appearance seriously in this.

8.The fact that Prime was a rank rather than it being a title given to the one holding the Matrix of Leadership(which never existed in this series) and it being lower than Magnus (which was apparently also a rank)

9. The whole thing with that Autobots could only be land vehicles while Decepticons could only be flying vehicles. Seriously, what was up with that, it made no sense.

thats about it on my list.

They are machines, that was why oil was used as a drink.

E-Hero21

[7]May 25, 2009
    Yea I know but it just seemed a bit overly silly to me, especially the way Scrapper and Mixmaster depicted it. I mean they joined the Decepticons because Megatron had 'the good stuff' of oil

Ignauticka

[8]May 25, 2009
    • level: 17
    Eh, they're trying to make the constructicons like Real Construction workers. I liked that in transformers, they make the characters more human in their personalities.

Zamxus

[9]May 26, 2009
    • level: 22

personally i think this is better than the Unicron trilogy. I sat through the Unicron Trilogy every morning and it sucked. But here's my list of things wrong with TFA:

1. They waste too much time with things that aren't important to the general plot

2. They never mentioned what became of certain people. Like the "Female" Starscream EVEN THOUGH she appeared in the first part of the Series Finale.

3. WTF is that s**t hanging around Optimus's neck at the end? TransformersWiki says it looks like a Matrix of Leadership but i wouldn't know.

4. I like the way they look but sometimes it's annoying when they waste like 2 or 3 minutes with a Detailed Transformation

5. And then the regular transformation is litterally JUST A BLUR!!

i've gotta go so that's it for now.

E-Hero21

[10]May 26, 2009
    Zamxus wrote:

personally i think this is better than the Unicron trilogy. I sat through the Unicron Trilogy every morning and it sucked. But here's my list of things wrong with TFA:

1. They waste too much time with things that aren't important to the general plot

2. They never mentioned what became of certain people. Like the "Female" Starscream EVEN THOUGH she appeared in the first part of the Series Finale.

3. WTF is that s**t hanging around Optimus's neck at the end? TransformersWiki says it looks like a Matrix of Leadership but i wouldn't know.

4. I like the way they look but sometimes it's annoying when they waste like 2 or 3 minutes with a Detailed Transformation

5. And then the regular transformation is litterally JUST A BLUR!!

i've gotta go so that's it for now.

Yea I didn't really get what the point was of bringing up the female Starscream was in the first part when all she was gonna do was shoot down Optimus. My guess is she's either in hiding or offline from when Jazz and Prowl gathered the allspark fragments since it was a shard of Starscream's shard that was powering her.

As for what was around Optimus' neck at the end, I read that it was the gathered allspark fragments

syrusfan

[11]May 26, 2009
    I read this on Wikipedia because I get really bored, and I was rather surprrsied. Does Prowl really die?

Zamxus

[12]May 26, 2009
    yup. he sacrifices himself to save everyone. Plus he comes back as a ghost to save Optimus. That proves, Prowl is awesome. Even in death.

syrusfan

[13]May 26, 2009
    Zamxus wrote:
    yup. he sacrifices himself to save everyone. Plus he comes back as a ghost to save Optimus. That proves, Prowl is awesome. Even in death.
    Indeed. From the small fragments of episodes I've seen, he does seem preatty cool.

Zamxus

[14]May 29, 2009

Wasp lame.

BUT WASPINATOR IS THE COOLEST!!!!

JunTajiri

[16]Jun 2, 2009
    • level: 4
    Series was damn awesome. Fav = Animated Hot Shot and Bumblebee. Though I do wish Hot Shot had more appearences and a bit more awesomeness because he looked cool but a bit (I can't believe I am saying this) weak.

Animated, IMO, is my favourite series. 2nd is Armada. This was the best series since Armada..

blackmagechris1

[17]Jun 8, 2009
    • level: 12
    Best Series since Beast Wars and I'm not saying that just because the show an improvement to previous shows like I did when Transformers: Cybertron showed. The only bad thing is the show has a 5-second ending and has many loose ends. I guess the writers weren't planning to make this the last season until they were told in the last minute. I hope the series continue in some form.

Runty_Grunty

[18]Jun 12, 2009
    • level: 11
    blackmagechris1 wrote:
    Best Series since Beast Wars and I'm not saying that just because the show an improvement to previous shows like I did when Transformers: Cybertron showed. The only bad thing is the show has a 5-second ending and has many loose ends. I guess the writers weren't planning to make this the last season until they were told in the last minute. I hope the series continue in some form.

QFT. I personally thought the four anime versions after Beast Wars/Beast Machines were crap. This was a great series, and I hope to see another kickass one like this in the future.

Here's hoping we get to see Sari again in some shape or form... someday...

blackmagechris1

[19]Jun 18, 2009
    • level: 12
    Runty_Grunty wrote:
    QFT. I personally thought the four anime versions after Beast Wars/Beast Machines were crap.
    Well, Cybertron really was a huge improvement over it's two (not)prequels. The kids weren't as annoying compared to the Armada Brats and that loudmouth. the plot actually went somewhere throughout the whole series, has character development and not derailment(glares at Energon and BM), and has better dubbing. However it still has long ways to being the next Beast Wars but it seems Animated took the mantle.

swtt

[20]Jul 28, 2009
    • level: 18
    Why did the series end in the first place? It didn't have that many episodes.