Transformers Animated Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2009)

"This Is Why I Hate Machines" Discussion

Rate This Episode

warnerbroman

[1]May 9, 2009
    • level: 15

"This Is Why I Hate Machines" premieres today- May 9th, 2009- at 8:00am (ET) on Cartoon Network. Discuss the episode here:

Edited on 05/09/2009 2:26pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

maya14belle

[2]May 9, 2009
    • level: 8

I

warnerbroman wrote:
    This is Why I Hate Machines Discussion
    I saw the episode. It was amazing. I liked how Ratchet and Captain Fanzone worked together when they were transported on Cybertron. The other Autobots did not appear, but there were a lot of things that happened which made this episode great irregardless.

There is this robot with buck teeth who people on Youtube say is Rattrap. How can that be? His name was not even said out loud.

Ratchet was able to get Ultra Magnus's hammer from Shockwave. HOORAY, RATCHET! Arcee also made an appearance. But she was in something I think was stasis lock and Shockwave kidnapped her. In the end, she showed signs of having some of her memory back by saying Ratchet's name. I think she really is starting to remember again. I can't wait to see her again.

Sentinel Prime however acted like a big jerk and scum, maybe more than ever. And I was really starting to think he was changing ever since "Predacons Risng." In fact, Jazz finally has enough of Sentinel and follows Ratchet and Captain Fanzone to Earth to stick with the Autobots. Even though I did admire him for his respect and tolerance of Sentinel, I find him a lot more cool and amazing for his actions in this episode.

Edited on 05/09/2009 10:03am
    Edited 2 total times.

macabre190788

[3]May 9, 2009
    • level: 26
    Attention customers.

"Purple Shockwave".

That is all.

primallynx

[4]May 9, 2009
    • level: 14

This was a great episode just for the characters they showed. Rattrap, Grandus, Firestar, Tracks, Steeljaw, Fortress Maximus, Metroplex and possibly more that I missed. Purple Shockwave was cool to see, also the return hopefully of Arcee.

One thing though. Jazz tells Sentinal that he'll go after them, but tells Ratchet that he's tired of following Sentinal. Is he lying to Ratchet? To Sentinal? Is he playing both sides? Maybe some kind of double-agent or spy? I hope not.

Before this series ends I'd like to see Punch/Counterpunch, Cheetor, Tarantulas, the Aerialbots, the Stunticons, and for some reason, Botanica.

maya14belle

[5]May 9, 2009
    primallynx wrote:

This was a great episode just for the characters they showed. Rattrap, Grandus, Firestar, Tracks, Steeljaw, Fortress Maximus, Metroplex and possibly more that I missed. Purple Shockwave was cool to see, also the return hopefully of Arcee.

One thing though. Jazz tells Sentinal that he'll go after them, but tells Ratchet that he's tired of following Sentinal. Is he lying to Ratchet? To Sentinal? Is he playing both sides? Maybe some kind of double-agent or spy? I hope not.

Before this series ends I'd like to see Punch/Counterpunch, Cheetor, Tarantulas, the Aerialbots, the Stunticons, and for some reason, Botanica.

Jazz is a very kind-hearted Autobot. How dare you suggest that about him? He did secretly help Ratchet and Captain Fanzone on Cybertron because they needed and deserved it.

Runty_Grunty

[6]May 9, 2009
    • level: 11
    This was a stellar episode. I initially thought it was just going to be filler, but that's clearly not the case.

Seeing Ratchet kicking ass on Cybertron was a real treat, especially against Shockwave. Not the best action sequences I've seen, but definitely worthwhile.

Captain Fanzone also got plenty of spotlight time in this episode. His methods of interrogating "Rattrap" were particularly funny.

And the Arcee appearance: epic.

All this is leading to a great season finale. PLEASE say this isn't the end of it all...

maya14belle

[7]May 9, 2009
    Runty_Grunty wrote:
    This was a stellar episode. I initially thought it was just going to be filler, but that's clearly not the case.

Seeing Ratchet kicking ass on Cybertron was a real treat, especially against Shockwave. Not the best action sequences I've seen, but definitely worthwhile.

Captain Fanzone also got plenty of spotlight time in this episode. His methods of interrogating "Rattrap" were particularly funny.

And the Arcee appearance: epic.

All this is leading to a great season finale. PLEASE say this isn't the end of it all...

How can people tell it is Rattrap? His name is not even said in the episode.

JusticeLeaguer

[8]May 9, 2009
    • level: 61
    I think people are just assuming that it's Rattrap.

warnerbroman

[9]May 9, 2009
    • level: 15
    JusticeLeaguer wrote:
    it's rattletrap

HEATXZ

[10]May 10, 2009
    • level: 9
    Awesome episode
    It's a good idea to have Jazz join Prime's Group on Earth

Maxximus_Prime

[11]May 12, 2009
    glad Jazz will be a part of the group on Earth. i wonder if Arcee is going to stay online and rejoin the Elite Guard. it'll be interesting to see if Lugnut attacks Shockwave out of jealousy.

JusticeLeaguer

[12]May 22, 2009
    • level: 61
    warnerbroman wrote:
    JusticeLeaguer wrote:
    it's rattletrap

I think people just assumed wrong, lol.

blackmagechris1

[13]May 25, 2009
    • level: 12

maya14belle wrote:
    I guess you never watch Beast Wars, the character with buck teeth is a homage to a Beast Wars character. According to the episode credits, the guy's name in this series is actually Rattletrap.

Well, on to the last two episodes after watching Bleach, Geass and everything else that's on the VCR tape.

Edited on 05/25/2009 6:47pm

maya14belle

[14]May 25, 2009
    blackmagechris1 wrote:

maya14belle wrote:
    I guess you never watch Beast Wars, the character with buck teeth is a homage to a Beast Wars character. According to the episode credits, the guy's name in this series is actually Rattletrap.

Well, on to the last two episodes after watching Bleach, Geass and everything else that's on the VCR tape.

I have been watching Beast Wars for months. How dare you suggest I have not seen Beast Wars?

blackmagechris1

[15]May 26, 2009
    • level: 12
    maya14belle wrote:
    blackmagechris1 wrote:

maya14belle wrote:

I have been watching Beast Wars for months. How dare you suggest I have not seen Beast Wars?
    Well sorry, it just sounded like you never watch the show. How am I suppose to know if you seen the show or not? Even we never heard his name, anybody can tell who the character is a homage to and everybody is going to call him that right away.

maya14belle

[16]May 27, 2009
    blackmagechris1 wrote:
    maya14belle wrote:
    blackmagechris1 wrote:

maya14belle wrote:

Well sorry, it just sounded like you never watch the show. How am I suppose to know if you seen the show or not? Even we never heard his name, anybody can tell who the character is a homage to and everybody is going to call him that right away.

That time, I was unnecesarily angry. I am sorry.