Transformers Animated

Transform and Roll Out, Part I

Aired Saturday 8:00 AM Dec 26, 2007 on Cartoon Network

• I'm impressed

I've come to the sad conclusion that the 80's are dead & unfortunatly aren't coming back no matter how we wish for them to. However, unlike the awful 2d/3d crap that was Energon & Cybertron, this ANIMATED attempt appears to have a LOT of potential.

My complaints are few. I'm not crazy about the choice of animation style or the decision to make the Autobots younger but both grew on me as I got involved in the story. The one thing that absolutley turned me off was our heroes uttering phrases like 'As If'. It only happened 2 or 3 times but it was that many too many.

The upside for this series is tremendous though. The voice actors, while naturally aren't as good as the original crew, fit the characters very well. The human characters were likeable. The story had a nice pace & the storyboarders seem to know where they want take this. The one question mark is The Decepticons. They're not involved much is this opening chapter & most of them are new (not sure why they didn't bring the originals back). I will be watching this series with great interest.