Transformers Cybertron Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

Cybertron to leave Toonami once more

JetixMasterDan

[1]Mar 25, 2006
    • level: 53
    This may make some people angry (then again it may not), but Duel Masters 2.0 returns to Toonami on April 22nd at 7 PM replacing Cybertron. It's believed that Duel Masters 2.0 only has 13 episodes though, which means it'll finish its run by the end of May, meaning Cybertron will probably be returning to Toonami in June for the remainder of its episodes. I'll keep you posted as I find out additional information.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

enervator

[2]Mar 26, 2006
    • level: 38
    I absolutely hated this show in the beginning. Now they've finally got it going and I'm really looking forward to the new episodes each week, and they're taking it off again? Give me a break. Cybertron and Justice League are the only two Cartoon Network shows I watch, and they seem to find any excuse to not show either of them.

JetixMasterDan

[3]Mar 26, 2006
    Cybertron will still air Monday thru Thursday at 6:30 AM, so they're not taking it off the air. They are just taking it off of Toonami to finish off Duel Masters 2.0. After that, Cybertron will most likely be back on Toonami to finish off the episodes.

airraptorxrc

[4]Mar 27, 2006
    • level: 28
    Let me guess - it's going to be all the old episodes again.

I swear, it's this sort of thing that is behind Cartoon Network's recent decline.

Clockerevac12

[5]Mar 28, 2006
    • level: 10
    I hope you guys get Cybertron Back soon

JetixMasterDan

[6]Mar 30, 2006
    airraptorxrc wrote:
    Let me guess - it's going to be all the old episodes again.

I swear, it's this sort of thing that is behind Cartoon Network's recent decline.

Cartoon Network does not typically show old episodes on Toonami. Toonami and Friday's are basically CN's 2 premiere blocks (and occassionally Miguzi). The only things that will be repeats on Toonami are the Naruto encore and Dragonball Z. Everything else remains premieres on CN. Offically, this is the schedule:

7 PM- Duel Masters 2.0/ Transformers Cybertron
    7:30- Dragonball Z
    8 PM- Zatch Bell
    8:30- Naruto encore
    9 PM- Naruto
    9:30- One Piece
    10 PM- Bobobo-Bo Bo-bobo
    10:30- Justice League Unlimited/ IGPX

airraptorxrc

[7]Mar 31, 2006
    JetixMasterDan wrote:
    Cartoon Network does not typically show old episodes on Toonami. Toonami and Friday's are basically CN's 2 premiere blocks (and occassionally Miguzi). The only things that will be repeats on Toonami are the Naruto encore and Dragonball Z. Everything else remains premieres on CN. Offically, this is the schedule:

8 PM- Zatch Bell
    9 PM- Naruto
    10 PM- Bobobo-Bo Bo-bobo

This is what the schedule *should* be:

7 pm - Duel Masters
    7:30 - Naruto Encore
    8 pm - Cybertron
    8:30 - One Peice
    9 pm - Naruto
    9:30 - JLU

They can dump the stupidity like Zatch Bell, Bobobo, and relegate Dragonball Z to Boomerang.

But then, I don't work at Time Warner, so what do I know.

JetixMasterDan

[8]Mar 31, 2006
    airraptorxrc wrote:
    JetixMasterDan wrote:

8 PM- Zatch Bell
    9 PM- Naruto
    10 PM- Bobobo-Bo Bo-bobo

7 pm - Duel Masters
    8 pm - Cybertron
    9 pm - Naruto

They can dump the stupidity like Zatch Bell, Bobobo, and relegate Dragonball Z to Boomerang.

They must show IGPX, because IGPX is the first ever Toonami original. It also has its second season- only 13 episodes, waiting in the wing. Once the 2nd seasons done, so is IGPX.

Bobobo is the 4th rated show on Toonami. Zatch Bell is the #2 rated show on Toonami. Dragonball Z still brings in the ratings as well (I believe it's rated #7 out of the current shows). Say what you want, but Duel Masters 2.0 and Transformers Cybertron draw the lowest ratings on the block, and Hasbro has only bought the 7 PM Saturday slot, so they could not air both at the same time. It is also my opinion that they shouldn't have an "encore" of Naruto on Toonami. The only reason they still have it on is because Wulin Warriors bombed so badly, and they had to find something to put in that spot. DBZ and Naruto both draw much higher ratings than Wulin ever dreamed of.

The Toonami ratings rankings are as follows:
    1- Naruto
    2- Zatch Bell
    3- One Piece
    4- Bobobo-Bo Bo-bobo
    5- Naruto encore
    6- Justice League Unlimited/ IGPX
    7- Dragonball Z/ Teen Titans
    8- Duel Masters 2.0/ Transformers Cybertron

It's strange, but I remember when the Titans and JLU always dominated the ratings. Now they're two of the lower rated shows on the block.
    Edited on 03/31/2006 7:59am

Clockerevac12

[9]Apr 1, 2006
    JetixMasterDan wrote:
    airraptorxrc wrote:
    JetixMasterDan wrote:

8 PM- Zatch Bell
    9 PM- Naruto
    10 PM- Bobobo-Bo Bo-bobo

7 pm - Duel Masters
    8 pm - Cybertron
    9 pm - Naruto

They must show IGPX, because IGPX is the first ever Toonami original. It also has its second season- only 13 episodes, waiting in the wing. Once the 2nd seasons done, so is IGPX.

Bobobo is the 4th rated show on Toonami. Zatch Bell is the #2 rated show on Toonami. Dragonball Z still brings in the ratings as well (I believe it's rated #7 out of the current shows). Say what you want, but Duel Masters 2.0 and Transformers Cybertron draw the lowest ratings on the block, and Hasbro has only bought the 7 PM Saturday slot, so they could not air both at the same time. It is also my opinion that they shouldn't have an "encore" of Naruto on Toonami. The only reason they still have it on is because Wulin Warriors bombed so badly, and they had to find something to put in that spot. DBZ and Naruto both draw much higher ratings than Wulin ever dreamed of.

1- Naruto
    2- Zatch Bell
    3- One Piece
    4- Bobobo-Bo Bo-bobo
    5- Naruto encore

It's strange, but I remember when the Titans and JLU always dominated the ratings. Now they're two of the lower rated shows on the block.

Maybe Titans and Justice League are low rated is Because they are no longer having New episode

JetixMasterDan

[10]Apr 1, 2006
    Clockerevac12 wrote:
    JetixMasterDan wrote:
    airraptorxrc wrote:
    JetixMasterDan wrote:

8 PM- Zatch Bell
    9 PM- Naruto
    10 PM- Bobobo-Bo Bo-bobo

7 pm - Duel Masters
    8 pm - Cybertron
    9 pm - Naruto

1- Naruto
    2- Zatch Bell
    3- One Piece
    4- Bobobo-Bo Bo-bobo
    5- Naruto encore

Maybe Titans and Justice League are low rated is Because they are no longer having New episode

JLU is still showing new episodes. The Titans were as well until the end of November, and they were only 6th when they showed new episodes. The thing out of those ratings is the only ones that changed locations from last October and last November were One Piece/ Zatch Bell, which just swapped 2nd and 3rd positions and IGPX/ Teen Titans- which swapped 6th and 7th. That's why Toonami isn't having many changes- there shows are winning it all on Saturday night.
    Edited on 04/01/2006 10:44am

airraptorxrc

[11]Apr 3, 2006
    The reason Cybertron is rated so low is because CN treats it so badly. You should have seen the reaction at the Seibertron.com forums when the news hit. In fact, here's the link:

http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/viewtopic.php?t=80735&sid=3cdc75d116286df435b7c9c672677f68

enervator

[12]Apr 3, 2006
    I agree. If CN is going to bounce shows like Cybertron and JLU around on the schedule then of course the ratings are going to drop. JLU is especially bad, because it comes and goes so much and they apparently aren't repeating any episodes, so if you miss one that's it. CN has treated all its Transformers series in a similar fashion, having them disappear for periods at a time, then putting them through an endless cycle of reruns, and then suddenly popping out new episodes without warning. They even did the same thing with Masters of the Universe, and that series is now long gone. I was so happy a few years back when I saw that Transformers was coming back to TV, but CN has made this a very frustrating experience.

Clockerevac12

[13]Apr 3, 2006
    Ytv will Keep airing them without a Break so by this Summer we should be done and Maybe the Keep Post Poning it is Hasbro wants to Have enough time to sell the Charecters after they Debut

SPDShadowRanger

[14]Apr 3, 2006
    • level: 72
    Again, this is starting to make me very angry!

JetixMasterDan

[15]Apr 12, 2006
    Well, I registered at seibertron.com so I can go comment on the board, but they apparently don't trust me since I posted the news at TV.com

I got this news from the Toon Zone schedule, who, in turn, got their information from the Cartoon Network schedule grid. I also find it ironic that they are saying we should complain to Hasbro that they aren't treating their show right, when Duel Masters 2.0 is owned and dubbed by Hasbro as well. Hasbro is just having the higher rated show air.

TamerZack

[16]Apr 13, 2006
    • level: 1
    The members at Seibertron.com are very different than at other boards just ignor what they say.

Clockerevac12

[17]Apr 13, 2006
    I want to join Seibertron.com

airraptorxrc

[18]Apr 14, 2006
    TamerZack wrote:
    The members at Seibertron.com are very different than at other boards just ignor what they say.

Of course they are - their rabid Transformers fans (most of them). And if you think the Cartoon/Comics board is bad, you should see the HMW threads.

But I'm derailing this one, so back on track.

enervator

[19]Apr 15, 2006
    So that's it. No more episodes until...who knows? I really hope this is a short break, and I hope even more that once they bring the show back they air the remaining episodes without interruption.

Are there any more new Transformers series out there on the horizon, or is Cybertron the end of the road?

Clockerevac12

[20]Apr 17, 2006
    Probably Cybertron will be back after Duel Masters Airs all 13 Remaning Episodes