Transformers Prime Beast Hunters

Darkest Hour

Aired Friday 7:30 PM Nov 02, 2012 on The Hub

• Darkness Rising

This is to me one of the best episodes of the show, this episode really makes the show take an unfun turn because it's one of those ones where the good guys actually lose.

There really isn't much to say, I felt Optimus Prime was really at his best in this episode and justifys why he's been one of my favorate Autobot's in the franchise. The decision he made about destroying their chance to revive Cybertron and it's inhabitants in order to save Earth and the human trio was probably the hardest decision he had to make. That's probably a hard decision for anyone, save one world to doom another yeah it's not exactly win win but more like a hollow victory. I really liked seeing some of the emotion on his face, you can tell he doesn't entirely like the choice he made and wonders if there was another way, even though in reality there wasn't.

However the worst was yet to come, after Optimus's action it was Megatron's turn to roll and unfortunately he rolled a big number. As we see him execute phase 2 revenge against the autobots and phase 3 the conquest of earth. And we see just everything go to hell, as Megatron constructs his fortress which is unfortunately next door to the autobot base.

I really liked the siege battle as we see the Deceptcons go all out, I liked seeing both Fowler and Wheeljack kick some butt in that arial battle which was just crazy because you just see Incectacons and Decepticon flunkies fill the sky left and right up and down. And of course everyone is evacuating but they all have to seperate, which is a problem because despite all being safe unfortunately to maintain safety they'll be unable to find or contact each other which could be months may'be even years. And we see each of the Autobots along with the trio all go their seperate ways, and there was one moment that was a bit emotional when both Jack and Miko look at each other sadly before leaving. I don't know if this means anything but I feel in a way it shows how close both charcters have become which makes the seperation sad, but I also feel this marks the end of innocence for Miko, Jack, and Raph.

And the final scene was heart sinking and put tears in my eyes as Optimus makes another big decision which is to stay behind and destroy the space bridge and controls of the base. Once the base was destroyed I just couldn't be sure of anything anymore.

I honestly don't know what the next season will bring, hopefully we'll see a few new Autobots and Decepticons. The ones I'm waiting to see are the Constructcons whom form Devestator that would really make my day. I definately want more battles out in the open, mainly in the cities and not covert, I don't feel theres a need for it anymore. And finally I'd like to see the human trio a little older, if the new season takes place years latter but we would see how they've changed whether for better or worse, they will still have the dynamic but it won't be the same. Yeah I know this is all theory, well that's one of the reasons I anticipate the next season so my theories will be proven right or wrong.

As day ends the darkness shall rise.