End of the line

MajLorne

[1]Jul 25, 2013
    • level: 21

One more episode and the show is done. I admit i was hard on the show from the early episodes, but this season along with last season have been pretty good. My only wish was they didn't have an army of decepticon drones and some more actual individual characters. It also would've been nice to have at least one combiner teams for each side.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

AndyDauplaise

[2]Jul 26, 2013
    • level: 3
    MajLorne wrote:

One more episode and the show is done. I admit i was hard on the show from the early episodes, but this season along with last season have been pretty good. My only wish was they didn't have an army of decepticon drones and some more actual individual characters. It also would've been nice to have at least one combiner teams for each side.

Um there's still 13 more episodes to air since ever other season had 26 episodes, they wouldn't end with a 13 episode season.

MajLorne

[3]Jul 26, 2013

This season is 13 eps this is so it had the 65 ep minimum. Unless you have proof there is another 13 eps, this was final. 13 eps for a season is not unheard of.

edit: Also it seems there might be a movie to wrap up this shortened season. (just read up on it on wikipedia *yes take it with a grain of salt)

=

As for the episode, Not the ending I want, but all things concidered, it was a decent way to end. Still some unresolved plots like zombie arachnid and the insecticons, starscream and shockwave still out there, soundwave will return (i don't think he'd be stuck there forever)... on and on... The two highs I think I can say is bee can finally talk (but why does he sound like Jack?) and Prime doesn't 'die' or lose his memory. So a good ending for the big guy.

Edited on 07/26/2013 10:04pm
    Edited 2 total times.

OmegaForteGS

[4]Jul 27, 2013
    • level: 10
    It was confirmed at a convention that the movie will happen.

Predacons, Decepticons & Autobots must work together to stop Unicron who is using Megatron's dead body.

The clip shown at the convention shows 3 of the autobots finding 2 Predacons.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHj_nW_H15M

Flashheat

[5]Jul 27, 2013
    • level: 13
    Enjoyed the episode. Have to admit, I did NOT expect the Shadowzone to get used again.

Also, seems the new Cybertron has some problems it's going to have to deal with, notably the Predacon running, not to mention it's moon is now infested with robot vampires.

AndyRogan

[6]Jul 27, 2013
    • level: 3

I was hoping the resurrected bumblebee would want to be known as goldbug as a nod to gen1.

Also, another unresolved was smokescreen being lined up as a prime, similar to hot rod

TenTen

[7]Jul 27, 2013

This was a good series, and I wish it could of ended over 100 episodes. This series could of caught up with Star Wars: The Clone Wars which lasted 108 episodes. I also listen to Bumble Bee's voice very carefully in the last episode. I believe that voice actor is none other than Will Friedle. The one who played Batman Beyond and Lion O from the latest series ThunderCats.

Edited on 07/27/2013 5:58pm

MajLorne

[8]Jul 27, 2013
    AndyRogan wrote:

I was hoping the resurrected bumblebee would want to be known as goldbug as a nod to gen1.

Also, another unresolved was smokescreen being lined up as a prime, similar to hot rod

i think they gave us a nod about that, but unless they were to kill prime in the movie or he sacrifices himself (which i hope not). Then it is possible hotrod, er smokescreen could be 'rodimus' prime.

Plot sounds interesting. Nice to bring unicron back.

Yup, i hope they resolve the aracnid and zombie/vampire insecticons. I'd like to think the team would be informed about them and ratchet help comes up with an antedote.

OmegaForteGS

[9]Jul 28, 2013
    Well, we also don't know if all the Cybertron Zombies which were in the S1 finale were all killed when the spacebridge exploded. So some of those might also be alive.
    It would at least make Unicron more of a threat, since he can control all Dark Energon zombies. Makes me wonder if he can also control the Arachnid made zombie insecticons. Seeing how it was only infectious after adding dark energon+incomplete synthetic energon.

MajLorne

[10]Jul 30, 2013
    Hem, would make the triple alliance that much more significant if they had to join forces against an army of zombies. I just hope it's going to be like '5 episodes' long the way the series premier was. I don't want it to be shortened to just the typical 90min or less most animlted films are.

MajLorne

[11]Sep 15, 2013
    I don't want to start a new thread in case the info is wrong, but the movie might air on the hub on October 4. So mark the date on the calendar.

MajLorne

[12]Oct 3, 2013
    Well dunno if there's anyone still here, but the movie will air tomorrow at 8pm. Sadly it looks like it's about '3 eps' long.

MajLorne

[13]Oct 7, 2013

Wow, no replies? Anyway, movie was pretty good, but I think they wrapped it up a little too neatly and they didn't resolve the vampire aracnid line. Bee was actually pretty awesome especially with Will Fridel vocing him. If he had a voice earlier I might've liked his character more.

Smokescreen's comment about what to call the new entity megacron or Unitron was funny. Ultra Magnus and Wheeljack had really limited roles. The human characters do not show up at all, so that was a good send off in the series finale. Soundwave didn't show up, so probably still stuck in the 'shadowzone'.

***SPOILER***

Edited on 10/07/2013 12:11pm

The_reids

[14]Oct 8, 2013
    • level: 2

I only saw the first 30 mins of it I think. It stopped for me when Prime was well.... You know... I must know if he comes back at all ? Is that it for prime ?Has all the movie aired already ? I really wish this series wasn't over ! It was well done. Is the movie only 30 minutes long ? Is the end when prime fly's down into the cave is that the end of the movie ?

Edited on 10/08/2013 6:10am

MajLorne

[15]Oct 9, 2013

It was 90 min. You probably saw the last 30min. They aired it a few more times on the weekend. And yes, when Prime flew into the well, that was the end. Just click the spoiler tag in my previous post.

Edited on 10/09/2013 9:17am

The_reids

[16]Oct 14, 2013
    • level: 2

I'm very disappionted that the show has come to an end already. Especially the way it did. I really think they could have had at LEAST 2 or 3 more seasons of the autobots on Cybertron. Rebuilding it. With new Autobots and Deceptacons returing to Cybertron as well as being brought back to life. Also to be able to bring prime back. The posiblites for new stories and writing on Cybertron could have been almost endless. I'm kinda sad ! The show was well done and I enjoyed watching it with my son ! :-( Is there any news of a new Transformers show ? Or a new version ?