is the end near?(warning possible spoilers_

silverfoxy8472

[1]Sep 28, 2012
    • level: 14

i just finished Alpha:Omega and this new set of relics worries me. These new relics are meant to bring about a new golden age in one form or another. Last time this happened in the USA it was the END of the show.After retrieving these four keys does this mean TFP is done? I mean the last epic battle ended with one becoming galvatron and the other being replaced by rodimus prime. If not the end then does this mean the advent of a new leader like before(decepticons) and a new autobot leader possibly? is anyone else worried like me?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MajLorne

[2]Sep 28, 2012
    • level: 21
    I was disappointed that Prime lost his epic sword after just one episode, but I was also hoping there would've been some side effects from Megatron using a dead prime's hand. (Also it seems remarkable that hand was in such good condition considering robots turn black when they die. At least from the old show.)

I dunno, I would hope the writers will not kill Prime for good as that series never recovered from his death and the Rodimus always questioning his leadership abilities got stale. Hem, I do wonder what will happen when they get all the keys. I also found it a little odd about George Tekei voicing A3 [not that I found it was bad, but it just didn't suit the character, i dunno]. I am glad the newbie wasn't killed off. That would suck for Arcee to have a 3rd partner die and she would be like a 'black widow' for partners. I kinda like Smokescreen now. He's sorta like what Hot rod was in the 86 movie. Even the part where Prime told him to stay out of the fight with Megatron seemed to echo the movie.

silverfoxy8472

[3]Sep 29, 2012

in the first series they brought about the golden age of cybertron as I said but ended the series now the omega keys in some way will do that as well and might I point out OMEGA KEYS as we all know what omega is in general. this to me isominous for the show. I mean AFTER ONLY TWO SEASONS?!!!! come on this series is very worthy of at least ONE MORE season.they could have called them the alpha keys or the phoenix keys ANYTHING that doesn't bring this ominous feeling for the show.

Edited on 09/29/2012 8:12am
    Edited 2 total times.

MajLorne

[4]Sep 30, 2012
    Well there's pros and cons to everything. While they have the stuff and characters to go on and on, I think the show might risk going stale. Also, even though they are talking about the Omega keys to revive Cybertron, I don't see why we can't have a season dealing with the rebuilding or such. I mean I kinda trust the writers to end the show accordingly. And when you consider most TF shows have 1-3 seasons, then that's a pretty good run if they don't have to resort to the same 'try and take over the world' plot in every episode.

The first series should've ended after they revived Prime. The show totally jumped off the cliff with the whole targetmaster/headmaster nonsense. I hate to say it, but I'm starting to appreciate this version a lot more than the 80s show because they focus on a select group of characters rather than have 50 robots fighting and showing up randomly. It's why Beast wars was pretty good.

silverfoxy8472

[5]Sep 30, 2012

MajLorne wrote:
    Well there's pros and cons to everything. While they have the stuff and characters to go on and on, I think the show might risk going stale. Also, even though they are talking about the Omega keys to revive Cybertron, I don't see why we can't have a season dealing with the rebuilding or such. I mean I kinda trust the writers to end the show accordingly. And when you consider most TF shows have 1-3 seasons, then that's a pretty good run if they don't have to resort to the same 'try and take over the world' plot in every episode. The first series should've ended after they revived Prime. The show totally jumped off the cliff with the whole targetmaster/headmaster nonsense. I hate to say it, but I'm starting to appreciate this version a lot more than the 80s show because they focus on a select group of characters rather than have 50 robots fighting and showing up randomly. It's why Beast wars was pretty good.

I agree with the beast wars thing in fact beast wars/beast machines ADDED for the first time in generations something new. I have watched off youtube the JAPANESE headmasters admittedly different beast but getting back to the subject at hand I liked the headmasters the rise of SCORPONOK AND FORTRESS MAXIMUS(hey me giant robot fight great combo there!!!) but the show in danger of going stale MAYBE in the long run yes but right now no there isn't evensufficientcast for one thing rogue starscream please let there be a rise of another faction. the potential i heard of COMBINERS no don't end the show like this it should be far more epic. yes i know a revival of cybertron is epic and hard to beat epic scale like that. When I say epic i mean optimus and megatron going at it somehow settling it or maybe pull a dragonball z vegeta(hey i wouldn't have a problem with that considering what has been established) but all this conflictunresolvednot to mention the new recruit showing his full potential how would theyresolvethe human cybertronian relationships? special agent fowler. silas (come now good villains never truly die) and mech(hey i don't believe mech is done for) ending the show NOW no this would be a mistake i hope my forboding feeling doesn't come to pass. on another note I think after the new golden age of cybertron in the original seriesDanielwould have eventually transfered to a cybertronian body protoform or whatever because of his relationship with Arcee just an opinion though.

MajLorne

[6]Sep 30, 2012
    I think the Daniel and Arcee thing was more like a mother/protector and son kinda thing than anything 'serious'. Taking what was said on wiki with a grain of salt, it seems there will be a season3, so you can relax now. I'll say it again, I like the show, but it's not the end of the world if it ends. Most shows are lucky if they get a season2. Look at the new thundercats and GIJoe shows, both were pretty good and are either canceled or in limbo for just a second season.

silverfoxy8472

[7]Oct 1, 2012

MajLorne wrote:
    I think the Daniel and Arcee thing was more like a mother/protector and son kinda thing than anything 'serious'. Taking what was said on wiki with a grain of salt, it seems there will be a season3, so you can relax now. I'll say it again, I like the show, but it's not the end of the world if it ends. Most shows are lucky if they get a season2. Look at the new thundercats and GIJoe shows, both were pretty good and are either canceled or in limbo for just a second season.

I disagree about the Arcee and daniel thing but that is just me. the renegades were written into the corner (G.I joe) thundercats this has the potential to be Ying Yang Yo all over again. just gearing up and then canceled. as for the subject at hand end of the world no wellll maybe their world but no but i consider it bad decision making on the part of the execs if they do the word omega has bad juju all over it when it comes to a show like this. oh i will have to find the source and verify it but thanks for the info you are a pal.

Edited on 10/01/2012 6:32am